IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fed up with police, victim turns detective, Service provided by Thames Valley police
jj kamat
post Jun 12 2009, 08:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 138

Thames valley police doesn't seem to be providing the required service. After reading this article on MWN "Fed up with police, victim turns detective", i think the car owner took a good move and would appreciate the car owner and ask other to be independent rather dependent on police.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 31 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (jj kamat @ Jun 12 2009, 09:25 AM) *
Thames valley police doesn't seem to be providing the required service. After reading this article on MWN "Fed up with police, victim turns detective", i think the car owner took a good move and would appreciate the car owner and ask other to be independent rather dependent on police.

Or they could all club together and form a vigalante group so the police can continue doing what they do best. wink.gif

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Aug 1 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 1 2009, 12:21 AM) *
Or they could all club together and form a vigalante group so the police can continue doing what they do best. wink.gif

Quite keen on Vigilantism aren't we.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 1 2009, 01:51 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Aug 1 2009, 01:17 PM) *
Quite keen on Vigilantism aren't we.

Only because they can do the job the police aren't doing. Nobody would be keen on them if the courts, the police and the government did what they promised; "tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime."

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Aug 1 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 164

Vigilantism is not the answer, we have moved on from mob rule and power of the "strong".What we require is a judicial system that works. I suggest every one reading this forum emails their M.P. ( Richard Beynon ) and expresses their total horror at the inept law and order situation this country has evolved.
Rhetoric has been our downfall,now is the time for strong action to return our streets to the inhabitants.

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 1 2009, 06:38 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (lordtup @ Aug 1 2009, 06:42 PM) *
Vigilantism is not the answer, we have moved on from mob rule and power of the "strong".What we require is a judicial system that works. I suggest every one reading this forum emails their M.P. ( Richard Beynon ) and expresses their total horror at the inept law and order situation this country has evolved.
Rhetoric has been our downfall,now is the time for strong action to return our streets to the inhabitants.

Of course it isn't an answer, it is a last resort. We moved on from the mob rule because we had a law and order that worked for the people. That law and order seems to have died down recently.

As for the last paragraph; I totally agree.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Aug 1 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

I think any mention of vigilantes on this forum was meant as a joke - mine in another thread certainly was. Nobody wants vigilantes.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 1 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Aug 1 2009, 08:32 PM) *
I think any mention of vigilantes on this forum was meant as a joke - mine in another thread certainly was. Nobody wants vigilantes.

Of course it was.... people's minds wander in that direction through frustration of the current situation' failure.

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Aug 2 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 164

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 1 2009, 08:46 PM) *
Of course it was.... people's minds wander in that direction through frustration of the current situation' failure.

Frustration sums it up very well.The fact that we know what the answer is , but no one is listening, or at least selective hearing seems to affect those who are in charge of running the country.

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 2 2009, 01:34 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (lordtup @ Aug 2 2009, 01:34 PM) *
Frustration sums it up very well.The fact that we know what the answer is , but no one is listening, or at least selective hearing seems to affect those who are in charge of running the country.

I was reading an article awhile back that said if we asked the population if they want the death penalty brought back then they would say yes. That is why they - MP's/ government - don't want it back or won't ask us; it is not what they want or think is right. So much for democracy. Part from that the European Union wouldn't allow it and any laws that were passed and they don't agree with then they can/ will veto it.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 2 2009, 02:01 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

I wonder if the population was polled and asked if they think income tax should be scrapped, I wonder what the what poll might say? Also, do you have any examples of law being passed that the EU have vetoed?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 2 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Aug 2 2009, 03:01 PM) *
I wonder if the population was polled and asked if they think income tax should be scrapped, I wonder what the what poll might say? Also, do you have any examples of law being passed that the EU have vetoed?

The last question first; no, because we are compliant. Also; when Britain signed up to the European charter they accepted that they would not allow the death penalty; that goes against the European rules/ ethos.

As for income tax or any tax; they are a necessary evil. Without them governments wouldn’t be able to function. You can’t compare the death penalty with tax; it doesn’t help your argument, whatever that argument is.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 2 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 2 2009, 03:22 PM) *
As for income tax or any tax; they are a necessary evil. Without them governments wouldn’t be able to function. You can’t compare the death penalty with tax; it doesn’t help your argument, whatever that argument is.

If you don't know my argument, then how can you say it doesn't help it? tongue.gif

For starters, I said income tax, not any tax. Secondly, it wasn't the merit of the question I was trying to demonstrate, but to illustrate that popular opinion doesn't necessarily mean the correct one.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 2 2009, 02:55 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Aug 2 2009, 03:23 PM) *
If you don't know my argument, then how can you say it doesn't help it?

For starters, I said income tax, not any tax. Secondly, it wasn't the merit of the question I was trying to demonstrate, but to illustrate that popular opinion doesn't necessarily mean the correct one.

That is true; but who says this isn't the correct one?

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 2 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 2 2009, 03:55 PM) *
That is true; but who says this isn't the correct one?

Currently, our 'elected' representatives.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Aug 2 2009, 03:03 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 2 2009, 03:22 PM) *
Also; when Britain signed up to the European charter they accepted that they would not allow the death penalty; that goes against the European rules/ ethos.

It goes against any civilized or thinking person's ethos.

And the death penalty was abolished in this country long before we joined the EU.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 2 2009, 06:46 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Aug 2 2009, 03:56 PM) *
Currently, our 'elected' representatives.

You mean the same people who've been fiddling their expenses? Are you saying that their word is their bond; that because they've said it then that means they are right?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 2 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Aug 2 2009, 04:03 PM) *
It goes against any civilized or thinking person's ethos.

And the death penalty was abolished in this country long before we joined the EU.

The trouble is we are supposed to be a civilized society dealing with uncivilized people.

On that note; America is also regarded as a civilized society - and Europe and Britain also follows them - but they have the death penalty. Doesn't the connection make an oxymoron?

That is true about the abolition of the death penalty, but that doesn't change the fact that we couldn't revert back because of Europe.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Aug 2 2009, 07:09 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 2 2009, 07:50 PM) *
On that note; America is also regarded as a civilized society - and Europe and Britain also follows them - but they have the death penalty. Doesn't the connection make an oxymoron?

By whom? I wasn't going to mention them, but you brought it up wink.gif. Certain aspects of their society are uncivilized (death penalty, widespread gun ownership) and some are just plain cuckoo (evolution denial). No, I don't see any oxymoron there.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 2 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Aug 2 2009, 08:09 PM) *
By whom? I wasn't going to mention them, but you brought it up wink.gif. Certain aspects of their society are uncivilized (death penalty, widespread gun ownership) and some are just plain cuckoo (evolution denial). No, I don't see any oxymoron there.

We’ve got evolution deniers in this country, granted not on the same scale as they have in America... but we’ve still got the nutters. I must also point out that we have a gun culture in this country and you say we are civilised?

As for the gun; there is nothing wrong with it as it is harmless on it is own. It is the idiots that pull the trigger that is the problem.

You point out some things that, in your opinion, shows that it doesn’t make them civilized. I can point out anti-social behaviour, Hungerford massacre, left and right extremist groups etc in this country. The finger could be pointed at us. We could also talk about abortion (by the way I am not against abortion, but some see it as uncivilised). We are no more civilized than they are.

Some people will even argue that locking somebody up for life, rather than executing them, is less civilized.

People have choices in this country, as they do in America; don't do the crime and your freedom will be intact and your life will be spared. Take a life and yours will be taken as well... simple. it is all down to choices.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2024 - 03:11 PM