> Lack of Toilets facilities, Lack of toilet facilities
blackdog
post Jul 18 2009, 09:04 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 17 2009, 10:43 PM) *
Yes; just double checked. I misread the previous post. I just read yours and I thought it was a council thing. I'll accept a slap wrist laugh.gif

I think it is Italy that passed a law requiring certain premises that already had to provide toilet facilities (eg bars) to allow the public to use them even if they weren't customers. An instant way to provide 'public' toilets all over town.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 18 2009, 09:26 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (blackdog @ Jul 18 2009, 10:04 AM) *
I think it is Italy that passed a law requiring certain premises that already had to provide toilet facilities (eg bars) to allow the public to use them even if they weren't customers. An instant way to provide 'public' toilets all over town.

I think that is a good idea but I don't think that will go down too well over here. On that matter I use toilet facilities whether I am using so-and-so's premises or not. what else are you suppose to do if you can't find a public toilet or the toilets that are available or filthy?

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 18 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 18 2009, 10:26 AM) *
...what else are you suppose to do if you can't find a public toilet or the toilets that are available or filthy?

...or have any loo roll in!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 18 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 18 2009, 11:42 AM) *
...or have any loo roll in!

True; and you discover that when it is too late sad.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Good Boy Racer
post Jul 20 2009, 09:21 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 22

True; and you discover that when it is too late

and i've experienced that wink.gif

--------------------
"Quick, Hide something that looks like fun!"

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 20 2009, 09:58 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Good Boy Racer @ Jul 20 2009, 10:21 AM) *
and i've experienced that wink.gif

Hasn't everybody at one time or another? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Andy
post Jul 29 2009, 12:04 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26

This seems like a good idea...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/berkshire/8172234.stm

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Newbury Expat_*
post Jul 29 2009, 03:52 AM
Post #48

Guests

QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 28 2009, 05:04 PM) *

That it does. Any idea whether WBC will pay attention to other initiatives in the region?

Still depending on which mpub you're talking about, it could be safer to use the public ones tongue.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 29 2009, 09:26 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Could somebody explain something to me; if I am caught short and there are only pubs nearby I use them anyway so why are council's paying? Have they got more money than sense? If you walked into a pub nobody would stop you using their toilets.

+Quote Post
Andy
post Jul 29 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 29 2009, 10:26 AM) *
Could somebody explain something to me; if I am caught short and there are only pubs nearby I use them anyway so why are council's paying? Have they got more money than sense? If you walked into a pub nobody would stop you using their toilets.

Technically they could stop you using them as they would more than likely be for patrons only. But, this way families could take their children in just to use the toilets. Also, it's not just for pubs, but shops and cafes and anywhere else with easy access to a toilet for the public.

The payments to the shops etc would no doubt be to cover the additional cost that they would inevitably incur, i.e. toilet paper, cleaning materials and additional upkeep. These payments would come from the closure of the public toilets and the saving of many thousands that is ploughed into their maintenance, cleaning etc. every year

Personally, I think it's a quality idea as there is also the possibility that a "customer" might spot something in a shop they like and purchase it or stop and have a cup of coffee in a cafe, which they would ordinarily not have done, thereby increasing potential turnover.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 29 2009, 10:09 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy @ Jul 29 2009, 10:51 AM) *
Technically they could stop you using them as they would more than likely be for patrons only. But, this way families could take their children in just to use the toilets. Also, it's not just for pubs, but shops and cafes and anywhere else with easy access to a toilet for the public.

The payments to the shops etc would no doubt be to cover the additional cost that they would inevitably incur, i.e. toilet paper, cleaning materials and additional upkeep. These payments would come from the closure of the public toilets and the saving of many thousands that is ploughed into their maintenance, cleaning etc. every year

Personally, I think it's a quality idea as there is also the possibility that a "customer" might spot something in a shop they like and purchase it or stop and have a cup of coffee in a cafe, which they would ordinarily not have done, thereby increasing potential turnover.

I see your point about kids and maybe they will use the facilities of the shop that is allowing the public to use the toilets.

"Technically" they might stop you using it, but I don't think they would. How would they know it wasn't a customer using the toilets and if they are packed they wouldn't notice. On top of that I don't think the staff are that bothered. Of course it might become a problem if coach loads of people came in all at once. My daughter works at Queens and she said you wouldn't be able to tell a customer from somebody just coming off the street to use their facilities.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:42 AM