> Milkshakes..., What next?
je suis Charlie
post May 30 2019, 04:27 PM
Post #201

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (newres @ May 30 2019, 03:31 PM) *
Businesses are moving or planning to. But your analogy is incorrect, moving now is really just an insurance policy. The real damage will come after when we lose inward investment jobs. Obviously losing frictionless trade will mean more job losses.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business...n-a8792296.html

I stand corrected, I see the decision by nissan to pull the plug on the X trail is totally due to brexit. Nothing of course to do with;

"In the first quarter of 2019, sales of the Nissan X-Trail SUV, once popular in Europe, fell by two thirds. The reason is the new WLTP standards.
In the first quarter of 2019, the Nissan X-Trail lost 67% in the European market compared to the Q1 2018. In the first TOP 10 mid-size SUVs, it took only in the 7th place. A couple of years ago it was the second.

New WLTP requirements for emissions level are the reason for the X-Trail sales drop, according to experts. The automaker had to withdraw some versions from the market due to them."

So, nothing to do with the fact the the xtrail only sold 24,000 units Europe wide last year? And nothing to do with the fact that in order for it to meet new standards would require complete new retooling, for a car whose sales are in free fall. No! It's brexit! Of course it is!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 30 2019, 05:48 PM
Post #202

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 30 2019, 05:27 PM) *
I stand corrected, I see the decision by nissan to pull the plug on the X trail is totally due to brexit. Nothing of course to do with;

"In the first quarter of 2019, sales of the Nissan X-Trail SUV, once popular in Europe, fell by two thirds. The reason is the new WLTP standards.
In the first quarter of 2019, the Nissan X-Trail lost 67% in the European market compared to the Q1 2018. In the first TOP 10 mid-size SUVs, it took only in the 7th place. A couple of years ago it was the second.

New WLTP requirements for emissions level are the reason for the X-Trail sales drop, according to experts. The automaker had to withdraw some versions from the market due to them."

So, nothing to do with the fact the the xtrail only sold 24,000 units Europe wide last year? And nothing to do with the fact that in order for it to meet new standards would require complete new retooling, for a car whose sales are in free fall. No! It's brexit! Of course it is!

I honestly don't know what remoaners would do if we did stay. What could they blame for everything? Its also the only reason some of these #fbpe cult loons get up in the morning. They can't have jobs, some of these Twitter feeds contain a tweet every bloody 10 minutes..

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post May 30 2019, 06:13 PM
Post #203

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 30 2019, 06:48 PM) *
I honestly don't know what remoaners would do if we did stay. What could they blame for everything? Its also the only reason some of these #fbpe cult loons get up in the morning. They can't have jobs, some of these Twitter feeds contain a tweet every bloody 10 minutes..

They multi-task/function. Observe any member of the great unwashed and they seem incapable of conducting the simplest of tasks without the obligatory phone in one hand and coffee cup in the other. How they procreate is a mystery but one assumes they operate in the workplace with minium restriction. As one who still thinks a tweet is an ornithological reference I stand on the sidelines and observe with increasing incredulity. cool.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 30 2019, 06:15 PM
Post #204

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ May 30 2019, 07:13 PM) *
They multi-task/function. Observe any member of the great unwashed and they seem incapable of conducting the simplest of tasks without the obligatory phone in one hand and coffee cup in the other. How they procreate is a mystery but one assumes they operate in the workplace with minium restriction. As one who still thinks a tweet is an ornithological reference I stand on the sidelines and observe with increasing incredulity. cool.gif

They probably give a live Twitter feed and give Instagram updates during said procreation...😂😂

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 30 2019, 06:42 PM
Post #205

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 30 2019, 07:15 PM) *
They probably give a live Twitter feed and give Instagram updates during said procreation...😂😂

While vaping and trimming their beards, ******* hipsters!

+Quote Post
newres
post May 30 2019, 07:11 PM
Post #206

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 30 2019, 05:27 PM) *

Was Nissan the only example?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 30 2019, 08:09 PM
Post #207

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 30 2019, 08:11 PM) *

I have it on good authority that Apple, Google and Microsoft are going out of business because of Brexit.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 30 2019, 10:04 PM
Post #208

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 30 2019, 08:11 PM) *

It was considered important enough to place it first in the article, so their premiere case is in fact a lie.

