Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bodies found at Newbury home named
Iommi
post Nov 3 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

I understand, according to the TV, that Mr Milner (maybe slightly eccentric, but frequent and eloquent writer to the NWN) and wife were the people found dead and it is believed they both committed suicide.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Bloggo
post Nov 4 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 3 2009, 06:58 PM) *
I understand, according to the TV, that Mr Millner (maybe slightly eccentric, but frequent and eloquent writer to the NWN) and wife were the people found dead and it is beleived they both committed suicide.

I knew Dennis Milner some years ago and always to found him to be honest and forthright with his opinions which I have to say were not always mine. However he stood his corner and always fought for what he thought was right.
He was one of Newbury's characters and and he will be missed by many.
How typical of him to leave us in this way with one finger up to the establishment.
Good on yer mate.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Nov 6 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

I picked up a copy of the NWN today, and the text missed from their letter (quoted in full here) completely turns what they actually said on its head.

It's inexcusable, and I hope the NWN publishes an apology and the full text in next week's paper for those who don't read the web version.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 6 2009, 01:02 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

Yes, this actually lead to my having to admit to my wife that I was wrong, quite a stressful moment I tell you.

She announced that Mr and Mrs Milner denounced Darwin, etc. I refuted that, only for her to read from the paper. I nearly punched her lights out, if it wasn't for the shame I felt at being wrong to her.

Anyway, yes, it seems after all that I was right...I can't wait to get home and ram the truth home to her! tongue.gif

For the record...

"We wish to categorically state our complete disbelief in any and all gods and religions and firmly state our belief in the scientific theory of the universe and Darwin's theory of human evolution. Notwithstanding that we enjoy to the full the atmosphere and the music which reverberates from our great cathedrals with their magnificent and mighty organs."

They must be turning in their grave at the massive mis-print in the paper. angry.gif

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Nov 6 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

The "Notwithstanding" might have been a clue that something wasn't quite right with the printed version. For those who haven't seen the paper, they missed out the words "in any ... belief", so that it read "disbelief in the scientific theory...".

+Quote Post
regor
post Nov 6 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 236

I trust the apology and corrected text will be given equal prominence to the original error.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:15 AM