Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why do Chav-types have to behave SO badly, Verbal outbursts and abuse
Chesapeake
post Nov 3 2010, 02:38 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 205

Why is it that young chav-type people feel the need to verbally abuse their victims in such a public display of aggression?

I parked up in Newbury Retail Park today to have a nice quiet coffee with my 16yr old daughter in M&S. We got out of the car and were almost imediately approached by a young female who shouted at me "Did you just call me a biatch". My daughter and I were obviously taken a back and I replied in surprise "No" that I hadn't done anything of the sort. She then told me that I had and that I had cut a corner in my car and called her a "biatch"! I then realised that she had been in a souped-up car that had sped down the outer drive-area that runs between Curry's and Homebase. I again told her that I had not called her anything and asked her if I looked or sounded like someone who would do such a thing. She then gave me a long tirade of abuse and bad language calling me an effing biatch and a stuck-up cow. I was totally dumbfounded and I walked away as she was very frightening.

Even if I had cut the corner (which I hadn't) there was no need for such behaviour on her part and it struck me that "Chavs" seem to think that it is totally acceptable to behave in such a way. Most 'normal' peope wouldn't dream of doing such a thing so why do Chavs think they have the God-given right to do so?

I wish now that I had called her a biatch because at least then my abuse would have at least had a smidgen of justification.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 3 2010, 02:43 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

You might not think it now, but you did the right thing.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Nov 3 2010, 02:58 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 3 2010, 02:43 PM) *
You might not think it now, but you did the right thing.

Why do you say that?

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Nov 3 2010, 02:59 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

You'll find, that like most bullies, as so as you confront such types they crap their draws.

+Quote Post
HJD
post Nov 3 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 322

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Nov 3 2010, 02:38 PM) *
Why is it that young chav-type people feel the need to verbally abuse their victims in such a public display of aggression?
Most 'normal' peope wouldn't dream of doing such a thing so why do Chavs think they have the God-given right to do so?

I wish now that I had called her a biatch because at least then my abuse would have at least had a smidgen of justification.

Oviously that poor young lady has had a bad upbringing & we should all feel very sorry for her. dry.gif
Don't dwell on it Chesapeake you did the right thing to rise above it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 3 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Nov 3 2010, 02:58 PM) *
Why do you say that?

Because any other reaction probably would have made things worse, and Chesapeake might have regretted doing so. In time Chesapeake will forget this incident and at least Chesapeake didn't have to stoop as low as the person she was confronted by.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Nov 3 2010, 03:37 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (HJD @ Nov 3 2010, 03:20 PM) *
Oviously that poor young lady has had a bad upbringing & we should all feel very sorry for her. dry.gif
Don't dwell on it Chesapeake you did the right thing to rise above it. smile.gif

We should not have to be subjected to these foul mouth bullies and yobs. She was right not to provoke a physical attack but she should have taken the yobs car number and gone round the police station and made a formal complaint for threatening and abusive behaviour.
Allowing this sort of selfish, threatening and wholly unacceptable behaviour to become commonplace is wrong and should not be tolerated.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Nov 3 2010, 03:39 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 3 2010, 03:33 PM) *
Because any other reaction probably would have made things worse, and Chesapeake might have regretted doing so. In time Chesapeake will forget this incident and at least Chesapeake didn't have to stoop as low as the person she was confronted by.

Yes and I agree that had she protested she could have been assaulted. She should have reported the incident to the police though.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 3 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Nov 3 2010, 03:39 PM) *
Yes and I agree that had she protested she could have been assaulted. She should have reported the incident to the police though.

Yes, it is so irritating that people like those can go about their business behaving like that. I suspect they will get their comeuppance one day.

+Quote Post
Blake
post Nov 3 2010, 03:47 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 75

I am sorry to hear you had to suffer this creature.

It is possible the chav was caught on CCTV. I would have no hesitation in reporting her to the Police. You never know who may be the next victim or that there is some other hostile intent here.

Still, hopefully soon with the changes to housing benefit and other benefit cuts, our towns could soon be de-chaved...let's hope it happens decisively.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Nov 3 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Blake @ Nov 3 2010, 03:47 PM) *
Still, hopefully soon with the changes to housing benefit and other benefit cuts, our towns could soon be de-chaved...let's hope it happens decisively.

Yeah - they'll all be feral gangs living in the woods instead.

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Nov 3 2010, 04:03 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 205

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Nov 3 2010, 03:37 PM) *
We should not have to be subjected to these foul mouth bullies and yobs. She was right not to provoke a physical attack but she should have taken the yobs car number and gone round the police station and made a formal complaint for threatening and abusive behaviour.
Allowing this sort of selfish, threatening and wholly unacceptable behaviour to become commonplace is wrong and should not be tolerated.

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Nov 3 2010, 03:39 PM) *

I WAS quite shaken up by the whole incident and an elderly couple who saw the whole thing were also amazed and shaken by her behaviour. My daughter did, however, persuade me to report it to the police. Funnily enough I actually knew the person who took my call (he is a Special Constable for TVP) and he took down her description, her car registration number and the description of the man she was with in the car and a description of the small child who was with her. He told me that he would report it to the relevant team and that they would catch up with her and give her a good "talking to". I hope that they do. There is a CCTV camera right where it all happened just outside Currys, it's just a shame that they do not have microphones as well!

