IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thames Water Leak 0800 line, An absolute disgace & German coy to boot!!
gel
post Mar 29 2012, 07:56 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 337

Around 18.30 today I spent 15 minutes on Thames Water Leak line; they should rename as
the "wait line" blink.gif

Most would have hung up far quicker and soon got wound up with recorded dribble eg
experiencing very heavy level of calls/ we appreciate .... sad.gif
I eventually gave up wink.gif

With impending drastic measures to curtail water usage, Thames set an awfully complacement attitude.

There's a location near Beedon Poultry Farm which was pumping huge quantities of 02 onto tarmac when I passed last Tuesday; as it had blue marks on some adjacent grass,
I assumed had been flagged,
& would soon be fixed.
Silly me, tonight (Thursday) still pumping out hundreds/thousands of gallons a day, all
going down drain on other side of road.

It would have been difficult to report as is an unamed road, and Thames like
road name & post code preferably.

Dog did enjoy paddling in it and drinking some unsure.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_jaycakes_*
post Mar 30 2012, 12:12 AM
Post #2

Guests

Yeah... sounds about right.
It's a hosepipe ban on Monday.
I will be using all of the water in great englandland with the help of a big, noisy Jetwash on Saturday to clean my car, patio, driveway, house and use to shower as well.

Although a need to correct you, in your original post you mention 02. That would be nothing. o2 is either a phone company (who I am with, not overly impressed I must admit) or oxygen, you need hydrogen to make it into H20 which is good old glug glug juice.
Although I am no Brian Cox, I'm unable to talk about the billions and billions of carbon atoms.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Mar 30 2012, 10:41 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

Probably a simple mistake to make after the consumption of too much C2H5OH smile.gif

On topic, I had a similar experience with Thames Water recently when my water went off without warning. Although it's advertised as a "Leak Line" there appears to be no other number to call.

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Mar 30 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

I am furiously weeding patio areas. I have been getting rid of moss off little garden walls.
So I will be out there annoying the French neighbours who hold noisy parties, and agree to turn off the sound
by 12.30.PM . There is then 45 minutes of even more noise as they chat, smoke Gitanes and wait for taxis.
Don't they read signs in pubs that read "Please respect our neighbours when leaving"?

My trusty Karcher will be active a lot earlier than that.
So I'll be out there. Wasting water. As for being a German company. Well they did know how to make cans that didn't leak.

Speaking of which. Does the leak line take calls from folk "I am just going round the corner for a leak...I may be some time."

"I am just going round the corner for a leek. Nice soup coming up dear. Soon there will be a "leak" Tzar.
Oh! But we have one waiting to be put on a mysterious grey jet to Langley.

One of the troubles of curing leaks in Victorian areas by replacement pipe is that there is disruption to traffic.
The huge leaks of recent years in London caused government pressure on water companies to fix the problem.
OK the pipes got fixed. "Traffic congestion" screams Tony Blair... "I'll fix it".
Tax on road use per day for utilities. Well which sucker expects the bill not to be part of your next water bill?

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Mar 30 2012, 12:27 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

Glad to see Jaycakes that Kennet gave you a good grounding in the facts of life.
A mobile is not the same as a glass of water.
ce

+Quote Post
Guest_jaycakes_*
post Mar 30 2012, 03:57 PM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (Nothing Much @ Mar 30 2012, 01:27 PM) *
Glad to see Jaycakes that Kennet gave you a good grounding in the facts of life.
A mobile is not the same as a glass of water.
ce

To be honest I get more help from water when it comes to my mobile plan. huh.gif

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Mar 30 2012, 10:03 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

Ve Haff vays of making you thirsty, Yes ?

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:50 AM