Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Speaker of the House of Commons
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 22 2009, 08:24 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

So the fiddlers at the House of Crime are going to elect themselves a new 'Speaker' and it appears that a certain Margaret Beckett is the favourite.

Could this be anything to do with her appearance on Question Time a few weeks back when she stated that the British Public 'did not understand about expenses' and that we were pretty much idiots?

Please don't let this terrible woman become Speaker (and I am not affilitated to any Party) angry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 22 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 22 2009, 09:24 AM) *
So the fiddlers at the House of Crime are going to elect themselves a new 'Speaker' and it appears that a certain Margaret Beckett is the favourite.

Could this be anything to do with her appearance on Question Time a few weeks back when she stated that the British Public 'did not understand about expenses' and that we were pretty much idiots?

Please don't let this terrible woman become Speaker (and I am not affilitated to any Party) angry.gif

I agree.... the speaker should be impartial... she is not, and she is not the right person for the job. She is a Labour mouth piece.

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Jun 27 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 164

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 22 2009, 08:24 AM) *

Well at least your wish was granted in one respect,but nothing will change so as one "idiot" to another HELP !!!

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
Thanksto
post Jun 30 2009, 02:58 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 170

It's all too easy to be critical but don't ignore the good politicians. Richard Benyon (MP for Newbury), was recently listed as one of the Telegraph's 'saints' with regards to his expenses claims.

I'm working on a website at the moment called ThanksTo.com, specifically for thanking the people who influence our lives in a positive way. It encourages people to say the big and the little thank yous.

We're running a nonpartisan campaign to encourage as many people as possible to thank the decent politicians who haven't been involved in the expenses scandal. We want to spread the good news for a change and really champion the honest people in our communities. If you agree with this, it would be great if you could leave a message on the site.

Thank you

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:30 PM