In my youth I would have challenged her but as I get older my confidence gets smaller and I have become, perhaps, more sensible. I am sure that she would not have approached me if I had been a 6ft tall and 6ft wide man. These Chavs seem to enjoy their intimidating behaviour and I wish that TVP would adopt a "Zero Tolerance" policy to reduce the ever increasing crime wave that seems to be hitting Newbury.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Nov 3 2010, 04:20 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Nov 3 2010, 04:03 PM) *
I WAS quite shaken up by the whole incident and an elderly couple who saw the whole thing were also amazed and shaken by her behaviour. My daughter did, however, persuade me to report it to the police. Funnily enough I actually knew the person who took my call (he is a Special Constable for TVP) and he took down her description, her car registration number and the description of the man she was with in the car and a description of the small child who was with her. He told me that he would report it to the relevant team and that they would catch up with her and give her a good "talking to". I hope that they do. There is a CCTV camera right where it all happened just outside Currys, it's just a shame that they do not have microphones as well!

In my youth I would have challenged her but as I get older my confidence gets smaller and I have become, perhaps, more sensible. I am sure that she would not have approached me if I had been a 6ft tall and 6ft wide man. These Chavs seem to enjoy their intimidating behaviour and I wish that TVP would adopt a "Zero Tolerance" policy to reduce the ever increasing crime wave that seems to be hitting Newbury.

Great, well done for reporting it and well done for avoiding being assaulted.
I too hope that a zero tolerance approach be adopted by the police for this sort of behaviour.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Ozzy
post Nov 3 2010, 04:28 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 649

I was shocked by something that happened in my local pharmacy the other day. My wife and daughter were just leaving when an elderly lady was entering the door. She was having some difficulty and wasn't quite able to hold the door for the people coming next through the door. The lout coming after her proceeded to call her an ugly C word! I was speechless!

What is worrying is that these people are the future of our country.

Sooner or later we will all be depending on them to keep everything going.

+Quote Post
Bofem
post Nov 3 2010, 05:18 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 924

QUOTE (Ozzy @ Nov 3 2010, 04:28 PM) *
What is worrying is that these people are the future of our country.

Are we on about class or manners? We've had the former since Roman times, any affront on manners is often from cultural misunderstanding. She may believe she behaved honestly and was to the point....

--------------------
Newbury's #1 ill-informed internet poster

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 3 2010, 05:30 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Nov 3 2010, 02:38 PM) *

I parked up in Newbury Retail Park today to have a nice quiet coffee with my 16yr old daughter in M&S. We got out of the car and were almost imediately approached by a young female who shouted at me "Did you just call me a biatch". My daughter and I were obviously taken a back and I replied in surprise "No" that I hadn't done anything of the sort. She then told me that I had and that I had cut a corner in my car and called her a "biatch"! I then realised that she had been in a souped-up car that had sped down the outer drive-area that runs between Curry's and Homebase. I again told her that I had not called her anything and asked her if I looked or sounded like someone who would do such a thing. She then gave me a long tirade of abuse and bad language calling me an effing biatch and a stuck-up cow. I was totally dumbfounded and I walked away as she was very frightening.

Even if I had cut the corner (which I hadn't) there was no need for such behaviour on her part and it struck me that "Chavs" seem to think that it is totally acceptable to behave in such a way. Most 'normal' peope wouldn't dream of doing such a thing so why do Chavs think they have the God-given right to do so?

By the sound of it she was a bitch. You should have took her number and notified the police... not that they would have done anything.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 3 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bofem @ Nov 3 2010, 05:18 PM) *
Are we on about class or manners? We've had the former since Roman times, any affront on manners is often from cultural misunderstanding. She may believe she behaved honestly and was to the point....

From your point of view she probably was behaving 'honestly'.

+Quote Post
Jayjay
post Nov 3 2010, 05:33 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 357

When I was much younger you would be chastised by people in the street. If you parents found out, you were more likely than not to get a clipped ear. You therefore learned from a very young age to behave and have respect for people. Nowadays that rarely happens.

The other night on the coach replacement for the train, a young man was sick over the rail in front of him which had three steps leading to the toilet! They then moved to the rear of the coach and was sick over the seats. I did tell the driver who attempted to get the costs of cleaning out of them, but as usual they claimed the did not speak english. We did stay with the driver in case these people turned on him. I think we need to be prepared to step in when someone is being abused. I am sure Chesapeake would have been confident and less frightened if she knew the people standing around were prepared to intervene.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 3 2010, 05:36 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Jayjay @ Nov 3 2010, 05:33 PM) *
When I was much younger you would be chastised by people in the street.

When you were younger they were probably hanged laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
Jayjay
post Nov 3 2010, 05:38 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 357

QUOTE (GMR @ Nov 3 2010, 05:36 PM) *
When you were younger they were probably hanged laugh.gif wink.gif

or sent to the colonies. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:09 AM