> Help - Restaurants?
Strafin
post Nov 24 2010, 10:23 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 55

QUOTE (spartacus @ Nov 24 2010, 08:20 PM) *
It's been a while since I went to the Valle D'oro... It used to be a bit of a hidden gem and could knock the spots off the more 'designer' Prezzo or Strada or other knock-off posh pizza parlours in the town.....

Is it still as good? Anyone know?

It's brilliant. A true restaurant where the food is good and plentiful and the service makes you feel like part of the family. The father of the family always gives the ladies a rose on their way out as well, which is a lovely touch.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KMcC
post Nov 24 2010, 10:36 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 234

I love the Valle D'oro, fab food, huge portion sizes! and the best service you could ever get smile.gif

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Nov 25 2010, 10:57 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

You might be interested in checking the star ratings for inspections for the restaurants mentioned in this thread. Not sure how relevant it is, but interesting.

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Nov 25 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 966

Went to the new Steak House on Saturday night, our steaks were delicious, had to pay extra for mushrooms/oninion rings etc as only came with chips. One of my friends ordered chicken but it was still red in the middle, they had cooked it to high on the griddle as was burnt on the outisde, and undercooked in the middle. Obviously the chefs disagreed but it was taken off the bill. Wasn't very cosy but they said they are getting more pictures to warm the place up. We were seated by the door so it was very cold when everyone was in and out. People were complaining about waiting for their food orders.

But I would go again to see if it has improved as the steak was fantastic.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Nov 25 2010, 11:14 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Rosewinelover @ Nov 25 2010, 11:09 AM) *
Went to the new Steak House on Saturday night, our steaks were delicious, had to pay extra for mushrooms/oninion rings etc as only came with chips. One of my friends ordered chicken but it was still red in the middle, they had cooked it to high on the griddle as was burnt on the outisde, and undercooked in the middle. Obviously the chefs disagreed but it was taken off the bill. Wasn't very cosy but they said they are getting more pictures to warm the place up. We were seated by the door so it was very cold when everyone was in and out. People were complaining about waiting for their food orders.

But I would go again to see if it has improved as the steak was fantastic.

So, assuming you had a 10oz Rump, you paid £13.45 for the steak, +£2.45 for the chips plus another £2.45 ea for Onion rings & mushrooms? Making £20.80?

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Nov 25 2010, 11:33 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Nov 25 2010, 11:14 AM) *
So, assuming you had a 10oz Rump, you paid £13.45 for the steak, +£2.45 for the chips plus another £2.45 ea for Onion rings & mushrooms? Making £20.80?

Nearly right. £18.35. Good guess at the steak......! I've got my receipt on me so I checked. No extra for chips, just onion rings and mushrooms. There is enough onion rings for 2 people, but you get 1 large mushroom.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Nov 25 2010, 11:38 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rosewinelover @ Nov 25 2010, 11:33 AM) *
Nearly right. £18.35. Good guess at the steak......! I've got my receipt on me so I checked. No extra for chips, just onion rings and mushrooms. There is enough onion rings for 2 people, but you get 1 large mushroom.

No Guesses - I had a look at the website!.

Their menus makes no mention of the steaks coming with anything, & chips are listed as £2.45 sides. The non steak menu makes note that the mains come with chips.

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Nov 25 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Nov 25 2010, 11:38 AM) *
No Guesses - I had a look at the website!.

Their menus makes no mention of the steaks coming with anything, & chips are listed as £2.45 sides. The non steak menu makes note that the mains come with chips.

I meant good guess at what steak I had!

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Nov 25 2010, 11:46 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rosewinelover @ Nov 25 2010, 11:40 AM) *
I meant good guess at what steak I had!

LOL! Ah, of course!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:54 AM