> Civil Enforcement Officers
user23
post Mar 30 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Mar 30 2010, 01:49 PM) *
You read this article and it makes you chuckle but when you have finished and sit back and think about what it is actually saying, it makes you cry.
We, as a Society, are losing all sense of reality and the rule of "common sense"
All I can say is, don't believe everything you read in the papers.

Richard Littlejohn is well know for making a good living out writing of this sort of stuff (as he admits himself) and often ridiculed by some, as a lot of it tends to be exaggerated to appeal to those who are easily lead. This for example is designed to sell his latest book, look at the intro prior to his piece

The Mail's incomparable Richard Littlejohn has been New Labour's most perceptive critic.
Now he has written a book excoriating the political pygmies and crooks who've wrecked Britain over the past 13 years.
On Saturday, in this brilliant series, he gave us the extraordinary revelation that he nearly became a Labour MP.
Here, he explains how the diversity Nazis have ruined our town halls.

Basically as a good rule of thumb, avoid anyone that feels they need use the word Nazis to sensationalise their writing when referring to anything other than the Third Reich.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Mar 30 2010, 05:56 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

I'll decide what I read or not, but you are right, a large percentage of what we read in the press is sexed up. I personally take most of it with a pinch of salt.

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Mar 30 2010, 10:45 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (user23 @ Mar 30 2010, 06:38 PM) *
Are you sure it was totally empty?

No - as it's pretty small there would not be a lot of room for anyone else. Reading Buses had the lot and have left. So my bet is that the CEOs are the only occupants.
How is the fact that it's marked for demolition in a year or two relevant?

I can see a point in heating a valuable building to a low level in order to keep it in good condition - if its due for demolition why bother?
You seem to have made a very large mountain of what's most likely a non existent molehill here. Why is that?

I made a post expressing concern at what appears to be a bit of WBC extravagance, since then I have just been answering your questions - who's making the mountain?

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Mar 30 2010, 11:00 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Careful, he'll be threatening you with an ignore warning next, then you'll be sorry! dry.gif tongue.gif

I have to say, it does seem like a weak reason to add to cost of the up keep of the CEOs, just because it seems a waste to leave the building empty.

According to the NWN, 'the decision was made to make use of the building rather than leave it empty'. If true, what kind of reason is that! As Richard Littlejohn would say, 'you couldn't make it up!'.

Mind how you go!

+Quote Post
user23
post Mar 31 2010, 06:48 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (blackdog @ Mar 30 2010, 11:45 PM) *
No - as it's pretty small there would not be a lot of room for anyone else. Reading Buses had the lot and have left. So my bet is that the CEOs are the only occupants.

I can see a point in heating a valuable building to a low level in order to keep it in good condition - if its due for demolition why bother?

I made a post expressing concern at what appears to be a bit of WBC extravagance, since then I have just been answering your questions - who's making the mountain?
Just asking you to substantiate what you've posted, as of yet I've seen nothing that supports what you claim. Let's leave this here though as you've had enough chances.

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Mar 31 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (user23 @ Mar 31 2010, 07:48 PM) *
Just asking you to substantiate what you've posted, as of yet I've seen nothing that supports what you claim. Let's leave this here though as you've had enough chances.

I've claimed nothing - just questioned what APPEARS to be some WBC extravagance. I have explained why it appears this way to me. As yet you have said nothing to show that this is not the case.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Mar 31 2010, 10:08 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE (blackdog @ Mar 31 2010, 08:22 PM) *
I've claimed nothing - just questioned what APPEARS to be some WBC extravagance. I have explained why it appears this way to me. As yet you have said nothing to show that this is not the case.

Yes, to vacate an office offered for free, to one that will seemingly cost, seems like the usual (un)common sense you can expect from this administration.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 02:53 AM