> Second referendum
Turin Machine
post May 13 2019, 04:01 PM
Post #961

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (newres @ May 13 2019, 03:41 PM) *
If I wanted to be up to date I'd mention the two "party" founders forced to resign for racism. rolleyes.gif

And the labour party members forced to resign for anti semitism. In any case, what's the actions of others to do with NF?

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
newres
post May 13 2019, 05:42 PM
Post #962

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 13 2019, 05:01 PM) *
And the labour party members forced to resign for anti semitism. In any case, what's the actions of others to do with NF?

Three founders and two of them guilty of racist statements and the third was unaware of and has different views? Farage is a racist as evidenced by his poster and his public statements about Romanians.

Did you watch the whole of the Andrew Marr interview? Farage was made to look an idiot and a liar.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 13 2019, 06:21 PM
Post #963

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ May 13 2019, 06:42 PM) *
Three founders and two of them guilty of racist statements and the third was unaware of and has different views? Farage is a racist as evidenced by his poster and his public statements about Romanians.

Did you watch the whole of the Andrew Marr interview? Farage was made to look an idiot and a liar.

Marr looked like a hero to remainers and a d1ckhead to brexiteers...that's whey we are.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 13 2019, 06:32 PM
Post #964

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

What's that Skip? newres is down at the docks and hes talking ***** again?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 13 2019, 06:39 PM
Post #965

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 13 2019, 07:32 PM) *
What's that Skip? newres is down at the docks and hes talking ***** again?

I think he spends all his time "In the barrell" for his remoaner mates...😂

+Quote Post
newres
post May 13 2019, 07:22 PM
Post #966

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 13 2019, 07:21 PM) *
Marr looked like a hero to remainers and a d1ckhead to brexiteers...that's whey we are.

Marr didn’t come across as a hero at all. I think you’ll find that going forward all interviewers will be calling out Farage’s lies. The media have realised that part of balance is challenging things that are demonstrably lies and not giving the lies equal coverage.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 13 2019, 07:30 PM
Post #967

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 13 2019, 08:22 PM) *
Marr didn’t come across as a hero at all. I think you’ll find that going forward all interviewers will be calling out Farage’s lies. The media have realised that part of balance is challenging things that are demonstrably lies and not giving the lies equal coverage.

Yet when remainers say stay and reform.. and you ask them how...you never get an answer...they can't answer. Works both ways chap. If we stay how are things going to change? Not seen a single remainers explain.. apart from saying we are better in than out.

+Quote Post
newres
post May 13 2019, 07:50 PM
Post #968

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 13 2019, 08:30 PM) *
Yet when remainers say stay and reform.. and you ask them how...you never get an answer...they can't answer. Works both ways chap. If we stay how are things going to change? Not seen a single remainers explain.. apart from saying we are better in than out.

I never voted for reform. No one would be voting for reform in a second referendum. I’ve no idea what you’re talking about.

The EU is like any entity - evolving. But we have an opt out and veto on anything we don’t like.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 13 2019, 08:11 PM
Post #969

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 13 2019, 08:50 PM) *
I never voted for reform. No one would be voting for reform in a second referendum. I’ve no idea what you’re talking about.

The EU is like any entity - evolving. But we have an opt out and veto on anything we don’t like.

Not what the remainers politicians are saying...reform? You don't agree with Lammy then?

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidLammy/statu...511074046136326

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 13 2019, 08:45 PM
Post #970

Advanced Member

By the way... this is Marr...guess his hand "slipped"....#BBC enough said...

+Quote Post
newres
post May 13 2019, 08:52 PM
Post #971

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 13 2019, 09:11 PM) *
Not what the remainers politicians are saying...reform? You don't agree with Lammy then?

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidLammy/statu...511074046136326

Can’t see it on my iPad, but nothing is perfect and all institutions evolve. I do think if we remain there will be some changes although I can’t see it altering fundamentally. There’s no way the governments would give MEPs more power than to yay or nay proposals put by the governments.

The whole thing is daft. We’re at the heart of the EU and the idea we aren’t independent is ridiculous. There’s far more important things to be concerned with. Would you trust Farage with the NHS or gun laws or our relationship with Russia? If you answer yes to those then you’re crazy.

+Quote Post
newres
post May 13 2019, 08:53 PM
Post #972

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 13 2019, 09:45 PM) *
By the way... this is Marr...guess his hand "slipped"....#BBC enough said...

