post Apr 7 2020, 07:36 PM
Post #201

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 7 2020, 05:53 PM) *
Bit of levity in these troubled times.

[attachment=295:90011577...704128_n.jpg]

The Ugandan approach to policing is "unique"... good on him!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/sehnaoui/status/...516312915439616
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 7 2020, 07:37 PM
Post #202

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

I have two friends who came back from skiing with it. Both now recovered. I think I have it actually, but very mild symptoms. Minor fever and minor aching but Ill probably never know for sure. Whatever Im condemned to 7 days self isolation and the fam isolated for 14 days.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 7 2020, 08:07 PM
Post #203

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 7 2020, 08:37 PM) *
I have two friends who came back from skiing with it. Both now recovered. I think I have it actually, but very mild symptoms. Minor fever and minor aching but Ill probably never know for sure. Whatever Im condemned to 7 days self isolation and the fam isolated for 14 days.

We wish you and your family well and trust you will still be able to "annoy" TDH on a regular basis.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 7 2020, 08:37 PM
Post #204

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 7 2020, 08:37 PM) *

Hope you're all ok.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 7 2020, 09:14 PM
Post #205

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 7 2020, 09:07 PM) *
We wish you and your family well and trust you will still be able to "annoy" TDH on a regular basis.

It's just banter. Trust me... newres will be fine. Only the good die young. That's why your still here Sir Will!🤣

In all seriousness just rest up and hope you and the family remian well.

Be safe chaps.. and if you cant be safe..buy a pram.

+Quote Post
newres
post Yesterday, 05:33 AM
Post #206

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

Im overwhelmed. 😂 Thank you.

To be truthful its very mild if it is Coronavirus. Ive had worse colds. Hopefully well have a test soon so we can know for sure whether weve had it and start to get back to normality before the economy is destroyed.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Yesterday, 08:02 AM
Post #207

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 8 2020, 06:33 AM) *
Im overwhelmed. 😂 Thank you.

To be truthful its very mild if it is Coronavirus. Ive had worse colds. Hopefully well have a test soon so we can know for sure whether weve had it and start to get back to normality before the economy is destroyed.

The severity of the illness is down to many factors including luck but hopefully you will now have resistance for the second stage outbreak should it happen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Yesterday, 05:05 PM
Post #208

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 7 2020, 10:14 PM) *
It's just banter. Trust me... newres will be fine. Only the good die young. That's why your still here Sir Will!🤣

In all seriousness just rest up and hope you and the family remian well.

Be safe chaps.. and if you cant be safe..buy a pram.

Better tell HM to have the telegram boy on standby then. laugh.gif laugh.gif Having received Boris's billet-doux on dealing with the virus I am thinking that "was an awful lot of expenditure for a basic information leaflet", but at least no one can now plead ignorance. Still seeing groups, albeit small, wandering about enjoying the warm weather but not a single police car.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Yesterday, 06:43 PM
Post #209

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 8 2020, 06:05 PM) *
Better tell HM to have the telegram boy on standby then. laugh.gif laugh.gif Having received Boris's billet-doux on dealing with the virus I am thinking that "was an awful lot of expenditure for a basic information leaflet", but at least no one can now plead ignorance. Still seeing groups, albeit small, wandering about enjoying the warm weather but not a single police car.

My pet hate is the number of people who have now decided to become runners, when they obviously have not done so in years.. I see more joggers than walkers these days.. time for a Paris type no exercise outside rule soon.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Yesterday, 08:54 PM
Post #210

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 8 2020, 07:43 PM) *
My pet hate is the number of people who have now decided to become runners, when they obviously have not done so in years.. I see more joggers than walkers these days.. time for a Paris type no exercise outside rule soon.

It will come because it has too. If only the stupid sods would realise that it is going to bugger everyone's chance to get out for an hour, if only to get some food. But of course the selfish have no concept of altruism.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Today, 07:37 PM
Post #211

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 8 2020, 09:54 PM) *
It will come because it has too. If only the stupid sods would realise that it is going to bugger everyone's chance to get out for an hour, if only to get some food. But of course the selfish have no concept of altruism.

I wished someone would invent a taser that auto deploys if someone comes within 2 metres of you....😂

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Today, 09:11 PM
Post #212

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 9 2020, 08:37 PM) *
I wished someone would invent a taser that auto deploys if someone comes within 2 metres of you....😂

You have hit upon the problem that I have with the present government directive. According the HMG I can go out for a walk with my family. Now if my family has say 5 members then we take up all of the pavement. Single person travelling in opposite direction needs to step into the road to pass anyway before a six foot distance is implemented. He is then run over by a car which, because of the reduction in traffic, is travelling at terminal velocity. If your name is on the list you are going to get your papers.

Both Tesco, (London Rd), and Sainsbury's had queues snaking round the car parks today. Came back home empty handed so will try again tomorrow in the hope that they will all travel off to the coast/hills/somewhere else despite what is being asked.

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: SirWilliam

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th April 2020 - 09:17 PM