Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Abandoned "happy birthday" sheets and other junk
GrumblingAgain
post Oct 8 2010, 03:55 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Why do people feel the need to put up some kind of advertisment for an event, a birthday, an anniversary etc but then conveniently fail to remove it afterwards, obviously expecting someone else to go along and "clean up" for them?

I am referring to those huge white sheets that get strung up on some fence or lamppost in the middle of the night. They will have "Happy 18th Beth" or "Good Luck John" or some other celebratory message scribbled on them ready for the unsuspecting victim to spot as they drive/walk along that road the following morning.

Fine.

But please have the manners/decency to go along and remove said sheet a day or two afterwards - don't leave it to get ripped to shreds by the wind or rotted by the rain. At least clear up after yourselves you lazy bone-idle chavvy gits.

There's one tied to the Lakeside Bowling Alley fence right opposite Robertsfield. It went up 4 weeks ago. It is still there. The writing has washed off now and one side has now fallen away from the fence. What I can't understand is the people who put it up almost certainly must see it every single day as they go past, yet can't muster sufficient brain-cell activity to say "ohh yeah I put that up, I had better go remove it now and put it away in a bin". No - they just leave it so some other sod or the council has to clear it up. What utter selfish, filthy, ignorant pigs they must be.

Also, while I am in a rant mood tongue.gif Waitrose car park, Thatcham, someone involved in this year's Newbury Beer festival attached a flyer advertising the beer festival to a lamp post - any chance the same person could go and remove and dispose of it, or again is that down to others to clear up after you?

Rant over smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 8 2010, 04:15 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

Configure your Member Profile GrumblingAgain.. We need to know your birthday so we can erect some appropriate sheet like signage to celebrate it for you. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 8 2010, 04:16 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (GrumblingAgain @ Oct 8 2010, 04:55 PM) *
Why do people feel the need to put up some kind of advertisment for an event, a birthday, an anniversary etc but then conveniently fail to remove it afterwards, obviously expecting someone else to go along and "clean up" for them?

I am referring to those huge white sheets that get strung up on some fence or lamppost in the middle of the night. They will have "Happy 18th Beth" or "Good Luck John" or some other celebratory message scribbled on them ready for the unsuspecting victim to spot as they drive/walk along that road the following morning.

Fine.

But please have the manners/decency to go along and remove said sheet a day or two afterwards - don't leave it to get ripped to shreds by the wind or rotted by the rain. At least clear up after yourselves you lazy bone-idle chavvy gits.

There's one tied to the Lakeside Bowling Alley fence right opposite Robertsfield. It went up 4 weeks ago. It is still there. The writing has washed off now and one side has now fallen away from the fence. What I can't understand is the people who put it up almost certainly must see it every single day as they go past, yet can't muster sufficient brain-cell activity to say "ohh yeah I put that up, I had better go remove it now and put it away in a bin". No - they just leave it so some other sod or the council has to clear it up. What utter selfish, filthy, ignorant pigs they must be.

Also, while I am in a rant mood tongue.gif Waitrose car park, Thatcham, someone involved in this year's Newbury Beer festival attached a flyer advertising the beer festival to a lamp post - any chance the same person could go and remove and dispose of it, or again is that down to others to clear up after you?

Rant over smile.gif

I would imagine, going by your post/ rant, that it doesn't happen to you... and if it did they will hear about it laugh.gif

+Quote Post
GrumblingAgain
post Oct 8 2010, 05:34 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 8 2010, 05:15 PM) *
Configure your Member Profile GrumblingAgain.. We need to know your birthday so we can erect some appropriate sheet like signage to celebrate it for you. laugh.gif

smile.gif hee hee yes, as long as you remove said sheet a couple of days later and not leave it to others like street cleaners or the council to clear up wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 8 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GrumblingAgain @ Oct 8 2010, 06:34 PM) *
smile.gif hee hee yes, as long as you remove said sheet a couple of days later and not leave it to others like street cleaners or the council to clear up wink.gif

If people were so clean and tidy as you wish then a lot of workers will be out of work.

+Quote Post
GrumblingAgain
post Oct 8 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 8 2010, 07:39 PM) *
If people were so clean and tidy as you wish then a lot of workers will be out of work.

Are you seriously saying we should leave abandoned sheets tied to railings etc ie live in a *****ing mess just to keep some street cleaners in business? This from the cyclist who moans like crazy because apparently our expensive cycle paths are absolutely covered in rubbish, broken glass thus making them incredibly dangerous!