Ad hominem.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 13 2019, 11:23 PM
Post #973

Advanced Member

Nigel is, quite simply an unknown, almost a force of nature, if he didn't exist we would need to invent him. Like Our Don he simply ploughs on sweeping all before him. He doesn't play by the Westminster playbook, and just like Don, the people will vote for him even though they don't think they should. He's got both parties quaking in their patent leather boots at the moment. I predict a solid 40% for him next week. It's going to be funny, watch the show, any bets on who crumbles first and opens the door for him? May or Beardy? And oh yes, had a great time last weekend!

+Quote Post
newres
post May 14 2019, 05:18 AM
Post #974

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 14 2019, 12:23 AM) *
Nigel is, quite simply an unknown, almost a force of nature, if he didn't exist we would need to invent him. Like Our Don he simply ploughs on sweeping all before him. He doesn't play by the Westminster playbook, and just like Don, the people will vote for him even though they don't think they should. He's got both parties quaking in their patent leather boots at the moment. I predict a solid 40% for him next week. It's going to be funny, watch the show, any bets on who crumbles first and opens the door for him? May or Beardy? And oh yes, had a great time last weekend!

It will make no difference to the maths in parliament so no one will open the door to him. Labour have little to fear from Farage. It’s the Libdems that are taking their votes due to the referendum lack of clarity and he’ll just split the Tory vote in a GE ensuring a Labour victory. The very best the country can hope for is a Lib Dem/Labour alliance.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 14 2019, 06:22 AM
Post #975

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 14 2019, 06:18 AM) *
It will make no difference to the maths in parliament so no one will open the door to him. Labour have little to fear from Farage. It’s the Libdems that are taking their votes due to the referendum lack of clarity and he’ll just split the Tory vote in a GE ensuring a Labour victory. The very best the country can hope for is a Lib Dem/Labour alliance.

😂😂😂😂 Comedy gold.

+Quote Post
newres
post May 14 2019, 07:56 AM
Post #976

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 14 2019, 07:22 AM) *
😂😂😂😂 Comedy gold.

You'll need to explain that. I know you think that because the north voted leave it means northerners won't vote Labour, but analysis shows that to not be correct. 80% of Labour voters voted remain. The greatest threat is Labour voters deserting to the Lib Dems.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 14 2019, 08:09 AM
Post #977

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 14 2019, 08:56 AM) *
You'll need to explain that. I know you think that because the north voted leave it means northerners won't vote Labour, but analysis shows that to not be correct. 80% of Labour voters voted remain. The greatest threat is Labour voters deserting to the Lib Dems.

Show this 'analysis'. Mine shows the figure at 65% not 80%. Big difference.

+Quote Post
newres
post May 14 2019, 09:29 AM
Post #978

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 14 2019, 09:09 AM) *
Show this 'analysis'. Mine shows the figure at 65% not 80%. Big difference.

Fair criticism. The 80% figure was quoted on LBC yesterday by a Labour politician and I may have misheard or misrepresented it unintentionally as "voted" as opposed to "support", but I can't find a reference to the figure on line. However polling indicates that 73% of Labour voters think Brexit is a mistake.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/j...ond-brexit-vote

"The findings “increase the pressure on Labour’s leader to get off the fence”, Bale said. “If Jeremy Corbyn genuinely believes, as he has repeatedly claimed, that the Labour party’s policy should reflect the wishes of its members rather than just its leaders, then he arguably has a funny way of showing it – at least when it comes to Brexit,” he said.

There was, he noted, some difference between the views of Labour voters and members. While a parallel poll of 1,675 voters found 73% of the party’s supporters believed the Brexit decision was a mistake, for members that rises to 89%."

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 14 2019, 10:45 AM
Post #979

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 14 2019, 10:29 AM) *
Fair criticism. The 80% figure was quoted on LBC yesterday by a Labour politician and I may have misheard or misrepresented it unintentionally as "voted" as opposed to "support", but I can't find a reference to the figure on line. However polling indicates that 73% of Labour voters think Brexit is a mistake.

"The findings “increase the pressure on Labour’s leader to get off the fence”, Bale said. “If Jeremy Corbyn genuinely believes, as he has repeatedly claimed, that the Labour party’s policy should reflect the wishes of its members rather than just its leaders, then he arguably has a funny way of showing it – at least when it comes to Brexit,” he said.

There was, he noted, some difference between the views of Labour voters and members. While a parallel poll of 1,675 voters found 73% of the party’s supporters believed the Brexit decision was a mistake, for members that rises to 89%."

Fair enough.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post May 14 2019, 12:38 PM
Post #980

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (newres @ May 14 2019, 10:29 AM) *

Criticizes people who quote the Mail, then quotes from the Groaniad. ��

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post

85 Pages V  « < 47 48 49 50 51 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:38 PM