IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bankrupt Britain, When are we going to feel the pain?
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 8 2010, 10:19 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

Britain is rapidly heading towards losing its credit rating and becoming the next Greece.

The Politicians have all got there heads in the sand and will not tell the electorate how they plan to cut the national debt through taxation.

I would have more respect for any of the parties if they came out and said what they were going to do.

I expect Unemployment to be 4 million by the end of the year (real figure much more but its how they 'count' these days that mae that figure up)

I can see inflation rising as well. Sorry to sound all doom and gloom but I'm certain this is going to be a 'double dip' depression as you can only print so much money (Quantative Easing) before you have to stop. When QE stops the brown stuffs going to hit the fan. sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gel
post Mar 8 2010, 11:49 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 337

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 8 2010, 10:19 AM) *
Britain is rapidly heading towards losing its credit rating and becoming the next Greece.

The Politicians have all got there heads in the sand and will not tell the electorate how they plan to cut the national debt through taxation.

I would have more respect for any of the parties if they came out and said what they were going to do.

I expect Unemployment to be 4 million by the end of the year (real figure much more but its how they 'count' these days that mae that figure up)

I can see inflation rising as well. Sorry to sound all doom and gloom but I'm certain this is going to be a 'double dip' depression as you can only print so much money (Quantative Easing) before you have to stop. When QE stops the brown stuffs going to hit the fan. sad.gif

This is why VAT is pretty certainly going to 20% after election, and why the exemption for food is also being discussed ie to lose it's exemption.

And UK taxpayers also have to pay for new scroungers:

"BENEFIT payments to eastern Europeans will soar next year when new rules allow them to start claiming after just three months in Britain, it emerged yesterday sad.gif

+Quote Post
Good Boy Racer
post Mar 8 2010, 12:21 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 22

I would advise you all to put your money in Gold and Silver... you'll make a fortune. Paper money will soon be unvaluable.

--------------------
"Quick, Hide something that looks like fun!"

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Mar 8 2010, 12:28 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (gel @ Mar 8 2010, 11:49 AM) *
And UK taxpayers also have to pay for new scroungers:

"BENEFIT payments to eastern Europeans will soar next year when new rules allow them to start claiming after just three months in Britain, it emerged yesterday sad.gif

Please, please tell me that this is not so. sad.gif

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Me-again
post Mar 8 2010, 01:09 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 68

This is the cost of being part of the EU.

+Quote Post
Me-again
post Mar 8 2010, 01:15 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 68

http://www.ukip.org/media/pdf/UKIPbooklet2009.pdf

and wait for the abuse to start....... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Andy
post Mar 8 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26

Got any facts or are you an economics expert? I suspect not and that this is just a useless uninformed rant as you didn't even know QE's already stopped

--------------------

+Quote Post
gel
post Mar 8 2010, 04:19 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 337

QUOTE (Andy @ Mar 8 2010, 02:23 PM) *
Got any facts or are you an economics expert? I suspect not and that this is just a useless uninformed rant as you didn't even know QE's already stopped

Whether or not B o E have stopped printing more monopoly money, fact remains that
Brown's lot is spending approx £500m a day more than it receives in tax.

Any housewife (excuse me ladies) would know this can only lead one way. blink.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 8 2010, 04:33 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Andy @ Mar 8 2010, 02:23 PM) *

And the title of this category of forum is.. wait for it.....

RANDOM RANTS!

laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Mar 16 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

Did anyone notice the irony of the Tories leaping on the leak to come out of the European Commission criticising Labour's plans for the economy as justification for their policy of more stringent cuts?

It seems that when it suits them, "Europe" is fine, never mind their usual anti stance, and Haig's obsession with the Euro.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Mar 16 2010, 08:14 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (JeffG @ Mar 16 2010, 07:44 PM) *
Did anyone notice the irony of the Tories leaping on the leak to come out of the European Commission criticising Labour's plans for the economy as justification for their policy of more stringent cuts? It seems that when it suits them, "Europe" is fine, never mind their usual anti stance, and Haig's obsession with the Euro.

The Tories using the European Commission's comments criticising Labour's plans for the economy, is not an endorsement of the EU by any means.

+Quote Post
user23
post Mar 17 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

Unemployment was down in the latest figures issued today.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Mar 17 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (user23 @ Mar 17 2010, 09:57 PM) *
Unemployment was down in the latest figures issued today.

Before we swing from the rafters; if we look under bonnet we see...

Total unemployment between Oct '09 to Dec '09 = 2,450,000 (down 33,000 on the previous 3 months)

Long-term unemployment (out of work for more than a year) up 61,000 to 687,000.

People claiming Jobseeker's Allowance down 32,300 (down to 1.59 million in February).

54,000 fewer people in work - full-time jobs particularly hard hit.

Number of economically inactive people up 149,000

Number of students up 98,000 - Jobless young people are turning to study to avoid the dole.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8571625.stm

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Mar 18 2010, 01:51 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Mar 8 2010, 12:28 PM) *
Please, please tell me that this is not so. sad.gif

Look on the bright side - when you lose your job and have to go on benefits you can do so in the south of France.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Mar 18 2010, 08:53 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (blackdog @ Mar 18 2010, 01:51 AM) *
Look on the bright side - when you lose your job and have to go on benefits you can do so in the south of France.

Have you seen the exchange rate for the £ against the Euro. blink.gif

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:29 AM