IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sainsburys enforcing car parking bay rules.
Guest_Bill1_*
post Aug 6 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #1

Guests

Yay!

At last!

Fine the arrogant swine who think they can park in disabled/child bays because they are too important to follow the instructions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 6 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Aug 6 2009, 02:38 PM) *
Yay!

At last!

Fine the arrogant swine who think they can park in disabled/child bays because they are too important to follow the instructions.

Question; why do they model the uniforms of traffic wardens on camp commando style clothes? Every time I go past one of them I want to salute.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 6 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 6 2009, 03:38 PM) *
Question; why do they model the uniforms of traffic wardens on camp commando style clothes? Every time I go past one of them I want to salute.

You've just answered your own question.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 6 2009, 02:49 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Aug 6 2009, 03:43 PM) *
You've just answered your own question.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 6 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 6 2009, 03:49 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

wink.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Aug 6 2009, 03:50 PM
Post #6

Guests

I don't care what they wear as long as they stop ignorant pillocks taking spaces that are reserved for those who most need them.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Aug 6 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

Define a "child" - I have 2 they are 19 and 21. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
scott
post Aug 6 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 151

another big "at last" from me, cant wait for tesco to follow suit!

+Quote Post
Andy
post Aug 6 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Aug 6 2009, 05:22 PM) *
Define a "child" - I have 2 they are 19 and 21. unsure.gif

If you can get them into a couple of child car seats and then into the seats on a double trolley, you'll possibly avoid the fine!!! laugh.gif

Oh and don't to ensure they say " Can I have one of those?" incessantly whilst shopping

--------------------

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Aug 6 2009, 06:07 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

You have just confirmed my point.

Legally have they the right to fine you?

What is the age trigger for the person with you not being a child?

+Quote Post
Andy
post Aug 6 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Aug 6 2009, 07:07 PM) *
You have just confirmed my point.

Legally have they the right to fine you?

What is the age trigger for the person with you not being a child?

I think they're classed as "Parent and Baby/Toddler" spaces, rather than child, which in answer to your question would be 18 when they officially become an adult

--------------------

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Aug 6 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

Unfortunately, I think common sense raises its ugly head again here. The extra-wide spaces are there to allow parents access to the back seats to remove/insert toddlers that can't get in or out on their own. If they're old enough to do that, the car shouldn't be in the reserved spaces.

Test case anyone? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 6 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Aug 6 2009, 04:50 PM) *
I don't care what they wear as long as they stop ignorant pillocks taking spaces that are reserved for those who most need them.

I refer to all 'pillocks' out there, not just the one Billy has mentioned.

We’ve got to look at this philosophically. Those wrong doers create hours of input up and down the country. We’d be having a life if it wasn’t for them... and on top of that; without them we’d be in a sterile, near perfect environment. Do we real want that? Do we really want a society where we don’t moan? News would be redundant – virtually. Shouldn't we be taking a leave out of the Muslims book and be praying 5 times a day to the wrong doers; the people we spend so much time moaning about. On top of that think of them playing their part in the economy; insurances, extra people having to be employed, comedians writing new material of the back of them. TV channel’s on full alert and waiting breathlessly for another misdemeanour. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 6 2009, 08:31 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Aug 6 2009, 02:38 PM) *
Yay!

At last!

What happened?

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Aug 7 2009, 07:31 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 205

QUOTE (Strafin @ Aug 6 2009, 09:31 PM) *
What happened?

Yeh, I want to know if someone has actually been fined as well.

I was at Sainsbury's on Wednesday afternoon with my 3yr old son and parked in the disbled space next to me was a car without a disabled badge and opposite me, again in the disabled space, was onther car without a disabled badge! Who exactly is supposed to be giving out the fines cos I looked round and all I could see was a Sainsury's security guard minding his own business?!? mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Aug 7 2009, 09:37 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy @ Aug 6 2009, 07:37 PM) *
I think they're classed as "Parent and Baby/Toddler" spaces, rather than child, which in answer to your question would be 18 when they officially become an adult

Dammit!!

That means I have to park in a "normal" space and get my doors dented by ignorant morons. angry.gif

But again I ask - How do you prove that the young person with you is not a "child"?
What is the trigger - legally??

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 7 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Surely it's based on the need to push the kid in a chair.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Aug 7 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Aug 7 2009, 10:41 AM) *
Surely it's based on the need to push the kid in a chair.

So if Sainsburys or their car parks agents can prove the child can walk you're done??

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 7 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Aug 7 2009, 10:46 AM) *
So if Sainsburys or their car parks agents can prove the child can walk you're done??

The need to push the kid in a chair happens when they first find their feet, but can't keep up, so they go in the buggy. It seems simple to me, the spaces are created to enable people to get wheelchairs, buggies, etc, out of the car. In my view, if you don't need a chair to take your kid shopping, then you shouldn't be using the spaces.

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Aug 7 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 205

QUOTE (Iommi @ Aug 7 2009, 01:28 PM) *
The need to push the kid in a chair happens when they first find their feet, but can't keep up, so they go in the buggy. It seems simple to me, the spaces are created to enable people to get wheelchairs, buggies, etc, out of the car. In my view, if you don't need a chair to take your kid shopping, then you shouldn't be using the spaces.

My Dearest Iommi, it appears that either you have no young children or it was a long time a go since you had young children as you are missing one very large point. It is very difficult to get a weeks shopping in a pushchair containing a child so, therefore, you need a trolley. However it is very difficult to push a trolley and a pushchair at the same time so the clever Supermarket people came up with the idea of including child seats within a trolley thus eliminating the need for both trolley and pushchair. We parents of youngish children have learnt that a trip to the supermarket is far less stressfull if we can manage to sqeeze our irritable, irritating, wingeing loved ones into the seat in the trolley and we keep them in said seat for as long as possible hoping that they will not be able to undo the belt holding them there. Therefore, it is much more manageable if we can park our shopping trolley right next to the car and decamp wingeing loved ones straight from the trolley into the car. Parents need wider spaces for as long as possible. wink.gif tongue.gif

If only they would make the seats in trolleys large enough for our bigger, irritable, irritating, wingeing loved ones! laugh.gif

On another note I have searched and searched and it seems that there is no actual written law regarding the age of the 'child' in Parent and Child Parking spaces. However, as Sainsbury's car park in Newbury is privately owned and run they are entitled to make up there own rules and regulations regarding this issue but it does seem that these rules can be rather ambiguous in their interpretation. They do, however, have to (in order to strengthen their case in any potential litigation) follow certain procedures for signage etc.

Might be worth Biker1 trying with his 19yr old and 21yr old so that by using his case as case law we can have this problem sorted once and for all!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:31 AM