> Litter Louts on the K&A
andy1979uk
post May 29 2012, 11:24 AM
Post #101

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,697

QUOTE (Bloggo @ May 29 2012, 12:22 PM) *
As a society we seem to have drifted into a "me first, I'm more important, something for nothing" culture.
It needs to change and people need to take more responsibility for their own actions and future.

That is why the country needed a conservative government, Thatcher was the first PM to say 'look if you dont ogot work you are not going to have much', Blair and his clowns gave people a lifestyle they should never have had propped up on benefits.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Timbo
post May 29 2012, 11:37 AM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,715

QUOTE (Bloggo @ May 29 2012, 12:22 PM) *
As a society we seem to have drifted into a "me first, I'm more important, something for nothing" culture.
It needs to change and people need to take more responsibility for their own actions and future.

I do agree but a little help at certain times is something we all deserve.

And this has nothing to do with politics.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post May 29 2012, 11:41 AM
Post #103

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Timbo @ May 29 2012, 12:37 PM) *

I disagree, not everyone deserves to be helped. Particularly those that commit crimes against us and who defraud a pressurised benefits system designed to help those that really need support.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
andy1979uk
post May 29 2012, 11:42 AM
Post #104

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Timbo @ May 29 2012, 12:37 PM) *

I agree also, but welfare spending increased hugely under labour. Some families were getting more than a little help, I know a family who has 4 kids and one parent works part time by choice, the rest of their income is benefits.

+Quote Post
Timbo
post May 29 2012, 11:44 AM
Post #105

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ May 29 2012, 12:41 PM) *
I disagree, not everyone deserves to be helped. Particularly those that commit crimes against us and who defraud a pressurised benefits system designed to help those that really need support.

What, students? Yeah they are criminals.

QUOTE (andy1979uk @ May 29 2012, 12:42 PM) *
I agree also, but welfare spending increased hugely under labour. Some families were getting more than a little help, I know a family who has 4 kids and one parent works part time by choice, the rest of their income is benefits.

That is wrong and is a huge strain on the system, but things such as EMA for students helps what will be the future tax payers. It is not the be all and end all though. There are other things.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post May 29 2012, 11:48 AM
Post #106

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Timbo @ May 29 2012, 12:44 PM) *
What, students? Yeah they are criminals.

I didn't mention students. Why are you so defensive about them. There are good ones and bad ones.
I was referring to those people who consiously rip off the benefits system and us, the tax payers, in the process.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
andy1979uk
post May 29 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #107

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ May 29 2012, 12:48 PM) *
I didn't mention students. Why are you so defensive about them. There are good ones and bad ones.
I was referring to those people who consiously rip off the benefits system and us, the tax payers, in the process.

There are some who think that it is a way of life now, if you can work abit then thats extra money but the main income is from welfare.

+Quote Post
andy1979uk
post May 29 2012, 11:52 AM
Post #108

Advanced Member

QUOTE (andy1979uk @ May 29 2012, 12:51 PM) *
There are some who think that it is a way of life now, if you can work abit then thats extra money but the main income is from welfare.

There was that father of 17 who lost 6 in a fire, he did'nt work yet had child after child. Its trajic what happened of course and he will never get over it, but he should take some responsibility.

+Quote Post
Timbo
post May 29 2012, 12:00 PM
Post #109

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ May 29 2012, 12:48 PM) *

I just figured, since we were in general talking about students. I am defensive about young people in general because I'm old enough to not have to deal with people saying "you have no life experience" but (almost) young enough to remember what it's like to grow up in the current climate.

The bolded section I agree.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post May 29 2012, 12:00 PM
Post #110

Advanced Member

QUOTE (andy1979uk @ May 29 2012, 12:52 PM) *
There was that father of 17 who lost 6 in a fire, he did'nt work yet had child after child. Its trajic what happened of course and he will never get over it, but he should take some responsibility.

