> Come and meet the UKIP candidate
Iommi
post Mar 28 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

QUOTE (user23 @ Mar 28 2010, 08:34 PM) *
Of course they're relevant if he's proposing to represent the people of Newbury in Parliament.

Which is why the rest of the sentence went, "- unless you really think he is going to win." rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
user23
post Mar 28 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Iommi @ Mar 28 2010, 08:38 PM) *
Which is why the rest of the sentence went, "- unless you really think he is going to win." rolleyes.gif
Why would you vote for someone you didn't want to win and who's policies you know nothing of?

Seems rather strange to me, Rusty.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Mar 28 2010, 07:49 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Mar 28 2010, 08:41 PM) *
Why would you vote for someone you didn't want to win and who's policies you know nothing of?

Who said anything about not wanting to win? I want Brain Burgess to win, it is just that I know he wont! rolleyes.gif And before you ask, I have explained on more than one occasion why!

+Quote Post
user23
post Mar 28 2010, 07:51 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Mar 28 2010, 08:49 PM) *
Who said anything about not wanting to win? I want Brain Burgess to win, it is just that I know he wont! rolleyes.gif
You have no idea what he stands for, yet you've given him your vote already. Honestly, you're just digging yourself deeper and deeper with each reply from the "legalising murder" is the same as leaving the EU daftness, to this.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Mar 28 2010, 08:06 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Mar 28 2010, 08:51 PM) *
You have no idea what he stands for, yet you've given him your vote already. Honestly, you're just digging yourself deeper and deeper with each reply from the "legalising murder" is the same as leaving the EU daftness, to this.

Before my next post, please would you show me where I have compared the two? My first impression is, either you have a major problem with comprehension, or my ability to make myself understood is way off mark.

+Quote Post
user23
post Mar 28 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Mar 28 2010, 09:06 PM) *
Before my next post, please would you show me where I have compared the two? My first impression is, either you have a major problem with comprehension, or my ability to make myself understood is way off mark.
You've got to be trying to wind us all up again. An adult wouldn't post something like that with a straight face.

There's a whole political party dedicated to us leaving the EU and it's definitely a possibility that we might, perhaps not a great one but still a possibility To compare this with the legalisation of murder and say the chances are the same has got to be a wind up, no one can seriously think the two have the same chance of happening.

I'm fed up with you playing games, you're obviously on the wind up yet again. I'm out and you're going on "Ignore", I suggest other do the same, it's worked in the past with previous "trolls".

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Mar 28 2010, 08:08 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Mar 28 2010, 08:51 PM) *
You've got to be trying to wind us all up again. An adult wouldn't post something like that with a straight face.

Take it or leave it, but I ain't laughing.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Mar 28 2010, 08:11 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Mar 28 2010, 09:07 PM) *
You've got to be trying to wind us all up again. An adult wouldn't post something like that with a straight face. I'm fed up with you playing games, you're obviously on the wind up yet again. I'm out.

[wind-up] Bye, bye, and I hope you can sleep it off by the morning, fresh for work! wink.gif [/wind-up]

By the way, here are my statements regarding my voting for Brian Burgess, or anyone else.

QUOTE (Iommi @ Mar 28 2010, 02:02 PM) *
If Brian Burgess stands, I'll vote for him. If not then maybe UKIP. Not because I feel they are best suited, but because I am very disappointed in the Lib Dems and the Tories. At least council tax hasn't increased as much every year as it did under the Lib Dems. This is, however, a national vote and I don't see anything in the Tories that would suggest they would have stopped what has happened with the economy, nor do they convince me they have the right solution. I doubt UKIP have the answers, but there's nothing like a bit of anarchy to rock the boat! tongue.gif
QUOTE (Iommi @ Mar 28 2010, 03:52 PM) *
The best thing that could happen in UK politics, would be if people like him up and down the country, succeeded. I think if you had any real interest in democracy and the integrity in politics, you would agree. Party politics, in my view, is helping to wreck local democracy.
QUOTE (Iommi @ Mar 28 2010, 06:14 PM) *
I have already explained why I would vote Brian Burgess, he shares views similar to mine on some things, but the main reason is that I might protest without actually impacting on the result. As he would be an independent, his voting power would be insignificant in parliament anyway.
QUOTE (Iommi @ Mar 28 2010, 06:34 PM) *
...I am not voting on policies. I would be making a protest vote, if anything. Although I would like to see Brian Burgess or UKIP win, as I think it would send a warning to future politicians not to take the electorate for granted.
QUOTE (Iommi @ Mar 28 2010, 08:28 PM) *
For me, I just cannot bring myself to vote for the Lib Dems, or the Tories. I want to vote for someone, but the BNP and some of the other fringe parties are out of the question. This leaves Mr Burgess or UKIP. If it were to transpire that, indeed, UKIP or Brian Burgess were 'BNP lite', then they wouldn't get my vote either.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Mar 28 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

You have this irritating habit of changing fundamental elements in your posts, so I have had to go back to this...again...talk about a WUM. rolleyes.gif

There's a whole political party dedicated to us leaving the EU and it's definitely a possibility that we might, perhaps not a great one but still a possibility To compare this with the legalisation of murder and say the chances are the same has got to be a wind up, no one can seriously think the two have the same chance of happening.

