> HSBC ATM at Waitrose withdrawn, Now replaced by a generic type
gel
post May 6 2015, 10:20 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 337

NO HSBC ATM at top of town now

What a shame that HSBC or Waitrose? have discontinued with the HSBC ATM in the wall
there.
A generic type machine now installed.

Used since store opened and far easier to park there than at the main branch near Camp Hopson.
Not quite sure if HSBC would have paid Waitrose a rent or not, but for those of us on Northern side of town was handy, as HSBC customers could also do account transfers etc.

I'm old enough to remember when they had one when Chieveley M/Way Services was opened; that's long gone too. sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 6 2015, 10:30 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Interesting one that. I suppose it's too much to ask for a generic 'all in' machine for all banks and all the electronic transactions they offer. Then again, the development of the online services leads them to suspect that all we need 'machine' access for is to collect physical cash or pay in declining numbers of cheques / cash. Changing face of retail banking. And, of course, as we are being encouraged to pay even trifling sums by 'contactless' cards with a limited maximum we won't even need much cash in the future.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
CrackerJack
post May 6 2015, 02:10 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,554

It's the start of HSBC's move out of the country I tell ya....... you'd think they'd at least wait until the Election results are out...

+Quote Post
gel
post May 7 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (CrackerJack @ May 6 2015, 02:10 PM) *
It's the start of HSBC's move out of the country I tell ya....... you'd think they'd at least wait until the Election results are out...

Yes, see they're considering hiving off UK, and resurrecting Midland Bank monica.

With vast majority of their revenue from outside UK, seems blatantly unfair that the levy attached to
Banks should be levied on worldwide t/over, not just UK.
Millipede will likely make it far worse.

Have raised ATM withdrawal with HSBC HO, and their response is that the absent functions on a non HSBC ATM,
can be catered for using a smart phone. sad.gif But what about those who don't have/ are nervous about on line fraud?
Their suggestion if unhappy, was to contact the Financial Ombudsman; don't think so.

Always seems a busy ATM to me.

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post May 7 2015, 08:44 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

QUOTE (gel @ May 7 2015, 06:41 PM) *
Yes, see they're considering hiving off UK, and resurrecting Midland Bank monica.

With vast majority of their revenue from outside UK, seems blatantly unfair that the levy attached to
Banks should be levied on worldwide t/over, not just UK.
Millipede will likely make it far worse.

Have raised ATM withdrawal with HSBC HO, and their response is that the absent functions on a non HSBC ATM,
can be catered for using a smart phone. sad.gif But what about those who don't have/ are nervous about on line fraud?
Their suggestion if unhappy, was to contact the Financial Ombudsman; don't think so.

Always seems a busy ATM to me.

But what percentage are HSBC customers who used to benefit from the extra functionality? Indeed some may have been inconvenienced by someone doing all their banking transactions and had to wait to withdraw their cash.

+Quote Post
gel
post May 15 2015, 03:32 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Clarification:

Update from Waitrose HO today which explains that HSBC policy is to remove all their ATM's from 3rd
party locations.

Strange HSBC never volunteered that when I complained.

+Quote Post
motormad
post Jun 6 2015, 02:11 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 592

They probably wouldn't admit that.

If you need to do transfers, etc, from mobile or web banking.
As long as the cash point is free, that's all that matters?

--------------------
:p
Grammar: the difference between knowing your poop and knowing you're poop.

+Quote Post
gel
post Jun 6 2015, 02:33 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Unfortunately new one doesn't have option for balance transfers, mini statements.

When travelling I used to find it handy in Irish Republic, that HSBC had ATM's in M + S branches- -also in Scottish airports, as they have no branches in Ireland/ Scotland.

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Jun 7 2015, 08:31 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

QUOTE (gel @ Jun 6 2015, 03:33 PM) *
Unfortunately new one doesn't have option for balance transfers, mini statements.

When travelling I used to find it handy in Irish Republic, that HSBC had ATM's in M + S branches- -also in Scottish airports, as they have no branches in Ireland/ Scotland.

But presumably the old one did not have those facilities for the Waitrose customers that banked with anyone but the HSBC group.

+Quote Post
JaneGibbs
post Jun 8 2015, 06:16 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,817

As a regular visitor to Waitrose I was disappointed that the ATM was withdrawn. Of course one can get cash back when paying at the till.

+Quote Post
gel
post Jun 8 2015, 07:09 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JaneGibbs @ Jun 8 2015, 07:16 PM) *
As a regular visitor to Waitrose I was disappointed that the ATM was withdrawn. Of course one can get cash back when paying at the till.

No, there's still one there wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 9 2015, 03:59 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (gel @ Jun 8 2015, 08:09 PM) *
No, there's still one there wink.gif

Really? I use Waitrose and I haven't seen it, but then again I never saw the one that was removed either laugh.gif

+Quote Post
The Hatter
post Jun 14 2015, 07:54 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,046

They seem to be making all the cash machines just basic functions these days. The one outside at NatWest in Newbury doesn't accept cheques to pay in any more. It would have been useful yesterday as the branch was closed.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 14 2015, 06:35 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (The Hatter @ Jun 14 2015, 08:54 AM) *
They seem to be making all the cash machines just basic functions these days. The one outside at NatWest in Newbury doesn't accept cheques to pay in any more. It would have been useful yesterday as the branch was closed.

An interesting observation! The bank's tried to abolish cheques a little while back; but the backlash made that a tad difficult. Perhaps this is part of a more gradual approach.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:13 AM