IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

47 Pages V  « < 39 40 41 42 43 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Halal, why should we put up with this?, If fox hunting with dogs is outlawed, why not Halal?
x2lls
post Oct 7 2018, 07:15 PM
Post #801

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 511

BREAKING NEWS!

Far Right racist islamaphobic (Not anti-antisemitism though tongue.gif ) UKIP Candidate campaigns for the banning of halal and kosher slaughter.

https://kippercentral.com/2018/10/07/civili...tual-slaughter/

--------------------
There their, loose loser!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
newres
post Oct 7 2018, 09:12 PM
Post #802

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (x2lls @ Oct 7 2018, 08:15 PM) *
BREAKING NEWS!

Far Right racist islamaphobic (Not anti-antisemitism though tongue.gif ) UKIP Candidate campaigns for the banning of halal and kosher slaughter.

Shock horror. Far right are anti Semitic.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Oct 8 2018, 08:01 AM
Post #803

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (x2lls @ Oct 7 2018, 08:15 PM) *
BREAKING NEWS!

I agree with him.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Oct 8 2018, 08:11 AM
Post #804

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

Has this quote from Gandhi been posted here before?
Can't remember.
Anyway, here's a reminder...........
"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated."

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Oct 8 2018, 07:53 PM
Post #805

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Oct 8 2018, 09:11 AM) *
Has this quote from Gandhi been posted here before?
Can't remember.
Anyway, here's a reminder...........
"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated."

That does not bode well for UK plc then. There is an element, (and quite a large one), that considers it ok to trample over all and sundry so a defenceless animal has no chance. The pity is that the vast majority support a more compassionate approach to how food arrives on our plate but they do not speak as a single voice because whenever the matter gains momentum it hits the brick wall of religious bigotry.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Oct 8 2018, 11:21 PM
Post #806

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Oct 8 2018, 08:53 PM) *
That does not bode well for UK plc then. There is an element, (and quite a large one), that considers it ok to trample over all and sundry so a defenceless animal has no chance. The pity is that the vast majority support a more compassionate approach to how food arrives on our plate but they do not speak as a single voice because whenever the matter gains momentum it hits the brick wall of religious bigotry.

There’s nothing humane killing a healthy creature that doesn’t want to die.

+Quote Post
newres
post Oct 9 2018, 03:39 AM
Post #807

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Oct 9 2018, 12:21 AM) *

The hypocrisy is breathtaking isn’t it? Additionally I don’t ever recall anyone being upset by Kosher yet there’s this widespread condemnation of Halal. It’s just another symptom of Islamophobia.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 9 2018, 04:18 AM
Post #808

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ Oct 9 2018, 04:39 AM) *
The hypocrisy is breathtaking isn’t it? Additionally I don’t ever recall anyone being upset by Kosher yet there’s this widespread condemnation of Halal. It’s just another symptom of Islamophobia.

Yawn....

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Oct 9 2018, 07:32 AM
Post #809

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Oct 9 2018, 04:39 AM) *
I don’t ever recall anyone being upset by Kosher yet there’s this widespread condemnation of Halal. It’s just another symptom of Islamophobia.

At the grave risk of repeating repeating myself!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Oct 9 2018, 07:55 AM
Post #810

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

I am an ardent supporter of the campaign to ban all religious slaughter, including Kosher. Everyone I know is to be fair, even the racist ones at least pretend they are as well now!

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Oct 9 2018, 08:53 AM
Post #811

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Oct 9 2018, 08:55 AM) *
I am an ardent supporter of the campaign to ban all religious slaughter, including Kosher. Everyone I know is to be fair, even the racist ones at least pretend they are as well now!

Ouch, there goes another rib. unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Oct 10 2018, 09:30 AM
Post #812

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Oct 9 2018, 12:21 AM) *

That animal would not even have been born had it not been for the meat requirement. ALL life dies eventually, the only difference being we choose when that end comes for some. The whole point being that we respect that position and treat the animal with compassion before being harvested which should be quick and painless.
The last two requirements are not present in jewish and muslim abattoirs and this has absolutely nothing to do with racial prejudice.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Oct 10 2018, 01:52 PM
Post #813

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Oct 10 2018, 10:30 AM) *
The whole point being that we respect that position and treat the animal with compassion before being harvested which should be quick and painless.
The last two requirements are not present in jewish and muslim abattoirs and this has absolutely nothing to do with racial prejudice.

That's probably because it is done in the name of deluded religious fanaticism, nothing to do with race.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 10 2018, 05:11 PM
Post #814

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Oct 10 2018, 02:52 PM) *
That's probably because it is done in the name of deluded religious fanaticism, nothing to do with race.

Yes. Good old sky fairies. It pains me to think that in this enlightened age some still cling to some ancient fables about master beings. And then some people get right upset about any criticism of these stories.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Oct 10 2018, 06:33 PM
Post #815

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 10 2018, 06:11 PM) *
Yes. Good old sky fairies. It pains me to think that in this enlightened age some still cling to some ancient fables about master beings. And then some people get right upset about any criticism of these stories.

It is just staggering how high a percentage of the human race is so deluded. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Hatter
post Oct 10 2018, 08:24 PM
Post #816

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,046

QUOTE (x2lls @ Oct 10 2018, 07:33 PM) *
It is just staggering how high a percentage of the human race is so deluded. sad.gif

laugh.gif Everyone is out of step except me!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Oct 10 2018, 08:52 PM
Post #817

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Oct 10 2018, 10:30 AM) *
That animal would not even have been born had it not been for the meat requirement. ALL life dies eventually, the only difference being we choose when that end comes for some. The whole point being that we respect that position and treat the animal with compassion before being harvested which should be quick and painless.

For me your argument is the equivalent of believing Harold Shipman is a better bloke than Michael Ryan.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 10 2018, 10:03 PM
Post #818

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Oct 10 2018, 09:52 PM) *
For me your argument is the equivalent of believing Harold Shipman is a better bloke than Michael Ryan.

I disagree. The last time I checked human beings had both incisors and molars which made us.... Omnivores. This means we are meant to eat both veg and meat. If we do have to eat meat then the animal we are eating should be given a good a life as possible and then dispatched in the quickest and most pain free way. Until such time as meat can be produced from none sentient beings (that is not far away) then this is a necessary evil. When meat is produced from none sentient beings then I guess our future selves wil look upon us as murdering evil bstds. But then looking back is easy to criticise.

+Quote Post
The Hatter
post Oct 11 2018, 07:25 AM
Post #819

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,046

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 10 2018, 11:03 PM) *
I disagree. The last time I checked human beings had both incisors and molars which made us.... Omnivores. This means we are meant to eat both veg and meat. If we do have to eat meat then the animal we are eating should be given a good a life as possible and then dispatched in the quickest and most pain free way. Until such time as meat can be produced from none sentient beings (that is not far away) then this is a necessary evil. When meat is produced from none sentient beings then I guess our future selves wil look upon us as murdering evil bstds. But then looking back is easy to criticise.

Don't understand this at all. What is a non sentient being? Presumably plants, but who are we to say plants don't feel pain? Some people believe that fish don't feel pain, so we still have the barbaric sport of angling.

+Quote Post
newres
post Oct 11 2018, 07:55 AM
Post #820

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Oct 10 2018, 07:33 PM) *

It's staggering that it bothers you. I'm an atheist but I couldn't care less what someone else believes.

+Quote Post

47 Pages V  « < 39 40 41 42 43 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:09 AM