Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Pryce Justice
Simon Kirby
post Mar 7 2013, 09:06 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,011

Vicky Pryce has now been found guilty, like her former husband the Lib Dem cabinet miniter Chris Huhne, of perverting the course of justice.

Catching a politician in a lie is unusual, but that doesn't reassure me, that just reminds me how difficult it is to catch the self-serving liars at it. Perverting the course of justice is a serious crime because it ***** a snook at justice herself. But politicians also need to understand how much they damage the fabric of society when they lie.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Mar 7 2013, 09:11 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Mar 7 2013, 09:06 PM) *
Vicky Pryce has now been found guilty, like her former husband the Lib Dem cabinet miniter Chris Huhne, of perverting the course of justice.

Catching a politician in a lie is unusual, but that doesn't reassure me, that just reminds me how difficult it is to catch the self-serving liars at it. Perverting the course of justice is a serious crime because it ***** a snook at justice herself. But politicians also need to understand how much they damage the fabric of society when they lie.

I must admit that I did chuckle when I heard the guilty verdict. A wonderful rebound on a woman scorned, determined to do anything to get at her cheating husband. She should have kept her mouth shut and her and his criminal activity would never have surfaced.

The question is, was she right so long after the event to come forward and report it.

What I said earlier.

http://forum.newburytoday.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2247

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Mar 7 2013, 09:34 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Mar 7 2013, 09:11 PM) *
The question is, was she right so long after the event to come forward and report it.

Morally, yes, she was right to report it, though that's not what she did is it, she shopped Huhne to the press and originally changed the story so she wasn't implicated. Either of them could have come clean and admitted the offence, but it was a very last-minute thing with Huhne, and Pryce tried to the end to get off on a technicality. The CPS are saying that their costs from the time of the plea are £100k and they're going to try and recover the money - I'm guessing they have their own costs to pay too. Bit ironic Pryce being an ecconomist.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Dodgys smarter b...
post Mar 7 2013, 10:38 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,100

Think he'll offer to do her time for her?......seems only fair.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Mar 8 2013, 07:52 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Mar 7 2013, 09:34 PM) *
Bit ironic Pryce being an ecconomist.

...but a Greek one!

Whole thing speaks volumes about several things. The trial revealed an awful lot about Chris Huhne's judgement and personality - yet he became a top LibDem, in a democratic system, so says an awful lot about our judgement too! Made his millions in the high finance, where its never win - win. We can be thankful that even today no one is above the law, but it's a close run thing. How many in these positions demanding trust and integrity think it doesn't apply to them?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:25 AM