Companies relocate all the time, sometimes it's for cheaper rents, sometimes it's a more advantageous tax regime, cheaper labour, bigger government handouts, you name it. But rather than explain exactly why you're doing it is sometimes politically disadvantageous, so you say it's brexit. Easy.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post May 30 2019, 11:50 PM
Post #209

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

Welly, Welly, Welly,

"EU banks and fund managers faced being stopped from trading dual-listed companies in the UK capital, should Britain leave the bloc without a deal in place, under a rule from Europe’s markets watchdog to “significantly reduce the scope” of trading obligations. But the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has now announced a U-turn on the plans after “taking into account the concerns expressed by stakeholders”. ESMA said it had identified 6,243 companies that investors registered in the EU would have to trade on European exchanges in the event of Britain leaving in a hard Brexit scenario. Of this group, 14 dual-listed stocks – including Vodafone, BP, Royal Dutch Shell, AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline and Coca-Cola European Partners – have their most active market in London."
The London Stock Exchange said the news was positive for investors and a “step forward in avoiding market disruption in a no-deal Brexit”.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
newres
post May 31 2019, 04:19 AM
Post #210

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 30 2019, 11:04 PM) *
It was considered important enough to place it first in the article, so their premiere case is in fact a lie.

Companies relocate all the time, sometimes it's for cheaper rents, sometimes it's a more advantageous tax regime, cheaper labour, bigger government handouts, you name it. But rather than explain exactly why you're doing it is sometimes politically disadvantageous, so you say it's brexit. Easy.

What about all the banks and finance houses that have moved staff? British Steel is almost certainly a victim of lost contracts due to the Brexit uncertainty. You’d have to be pretty ignorant to not realise the jeopardy the automotive industry will be in if we exit the single market as well as agriculture. Patrick Minford has said this is a necessary cost.

But future inward investment losses would be huge too.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 31 2019, 05:50 AM
Post #211

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 31 2019, 05:19 AM) *
What about all the banks and finance houses that have moved staff? British Steel is almost certainly a victim of lost contracts due to the Brexit uncertainty. You’d have to be pretty ignorant to not realise the jeopardy the automotive industry will be in if we exit the single market as well as agriculture. Patrick Minford has said this is a necessary cost.

You are as deranged as the Anti Trump lot in the USA. I think you actually want a recession just so you can say "told you so"... your cup is half empty all the time. I like to keep mine half full. You must be a joy to work with....

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 31 2019, 06:14 AM
Post #212

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (newres @ May 30 2019, 10:30 AM) *
That's democracy.

Eh!? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post May 31 2019, 10:51 AM
Post #213

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (newres @ May 31 2019, 05:19 AM) *

What automotive industry?

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 31 2019, 11:03 AM
Post #214

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 31 2019, 11:51 AM) *
What automotive industry?

The one JC will create in the glorious revolution.😂

+Quote Post
newres
post May 31 2019, 03:27 PM
Post #215

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 31 2019, 07:14 AM) *
Eh!? unsure.gif

In a democracy we get to campaign against things we don’t like. That’s democracy.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 31 2019, 03:45 PM
Post #216

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 31 2019, 04:27 PM) *
In a democracy we get to throw milkshakes at things we don’t like. That’s democracy.

FTFY. 😂

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 31 2019, 03:49 PM
Post #217

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 31 2019, 04:27 PM) *
In a democracy we get to campaign against things we don’t like. That’s democracy.

We also get to vote. Though I'm not sure people will bother anymore
What's the point? Tell me. Lose.. vote again. Lose.. vote again. I sense a pattern..Anyway I'm actually looking forward to an EU Army now. Be great when they start conscripting remoaners children. I shall laugh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15541948

+Quote Post
spartacus
post May 31 2019, 04:42 PM
Post #218

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 31 2019, 12:03 PM) *
The one JC will create in the glorious revolution.😂
You're thinking of tractor factories. Tractors to help the proletariat till the land. And once we have enough tractors we can build cars.. Cars that made this country Great.. cars that people want and can afford... the designs are ready...

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 31 2019, 04:56 PM
Post #219

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ May 31 2019, 05:42 PM) *
You're thinking of tractor factories. Tractors to help the proletariat till the land. And once we have enough tractors we can build cars.. Cars that made this country Great.. cars that people want and can afford... the designs are ready...

No comrade, we can build 'tractors' but not cars, cars are for imperialist elites. Once we have enough tractors built in the Birmingham oblast we will build tanks! Tanks comrades! An army of steel to grind the imperial elite into the dust! The pasty whey faced imperialist scum will tremble before the steel will of party chairman Corbyn! Onwards! Not one step back!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 31 2019, 05:30 PM
Post #220

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 31 2019, 05:56 PM) *
No comrade, we can build 'tractors' but not cars, cars are for imperialist elites. Once we have enough tractors built in the Birmingham oblast we will build tanks! Tanks comrades! An army of steel to grind the imperial elite into the dust! The pasty whey faced imperialist scum will tremble before the steel will of party chairman Corbyn! Onwards! Not one step back!

More than an element of truth in it my friend. Tractors are mentioned in this FT article...🤣🤣

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/con...a4-c32129756dd8

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:50 AM