Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Their back..
Phil_D11102
post Mar 19 2019, 09:28 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 846

I don't really understand how anyone can think they can just roll up and camp out in Victoria Park.

I do understand that the travelers prefer a nomadic lifestyle, but there are set sites where travelers can go to. The amount of money that will be spent cleaning up, policing, etc should come from fines by clamping vehicles for parking and camping in locations that is not zoned for such activities.

Yes, all holy **** would break out if this happens, but no one is really doing anything to prevent this from happening.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Mar 19 2019, 03:35 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

They're just passing through, happens every spring and autumn, bit like swallows but with added attitude. Gone soon.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 19 2019, 06:54 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

Yet another example of diverse Britain. Let us embrace their lifestyle and use it as a role model for our children with the message that it is ok to take what you want irrespective of ownership, because the nice tax payer is always happy to foot the bill. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
DereckT
post Mar 19 2019, 07:40 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,536

They've gone now
Things are so bad in Newbury even travellers dont want to stay !

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Mar 19 2019, 08:17 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Yup, folded up their tents, loaded their camels and stole away under the cover of the velvet night. Leaving just their piles of crap and a torn up footie pitch behind. The eternal cycle of life.

+Quote Post
newres
post Mar 20 2019, 11:25 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 19 2019, 06:54 PM) *
Yet another example of diverse Britain. Let us embrace their lifestyle and use it as a role model for our children with the message that it is ok to take what you want irrespective of ownership, because the nice tax payer is always happy to foot the bill. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

Except no one has embraced it. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Phil_D11102
post Mar 20 2019, 12:14 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 19 2019, 03:35 PM) *
They're just passing through, happens every spring and autumn, bit like swallows but with added attitude. Gone soon.

Their passing through has torn up the football pitch, which will have to be fixed. Who will be paying for it, not them...

As soon as they show up, clamp their vehicles, and have them pay to get them released.

Maybe then they will start following the rules.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Mar 20 2019, 12:33 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Phil_D11102 @ Mar 20 2019, 12:14 PM) *
Their passing through has torn up the football pitch, which will have to be fixed. Who will be paying for it, not them...

As soon as they show up, clamp their vehicles, and have them pay to get them released.

Maybe then they will start following the rules.

Naw, they're like Honey Badgers, can't be tamed!

+Quote Post
Berkshirelad
post Mar 20 2019, 03:09 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

QUOTE (Phil_D11102 @ Mar 19 2019, 09:28 AM) *
I don't really understand how anyone can think they can just roll up and camp out in Victoria Park.

I do understand that the travelers prefer a nomadic lifestyle, but there are set sites where travelers can go to. The amount of money that will be spent cleaning up, policing, etc should come from fines by clamping vehicles for parking and camping in locations that is not zoned for such activities.

Yes, all holy **** would break out if this happens, but no one is really doing anything to prevent this from happening.

I think you mean "They're back", not "Their back"

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Mar 21 2019, 07:30 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 121

QUOTE (Berkshirelad @ Mar 20 2019, 03:09 PM) *

Maybe so but is this really necessary to point this out. Why? Is it just to ridicule? You knew exactly what was meant.

+Quote Post
Phil_D11102
post Mar 21 2019, 08:34 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Berkshirelad @ Mar 20 2019, 03:09 PM) *

Don't drink the kool aid..

You think that correcting my grammar will impact the message. NO!!!

I bet your one of these people who hide behind their keyboards. The fact is people were illegally camping, and caused damaged.

If you would to do that, what would happen? Your sorry *** would be thrown into jail.

I have empathy for their lifestyle, and support that there should be locations set aside where they can go, but if they go someplace that impacts the greater community, then no empathy here.

Is mugs like me, and possibly you, who pay their fair share and now have to pay the extra to fix their mess.

The council and police should work together. Clamp all their **** vehicles and don't release them until they pay a fine and go.

+Quote Post
Berkshirelad
post Mar 21 2019, 05:27 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

QUOTE (Phil_D11102 @ Mar 21 2019, 08:34 AM) *
Don't drink the kool aid..

You think that correcting my grammar will impact the message. NO!!!

I bet your one of these people who hide behind their keyboards. The fact is people were illegally camping, and caused damaged.

If you would to do that, what would happen? Your sorry *** would be thrown into jail.

I have empathy for their lifestyle, and support that there should be locations set aside where they can go, but if they go someplace that impacts the greater community, then no empathy here.

Is mugs like me, and possibly you, who pay their fair share and now have to pay the extra to fix their mess.

The council and police should work together. Clamp all their **** vehicles and don't release them until they pay a fine and go.

Firstly. I was correcting your spelling; not your grammar.

I do not simply hide behind a keyboard; any more than any other posters on the forums.

In fact, I would have no strong objections to illegal encampments like this being cleared by dogs (and maybe flame throwers to disinfect the site at the same time) with all vehicles seized and crushed.

+Quote Post
newres
post Mar 22 2019, 03:28 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (Berkshirelad @ Mar 21 2019, 05:27 PM) *
Firstly. I was correcting your spelling; not your grammar.

I do not simply hide behind a keyboard; any more than any other posters on the forums.

In fact, I would have no strong objections to illegal encampments like this being cleared by dogs (and maybe flame throwers to disinfect the site at the same time) with all vehicles seized and crushed.

Are you going to answer the question on the other thread about us having no checks in ports in the event of no deal? And could you tell me how that fits in with taking back control of our money, our borders and our laws?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:28 PM