> Boxing Day Hunt, Vine and Craven Hunt being promoted by the NWN
newres
post Dec 31 2016, 07:30 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Dec 31 2016, 12:56 AM) *
I used to do a lot of shooting and fishing and strangely enough it tought me to respect what I killed, used every morsel and, if I couldn't use it I didn't kill it. It's strange what dressing out your own meat will do to your concept of available protien.

Why do I think of Hannibal when you write this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 31 2016, 08:19 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ Dec 31 2016, 07:29 AM) *
Sorry to not fit your stereotype.

Oh the irony..... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
newres
post Dec 31 2016, 09:29 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 31 2016, 08:19 AM) *
Oh the irony..... laugh.gif

Well to drag a thread about newspaper coverage of a Boxing Day hunt into yet another anti Muslim rant conforms exactly.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Dec 31 2016, 09:32 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (newres @ Dec 31 2016, 08:30 AM) *
Why do I think of Hannibal when you write this?

I have no idea why, over fertile imagination perhaps?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 31 2016, 09:39 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Dec 31 2016, 09:29 AM) *
Well to drag a thread about newspaper coverage of a Boxing Day hunt into yet another anti Muslim rant conforms exactly.

Think you may be confused old boy. I did not bring up halal. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Dec 31 2016, 10:03 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 31 2016, 10:39 AM) *
Think you may be confused old boy. I did not bring up halal. rolleyes.gif

That reminds me, its new year's Eve, must book into the local curry house for tonight!

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Dec 31 2016, 10:08 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (newres @ Dec 31 2016, 10:29 AM) *

Anti halal actually.
The subject of the way animals are killed and for what reason links the two.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Dec 31 2016, 10:14 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Dec 31 2016, 10:08 AM) *
Anti halal actually.

Exactly.

+Quote Post
newres
post Dec 31 2016, 10:49 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Dec 31 2016, 10:08 AM) *
Anti halal actually.

Ah, but it wasn't like that. It was "Boo!! Disgusting!!! Wearing a red jacket and riding a horse through the countryside with a very slight chance every blue moon of catching an animal . Shameful!! Persecute these despicable beings!! Slaughter without stunning of tens of thousands of animals every day of every week...... let's brush over that in case we upset the minorities...."

And that unleashed:

"Both are just plain wrong. But its PC to diss the boxing day hunt. The slaughter of animals without stunning is religion innit. Gotta make exceptions... Brush that one over."

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 31 2016, 11:16 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Dec 31 2016, 10:49 AM) *
Ah, but it wasn't like that. It was "Boo!! Disgusting!!! Wearing a red jacket and riding a horse through the countryside with a very slight chance every blue moon of catching an animal . Shameful!! Persecute these despicable beings!! Slaughter without stunning of tens of thousands of animals every day of every week...... let's brush over that in case we upset the minorities...."

And that unleashed:

"Both are just plain wrong. But its PC to diss the boxing day hunt. The slaughter of animals without stunning is religion innit. Gotta make exceptions... Brush that one over."

Untrue? Also I did not mention any particular religion. Personally I think killing animals without stunning them is an abhorrent practice. But hey we are all entitled to opinions. Im also not PC and call things out when I think they are wrong. Im not always right but at least I stimulate debate. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
newres
post Dec 31 2016, 11:40 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 31 2016, 11:16 AM) *
Untrue? Also I did not mention any particular religion. Personally I think killing animals without stunning them is an abhorrent practice. But hey we are all entitled to opinions. Im also not PC and call things out when I think they are wrong. Im not always right but at least I stimulate debate. rolleyes.gif

But there is a big difference between killing animals for fun and killing them for food. I personally think it's hypocritical to say one method of slaughtering is ok but not another. Any slaughterhouse is a pretty horrible thing to contemplate. And to make a broader point imposing our values on other faiths only ever seems to end badly. If you want to know, I find many aspects of Middle Eastern culture abhorrent, but I don't think it's for us to get involved.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Dec 31 2016, 12:30 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 30 2016, 07:46 PM) *
Nothing to stop you Andy if thats the way you feel.

There is: I like eating meat, so the 'solution' is to not be a hypocrite and a yah boo-ist! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Dec 31 2016, 01:54 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Dec 31 2016, 11:40 AM) *
But there is a big difference between killing animals for fun and killing them for food. I personally think it's hypocritical to say one method of slaughtering is ok but not another. Any slaughterhouse is a pretty horrible thing to contemplate. And to make a broader point imposing our values on other faiths only ever seems to end badly. If you want to know, I find many aspects of Middle Eastern culture abhorrent, but I don't think it's for us to get involved.

I'm mindful that I'm not a vegetarian and a soft atheist, but my view is our meat should be stunned before slaughter without exception. I would also strengthen abattoir practice including unannounced inspections and possibly video cameras.

+Quote Post
newres
post Dec 31 2016, 03:08 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Dec 31 2016, 01:54 PM) *
I'm mindful that I'm not a vegetarian and a soft atheist, but my view is our meat should be stunned before slaughter without exception. I would also strengthen abattoir practice including unannounced inspections and possibly video cameras.

I think I would agree that animals should be stunned first, although probably the ideal way is a bullet through the head. The way it's done is pretty vile whichever and I suspect the treatment is pretty regularly inhumane.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jan 1 2017, 04:28 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Dec 31 2016, 04:08 PM) *
I think I would agree that animals should be stunned first, although probably the ideal way is a bullet through the head. The way it's done is pretty vile whichever and I suspect the treatment is pretty regularly inhumane.

"A halal poultry company supplying major supermarkets in Britain has admitted failings after its factory workers boiled chickens alive."

"The company, co-owned by "chicken king" multi-millionaire Ranjit Singh Boparan, was this month fined £8,000 and ordered to pay £6,000 costs after admitting causing unnecessary suffering to the chickens, The Times reported."

From today's news feed.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jan 1 2017, 07:11 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 1 2017, 04:28 AM) *
"A halal poultry company supplying major supermarkets in Britain has admitted failings after its factory workers boiled chickens alive."

"The company, co-owned by "chicken king" multi-millionaire Ranjit Singh Boparan, was this month fined £8,000 and ordered to pay £6,000 costs after admitting causing unnecessary suffering to the chickens, The Times reported."

From today's news feed.

I'm guessing these abuses only take place in halal factories in much the same way that grooming of young girls is only carried out by Asians.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jan 1 2017, 09:08 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jan 1 2017, 07:11 PM) *
I'm guessing these abuses only take place in halal factories in much the same way that grooming of young girls is only carried out by Asians.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38457257

Yes evil exists in all parts of society. But... Overall I think the traditional western culture of the last 50 years affords more respect to women. Perhaps I am wrong and all these stories are pedalled by the right wing facist BBC.... rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
newres
post Jan 1 2017, 09:29 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 1 2017, 09:08 PM) *

Yes evil exists in all parts of society. But... Overall I think the traditional western culture of the last 50 years affords more respect to women. Perhaps I am wrong and all these stories are pedalled by the right wing facist BBC.... rolleyes.gif

I wonder if the domestic violence court cases back that up.

And doubtless all interferers of young boys are football coaches...... this week. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 1 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 1 2017, 09:08 PM) *

Yes evil exists in all parts of society. But... Overall I think the traditional western culture of the last 50 years affords more respect to women.

Provided they look sexy.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jan 1 2017, 10:57 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 1 2017, 09:30 PM) *
Provided they look sexy.

Speak for yourself chap. Ive always opened doors for women and been polite. Occasionally I get abuse for being so old fashioned. Thats just me.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:12 PM