Biker1
post Nov 25 2013, 10:26 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 103

QUOTE (newres @ Nov 25 2013, 11:26 PM) *
And calling people "knobheads" is intelligent? Dork. laugh.gif

How else would you describe someone who rode at night with no lights wearing dark clothing? tongue.gif rolleyes.gif
OK -"Rather Silly People!" tongue.gif
"Dork" - A name given to a person who is rather irritated by people riding bicycles in a silly and dangerous fashion by a person who thinks it's OK. tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Berkshirelad
post Nov 26 2013, 11:18 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

QUOTE (spartacus @ Nov 25 2013, 06:50 PM) *
How many old folk did you see weaving in and out of the crowds while sat on their souped up mobility scooters? Those things don't even come with a regulation bell..... They should be banned from the pedestrian area before someone is seriously hurt and ends up in a mobility scooter...

Joking aside, some of them can be pretty lethal if they clip your heels and the Class 3 mobility scooters can whip along at 8mph and weight a fair bit.. Meant to be limited to 4mph when on pavements, but the fag smoking sick lame and lazy beggers who sit on them aren't that bovvered....

Class 3 can only be used on the road and must display a VRN and VED disc.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Nov 26 2013, 07:25 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

QUOTE (Berkshirelad @ Nov 26 2013, 11:18 AM) *
Class 3 can only be used on the road and must display a VRN and VED disc.

That's not quite true..... well in fact it's not true at all. Class 3 mobility scooters can be used on the footways AND on the roads

DVLA linky

Where they're used on the road they can go at their maximum permitted speed of 8mph. When they're used on the footway the disabled user is meant to press the control for 'footways' so that the motor is limited to 4mph max speed. But the sick, lame and lazy will often ignore that bit and use their electric chairs to whip around between pedestrians at top ankle snapping speed... They can be prosecuted for speeding if they ignore the 4mph rule (Highway Code Rule 39 - contrary to Regulation 4 of The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988), but how often do you think that has happened in the past 25 years.... only if there's a blue moon I imagine.....

Rather scarily they can also be used on dual carriageways.... as long as they have a flashing amber light when they do so. Can you imagine coming across a Class 3 mobility scooter flashing along at 8mph on a dual carriageway where other traffic is travelling at 70mph+?

Class 3 scooter:

There's something 'Charles Bronson' about anyone using a Class 3 scooter on a busy dual carriageway....

’Death Wish’ springs to mind... But it's not illegal and as they'll be registered with DVLA they'll in a sense have more right to use the road than a cyclist.......

(Every day's a school day.... wink.gif .)

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Nov 27 2013, 07:18 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (spartacus @ Nov 26 2013, 09:25 PM) *
But it's not illegal and as they'll be registered with DVLA they'll in a sense have more right to use the road than a cyclist.......

Not allowed on trains though it would appear.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Nov 27 2013, 11:04 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

FGW have now gone up in my estimation! Now let's do the same for bikes.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Nov 27 2013, 11:45 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (On the edge @ Nov 27 2013, 11:04 AM) *
FGW have now gone up in my estimation! Now let's do the same for bikes.

I don't see a measure that puts people off using bikes without there being a clear health and safety issue as a good one.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Nov 27 2013, 11:49 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Nov 27 2013, 11:45 AM) *
I don't see measures that put people off using bikes without there being a clear health and safety issue as a good one.

I doubt OTE does either, but I have a feeling he's more pugnacious than normal this morning.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Nov 27 2013, 11:59 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Nov 27 2013, 11:49 AM) *
I doubt OTE does either, but I have a feeling he's more pugnacious than normal this morning.

tongue.gif

...you noticed!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Nov 27 2013, 01:26 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

Bad Hair Day?...BHD OTE?
Perhaps not cool.gif
ce

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Nov 27 2013, 05:20 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Nothing Much @ Nov 27 2013, 01:26 PM) *
Bad Hair Day?...BHD OTE?
Perhaps not cool.gif
ce

It would be an ideal day for my local Councillor to turn up and try to secure my vote.... laugh.gif

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Brewmaster
post Nov 27 2013, 06:21 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 201

QUOTE (motormad @ Nov 21 2013, 01:30 PM) *

This is brilliant. I wonder if a similar thing has been produced featuring motor cyclists.

+Quote Post
HJD
post Nov 28 2013, 09:49 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 322

QUOTE (Brewmaster @ Nov 27 2013, 06:21 PM) *
This is brilliant. I wonder if a similar thing has been produced featuring motor cyclists.

No not yet, we are still waiting for the one that was promised from you about 4 years ago !!! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
betty swollocks
post Dec 24 2013, 08:53 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 7,681

QUOTE (spartacus @ Nov 26 2013, 08:25 PM) *
That's not quite true..... well in fact it's not true at all. Class 3 mobility scooters can be used on the footways AND on the roads

DVLA linky

Where they're used on the road they can go at their maximum permitted speed of 8mph. When they're used on the footway the disabled user is meant to press the control for 'footways' so that the motor is limited to 4mph max speed. But the sick, lame and lazy will often ignore that bit and use their electric chairs to whip around between pedestrians at top ankle snapping speed... They can be prosecuted for speeding if they ignore the 4mph rule (Highway Code Rule 39 - contrary to Regulation 4 of The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988), but how often do you think that has happened in the past 25 years.... only if there's a blue moon I imagine.....

Rather scarily they can also be used on dual carriageways.... as long as they have a flashing amber light when they do so. Can you imagine coming across a Class 3 mobility scooter flashing along at 8mph on a dual carriageway where other traffic is travelling at 70mph+?

Class 3 scooter:

There's something 'Charles Bronson' about anyone using a Class 3 scooter on a busy dual carriageway....

’Death Wish’ springs to mind... But it's not illegal and as they'll be registered with DVLA they'll in a sense have more right to use the road than a cyclist.......

(Every day's a school day.... wink.gif .)

So, how does being registered with the DVLA confer on someone a greater right to use a road?

+Quote Post
motormad
post Dec 24 2013, 09:28 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 592

It doesn't.
Bloody mobility scooters are the bane of my existance. Always some dippy old biddy who comes LITERALLY flying STRAIGHT out of a shopping center across a busy main road without looking or slowing down or in actual fact any sort of observations at all.

--------------------
:p
Grammar: the difference between knowing your poop and knowing you're poop.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:58 AM