Where do you live, I can't be bothered taking my rubbish to the dump, maybe your garden will be a useful depository so that our cleaners can remain in a job?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 8 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GrumblingAgain @ Oct 8 2010, 08:47 PM) *
Are you seriously saying we should leave abandoned sheets tied to railings etc ie live in a *****ing mess just to keep some street cleaners in business? This from the cyclist who moans like crazy because apparently our expensive cycle paths are absolutely covered in rubbish, broken glass thus making them incredibly dangerous!

Where do you live, I can't be bothered taking my rubbish to the dump, maybe your garden will be a useful depository so that our cleaners can remain in a job?

It is nice to see you've got a sense of humour. I wouldn't like to think you took what i said seriously. However, I am now living at WBC main offices so please feel free to drop your rubbish off at my front door. tongue.gif wink.gif

As for cycle paths; spot on.... of course... it is disgusting... and dangerous... sheets are just annoying.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Oct 9 2010, 10:48 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

It shouldn't be too hard to track down the culprits & make them clean up. After all they have advertised a name, age, rough DOB & almost an address.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 9 2010, 12:57 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Oct 9 2010, 11:48 AM) *
It shouldn't be too hard to track down the culprits & make them clean up. After all they have advertised a name, age, rough DOB & almost an address.

But that is still not proof enough in a court of law. And if the police did put all their resources towards finding the culprits then questions will be asked. Like how come they can find time, money and resources to track down 'happy people' when they struggle dealing with anti social thugs. I suppose the answer is good people are easy targets while nasty people baffle and confuse them and takes away their kip time in the police car. tongue.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Oct 9 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 9 2010, 01:57 PM) *
But that is still not proof enough in a court of law. And if the police did put all their resources towards finding the culprits then questions will be asked. Like how come they can find time, money and resources to track down 'happy people' when they struggle dealing with anti social thugs. I suppose the answer is good people are easy targets while nasty people baffle and confuse them and takes away their kip time in the police car. tongue.gif wink.gif

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

I would have though leaving manky bed sheets flapping in the wind for weeks would have had you demanding an ASBO.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 9 2010, 03:02 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Oct 9 2010, 02:01 PM) *
ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

I would have though leaving manky bed sheets flapping in the wind for weeks would have had you demanding an ASBO.

Not really; things like that don't bother me, what does bother me is when one/ or a group of people hurt or abuse others. Flapping sheets do no harm to anybody.

+Quote Post
GrumblingAgain
post Oct 9 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 8 2010, 08:58 PM) *
It is nice to see you've got a sense of humour. I wouldn't like to think you took what i said seriously. However, I am now living at WBC main offices so please feel free to drop your rubbish off at my front door. tongue.gif wink.gif

As for cycle paths; spot on.... of course... it is disgusting... and dangerous... sheets are just annoying.

I wasn't totally sure wink.gif But watch out if you're cycling and an abandoned sheet finally breaks free in the wind and wraps it around you as you cycle on the main road, diligently avoiding the unsafe cycle path. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
GrumblingAgain
post Oct 9 2010, 03:47 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Oct 9 2010, 11:48 AM) *

Except the rain usually spoils that by washing off the writing. I'd just rather that them who put them up go along a couple of days later and removes them.

+Quote Post
DrPepper
post Oct 9 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 776

Hate these signs when they are not taken down - just shows a total lack of respect/common sense/decency. Just as bad are the "sale in town hall" or "fare today" signs that are up for weeks after the event - if you have the time to put them you surely have the time to take the bleedin' things down again.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Oct 9 2010, 04:01 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Xmas Tree signs in February must really get the blood boiling!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 9 2010, 04:15 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GrumblingAgain @ Oct 9 2010, 04:45 PM) *
I wasn't totally sure wink.gif But watch out if you're cycling and an abandoned sheet finally breaks free in the wind and wraps it around you as you cycle on the main road, diligently avoiding the unsafe cycle path. tongue.gif

It won't be the first time, and I doubt it will be the last. wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 9 2010, 04:16 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GrumblingAgain @ Oct 9 2010, 04:47 PM) *
Except the rain usually spoils that by washing off the writing. I'd just rather that them who put them up go along a couple of days later and removes them.

If we all got what we wished for then this would be a perfect world.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Oct 9 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

I still see signs that tell me to "Vote for Change - Vote Conservative" tongue.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 9 2010, 06:59 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Oct 9 2010, 05:34 PM) *
I still see signs that tell me to "Vote for Change - Vote Conservative" tongue.gif

I see signs that say 'Robert Peel will make a great PM.' That maybe true but I wonder what he thinks of our police force?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:09 PM