Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CoronaVirus, Nature will find a way
Carshot
post Mar 24 2020, 08:35 AM
Post #121

Group: Members
Member No.: 468

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 23 2020, 10:59 PM) *
Yep. Expect they all have it. Do you know if the Chemist is still open? People need prescriptions or they'll have more than Corona to worry about!

Text from the Surgery did not mention the Chemists
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 24 2020, 12:45 PM
Post #122

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Mar 24 2020, 12:33 AM) *
If you fancy spending half hour in a confined space with a dozen old people coughing and spluttering whilst talking about "her down the road who's no better than she ought to be, have you seen the state of her nets" then go ahead. Be my guest.

I wonder what (not so) bright spark thought it would be a good idea to concentrate the most vulnerable group in their supermarket between 08.00 and 9? This group cough and splutter even on a good day so maybe they should re-think the strategy when a more viable approach is quite simple.
Met a bloke coming out of Sainsbury's yesterday with a trolley so laden that I doubt you could have added a cheese slice so I, admittedly in jest, asked if he had left anything for me, and the reply was hardly edifying. Seems we are fighting this on two fronts: the virus itself and the stupid public. Least the virus has no particular agenda to hurt us other than it does.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 25 2020, 06:40 PM
Post #123

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 24 2020, 12:45 PM) *
I wonder what (not so) bright spark thought it would be a good idea to concentrate the most vulnerable group in their supermarket between 08.00 and 9? This group cough and splutter even on a good day so maybe they should re-think the strategy when a more viable approach is quite simple.
Met a bloke coming out of Sainsbury's yesterday with a trolley so laden that I doubt you could have added a cheese slice so I, admittedly in jest, asked if he had left anything for me, and the reply was hardly edifying. Seems we are fighting this on two fronts: the virus itself and the stupid public. Least the virus has no particular agenda to hurt us other than it does.

Is everyone Ok on the forum? Hope ALL of you remain healthy. 👍

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 26 2020, 08:54 AM
Post #124

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 25 2020, 06:40 PM) *
Is everyone Ok on the forum? Hope ALL of you remain healthy. 👍

I can only speak for myself but fine at the moment thank you. Most are heeding official advice and staying in the house if practical but still an element standing in groups, (builders and in supermarket(s)). Some appear to think it is some form of holiday so they are having bar-b-ques or driving into the countryside. I have offered the service of my 12 bore to HMG in order to change their attitude. You know, shoot a few to persuade the many sort of approach, but as yet they haven't got back to me.

Stay safe contributors and readers alike.

--------------------

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post Mar 26 2020, 08:32 PM
Post #125

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 26 2020, 08:54 AM) *
I can only speak for myself but fine at the moment thank you. Most are heeding official advice and staying in the house if practical but still an element standing in groups, (builders and in supermarket(s)). Some appear to think it is some form of holiday so they are having bar-b-ques or driving into the countryside. I have offered the service of my 12 bore to HMG in order to change their attitude. You know, shoot a few to persuade the many sort of approach, but as yet they haven't got back to me.

Stay safe contributors and readers alike.

It's interesting how "stay safe" has become the new "take care". Or in other words try your best to take steps to minimise your risk of illness/death.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 26 2020, 09:31 PM
Post #126

Advanced Member

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Mar 26 2020, 08:32 PM) *
It's interesting how "stay safe" has become the new "take care". Or in other words try your best to take steps to minimise your risk of illness/death.

Speaking of steps. Just wonder if those public spirited souls who think it a good idea to go for a stroll in the sun will wash their hands thoroughly after they remove their shoes having probably picked up the virus on the sole of their footwear? Not to mention carrying it to their neighbourhood. If we ALL adhered to the government directive we may just have reached the peak, but with a percentage of complete cretins thinking it's a wheeze, we are in for a long summer. angry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2020 - 09:51 PM