IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ken Livingstone & pet projects, No newts were involved.
Nothing Much
post Sep 29 2012, 01:51 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,171

Prompted by a Telegraph article about about a gent who narrowly missed being sent to join the Martian explorer.

On The Edge asked for pet projects. It does seem quite a lot of posters know London .
(On the Edge might even know of Keith Tozzi.)

Mostly it was EU funds.

Firstly Congestion charging is a nuisance for me. But I have a bus pass (for a bit).

Then he hit the Strand with a central barrier, so when you came out of the Savoy to get to the Ivy
one had to climb over a 4ft hurdle. Not easy in a little black number! That caused massive tailbacks to Tower Hill!

They have mostly been removed because of silly accidents in my area.. Arsenal fans bigging by jumping and falling over.

Trafalgar Sq was a massive hold up for years but it does seem better. To be fair.

What sparked fury was an Attenborough. Who wrote a strongly worded letter to No 10 after he had been held up
At Vauxhall Cross. South of the bridge. On his way to an important lunch (I expect). Utilities were blamed.
Project was TFL based.
ce

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Sep 29 2012, 03:51 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 98

Very interesting. Don't necessarily agree with all his politics, but have to hand him a bonus point for his tactics! One thing I've always found fascinating is the influence of the shadowy political fringe players. We often don't know who they are or indeed the influence they have. My old dad always thought Ken was the reincarnation of Lloyd-George - given the revelations about his private life, suspect he might be right.

--------------------
Know your place!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:23 AM