Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Real Cider
Iommi
post Jul 7 2010, 03:39 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

Can anyone recommend any local cider outlet. I went to the local supermarket but there was little in the way of choice of still Cider. I prefer medium sweet, but, dry over sweet. I rather have unsweetened, if that is the correct way to put it.

I am no-way an expert, but I did enjoy the cider at the Thatcham Beer festival a while back, but I would like to be able to go and buy a box, or flagon (or whatever container) from a local out-let if possible, for the fridge (for these warm muggy nights).

BTW - this is the big problem with the demise of the Off-licence, is that supermarkets tend to stock popular, over range.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gizmo
post Jul 7 2010, 03:47 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 200

You could try one of the following all are local Cider producers and have lists on their sites of local outlets.

http://www.lambournvalleycider.co.uk/

http://www.ciderniks.com/

http://www.tuttsclumpcider.co.uk/

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 7 2010, 04:56 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Thanks for that. I notice one brewer...0.5L, 10L or 22.7L!!! blink.gif Bit of a ramp-up there! 3L would be good...save on the red nose! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Brewmaster
post Jul 7 2010, 05:23 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 201

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 7 2010, 05:56 PM) *
Thanks for that. I notice one brewer...0.5L, 10L or 22.7L!!! blink.gif Bit of a ramp-up there! 3L would be good...save on the red nose! tongue.gif

Those quantities are really designed for pubs, although the 3 litre size is convenient for the home. The producers also sell in bottles - 500 ml and 750 ml. If you contact them they will tell you of the outlets.

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Jul 7 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 966

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 7 2010, 04:39 PM) *
Can anyone recommend any local cider outlet. I went to the local supermarket but there was little in the way of choice of still Cider. I prefer medium sweet, but, dry over sweet. I rather have unsweetened, if that is the correct way to put it.

I am no-way an expert, but I did enjoy the cider at the Thatcham Beer festival a while back, but I would like to be able to go and buy a box, or flagon (or whatever container) from a local out-let if possible, for the fridge (for these warm muggy nights).

BTW - this is the big problem with the demise of the Off-licence, is that supermarkets tend to stock popular, over range.

I don't have any recommendations regarding outlets, but I drink Koppergerg cider which is lovely. Maybe too sweet for you though?

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 7 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Thanks Brewmaster and Rosewinelover (interesting aliases tongue.gif ) . Although when the time is right, I'll drink most medium/dry dry cider, even the 'fake commercial' ones, but I like still cider best. I understand that 'commercial' cider is very sugary! sad.gif

+Quote Post
Good Boy Racer
post Jul 8 2010, 08:30 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 22

Get some 'Black Rat' in ya!

That's by far the best cider i have ever had!

--------------------
"Quick, Hide something that looks like fun!"

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jul 8 2010, 09:10 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Rosewinelover @ Jul 7 2010, 06:45 PM) *
I don't have any recommendations regarding outlets, but I drink Koppergerg cider which is lovely. Maybe too sweet for you though?

If you like Koppaberg, you should take a trip to Ikea.

+Quote Post
Guest_NWNREADER_*
post Jul 8 2010, 09:36 AM
Post #9

Guests

Maybe of interest:-

Newbury RFC Beer & Cider Festival

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:36 PM