That is correct, regrettably, however, you have totally misunderstood and misrepresented my point, Despite my trying to clarify it.

Lets see if this helps...

I said, "It wouldn't make any difference what he thought. He is just as likely to influence a change in EU policy as legalising murder."

I think any rational person on this board would understand that this is a figure of speech, and that I was simply stating that I think the chances of Brian Burgess actually being in a position to influence EU policy is nil.

I do admit that the chances of us leaving the EU is possible, where as legalising murder is not, but the likelihood of Brian Burgess being able to effectively influence either scenario is nil - in my view.

I'm fed up with you playing games, you're obviously on the wind up yet again. I'm out and you're going on "Ignore", I suggest other do the same, it's worked in the past with previous "trolls".

I can only think that I wind you up, because you are fed-up having some of your feeble arguments exposed. I'd also like to say that I know no-other person on this site that posts as much 'wind-up' material as you, but I won't put you on ignore, so long as you don't spoil my enjoyment on this site.

As for me? I'm sure there some on here that can't wait to see me come unstuck, but I'll let them decide how they wish to use this forum.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Mar 29 2010, 08:12 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

What a lot of fuss.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you disagree with it you can either argue the point of ignore it.
And if you think you are being "wound up" then don't reply. Replying only perpetuates the nonsense.
My view is that the major political parties need a monumental kick up the backside and a protest vote will do that. The disappointing people who are or who were in powerful positions continue to demonstrate a corrupt and grubby image by lining their own pockets even though they continue to be found out. However a protest vote will bring about a hung parliment.
Personally I can't stomach 5 more years of this Labour Governement.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 29 2010, 08:17 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Mar 29 2010, 09:12 AM) *
What a lot of fuss.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you disagree with it you can either argue the point of ignore it.
And if you think you are being "wound up" then don't reply. Replying only perpetuates the nonsense.
My view is that the major political parties need a monumental kick up the backside and a protest vote will do that. The disappointing people who are or who were in powerful positions continue to demonstrate a corrupt and grubby image by lining their own pockets even though they continue to be found out. However a protest vote will bring about a hung parliment.
Personally I can't stomach 5 more years of this Labour Governement.

UKIP are getting my vote. Oh and when the door knockers knock I'm going to tell them that I am a 'floating' voter. After 20 minutes or so of them trying to convince me to vote Lib/Lab/Con I'll tell them that just like the MP's I've been lying all the time and I made my mind up a long time ago. A bit petty but you reap what you sow.... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Mar 29 2010, 08:23 AM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 29 2010, 08:17 AM) *
UKIP are getting my vote. Oh and when the door knockers knock I'm going to tell them that I am a 'floating' voter. After 20 minutes or so of them trying to convince me to vote Lib/Lab/Con I'll tell them that just like the MP's I've been lying all the time and I made my mind up a long time ago. A bit petty but you reap what you sow.... laugh.gif

Fair play mate. Your choice and you know I might just be with you.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Mar 29 2010, 09:53 AM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

I have obviously missed something pretty significant here. Who is Brian Burgess and how did he get into this debate?

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Mar 29 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19

The old 'put you on ignore' response.........brilliant. Surely it would have been more adult to just say 'lets leave it that we agree to disagree'.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Mar 29 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Mar 29 2010, 10:53 AM) *
I have obviously missed something pretty significant here. Who is Brian Burgess and how did he get into this debate?

See here...

Brian Burgess has said people are fed up with 'arrogant' politicians

QUOTE (Gumbo @ Mar 29 2010, 11:11 AM) *
The old 'put you on ignore' response.........brilliant. Surely it would have been more adult to just say 'lets leave it that we agree to disagree'.

For my part, I cannot back down and people don't like me for it, but to be honest, I wasn't trying to wind user23 up, but he did seem to be all over the place with his argument. Which was basically, he thinks UKIP resemble the BNP, based, it seems, on both using a similar, but misunderstood phrase.

+Quote Post
user23
post Mar 29 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Mar 29 2010, 10:53 AM) *
The local retailing supremo who's going to be standing for Parliament at the forthcoming election.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Mar 29 2010, 01:51 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Mar 29 2010, 01:08 PM) *
The local retailing supremo who's going to be standing for Parliament at the forthcoming election.

Yes thanks, that was explained in the previous post a couple of hours ago.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Mar 29 2010, 02:02 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Mar 29 2010, 02:51 PM) *
Yes thanks, that was explained in the previous post a couple of hours ago.

He alleges that he has put me on ignore, so he is pretending to not know what I have posted. wink.gif

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Mar 29 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

LOL @ non-existent post #58

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Mar 29 2010, 04:18 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

All this talk of MP's policies is relevant. It's their parties policies that count. Also if elected to represent Newbury, the MP should do just that so again personal preferences aren't defunct, but they're not really a major factor. Trust in them to do this is important so personality does play a part.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:44 PM