He and his wife I presume (the news report says the parents but could have been his mistress) have just been arrested for murder.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
andy1979uk
post May 29 2012, 12:02 PM
Post #111

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ May 29 2012, 01:00 PM) *
He and his wife I presume (the news report says the parents but could have been his mistress) have just been arrested for murder.

Yep just read that, very sad story indeed. Despite his lifestyle choices the children did not deserve to die.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post May 29 2012, 12:08 PM
Post #112

Advanced Member

QUOTE (andy1979uk @ May 29 2012, 01:02 PM) *
Yep just read that, very sad story indeed. Despite his lifestyle choices the children did not deserve to die.

Unlike him if found guilty. I would hang him for this atrosity.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post May 29 2012, 12:10 PM
Post #113

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

That was a terrible story of the deaths of children. 17 is quite a lot though.
Even Henry V111 and his wives only managed a couple.
Whilst Victoria provided Europe with Kings and Queens.
ce.

+Quote Post
andy1979uk
post May 29 2012, 12:11 PM
Post #114

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ May 29 2012, 01:08 PM) *
Unlike him if found guilty. I would hang him for this atrosity.

There is alot that does'nt add up. He said he was woken by the smoke alarm as they were asleep downstairs, rubbish as the fire started downstairs he would have been able to go up and get the kids. Also why did the police have to stop him getting back in, if he was in the house already ? It will all come out in the wash sooner or later.

+Quote Post
stewiegriffin
post May 29 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #115

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,387

Could we maybe get him to pick up some litter by the canal before administering the 100000 volts?

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 29 2012, 01:44 PM
Post #116

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Someone asked this morning how we could stop people littering?

Yes, it is an education thing, but its also a morals matter. If you are lead to believe that you are the most important thing in the Universe and no one should ever say no to you - then why shouldn't you leave litter? Nothing to do with University education or anything else - simply one's moral compass. We've lost that haven't we?

The counter argument is that it creates employment and without these low level crimes, wouldn't road sweepers and Policemen out of work? Indeed aren't the Police neglecting their duty by treating this as low level unimportant crime? By the by, can you imagine the squealing that would go on when a WBC warden doles out the first £50 fine!!!

Even so, Society can still be self regulating. When did any of us last challenge someone dropping litter? When did we point out to someone that they've dropped a fag end? Yes, I have and been roundly abused. Ironically, by someone (must have been aged about 60) who was in the process of thanking me for having a go at a militant cyclist on a pavement!

I can claim to have been brought up for a period by Grandparents who lived in some poverty in the rough end of a big city. They kept themselves respectable and littering would have been an anathma - it certainly went on, fag ends and the like, but as my Grandmother would say by people who had poor personal habits; vis wouldn't want to do their laundry.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post May 29 2012, 01:48 PM
Post #117

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ May 29 2012, 02:44 PM) *
Someone asked this morning how we could stop people littering?

Yes, it is an education thing, but its also a morals matter. If you are lead to believe that you are the most important thing in the Universe and no one should ever say no to you - then why shouldn't you leave litter? Nothing to do with University education or anything else - simply one's moral compass. We've lost that haven't we?

The counter argument is that it creates employment and without these low level crimes, wouldn't road sweepers and Policemen out of work? Indeed aren't the Police neglecting their duty by treating this as low level unimportant crime? By the by, can you imagine the squealing that would go on when a WBC warden doles out the first £50 fine!!!

Even so, Society can still be self regulating. When did any of us last challenge someone dropping litter? When did we point out to someone that they've dropped a fag end? Yes, I have and been roundly abused. Ironically, by someone (must have been aged about 60) who was in the process of thanking me for having a go at a militant cyclist on a pavement!

I can claim to have been brought up for a period by Grandparents who lived in some poverty in the rough end of a big city. They kept themselves respectable and littering would have been an anathma - it certainly went on, fag ends and the like, but as my Grandmother would say by people who had poor personal habits; vis wouldn't want to do their laundry.

Nicely put OtE.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:35 PM