Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ATMs at Sainsburys
lordtup
post Jul 23 2009, 03:52 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 164

I have just used the recently re-positioned cash machine at Sainsbury's and would like to draw everyone's ( including Sainsburys ) attention to the poor positioning.
It is situated on the narrow walk way alongside the building which means not only are you in full view of all and sundry but also at the mercy of the shopping trolley being wheeled back and forth.
I have no wish to implant ideas, but a grab and run scenario is waiting to happen.
What is wrong with having the machine in the store or foyer,after all they are open most of the day.

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Jul 23 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 205

I totally agree with you that it would have been much better if they had positioned the ATM's inside the store.

The year before last (just before Christmas) I noticed that over £900 had been taken out of my bank account at the beginning of December. We found that the only possible way that they could have got my card details was when we had withdrown £10 from Sainsbury's cash machine. On doing a little investigation we discovered that there had been a spate of "devices" being found on Sainsbury's cash machines. Complained to Sainsbury's but got nowhere as the cash machines are apprently not their responsibility! They had been using my card all over the world to gamble and had also had tried to withdraw £500, fortunately I had already contacted my bank.

I asked my bank why they had not noticed suspicious use and they replied that it was MY money so therefore not down to them to monitor it's use but if it had been a credit card then it would have been THEIR money and so they monitor usage closely. Their advice was to never use street cash machines especially those attached to supermarkets and to only use bank cash machines that are inside the foyers.

Sainsbury's please at least put machines inside your shop as well as outside? They are so much safer for your VALUED customers.

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Jul 23 2009, 04:26 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 37

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Jul 23 2009, 05:22 PM) *
I totally agree with you that it would have been much better if they had positioned the ATM's inside the store.

Sainsbury's please at least put machines inside your shop as well as outside? They are so much safer for your VALUED customers.

There is one inside Sainsbury's - built into the wall on the east side of the store (although it was out of order this morning).

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Jul 23 2009, 04:33 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Jul 23 2009, 05:22 PM) *

The year before last (just before Christmas) I noticed that over £900 had been taken out of my bank account at the beginning of December. We found that the only possible way that they could have got my card details was when we had withdrown £10 from Sainsbury's cash machine. On doing a little investigation we discovered that there had been a spate of "devices" being found on Sainsbury's cash machines. Complained to Sainsbury's but got nowhere as the cash machines are apprently not their responsibility! They had been using my card all over the world to gamble and had also had tried to withdraw £500, fortunately I had already contacted my bank.

I asked my bank why they had not noticed suspicious use and they replied that it was MY money so therefore not down to them to monitor it's use but if it had been a credit card then it would have been THEIR money and so they monitor usage closely. Their advice was to never use street cash machines especially those attached to supermarkets and to only use bank cash machines that are inside the foyers.

My wife has just pointed out that the machines in question have "Sainsburys Bank" emblazoned across them,so if they are not their responsibility,whose is it ?

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Jul 23 2009, 04:50 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (lordtup @ Jul 23 2009, 05:33 PM) *
My wife has just pointed out that the machines in question have "Sainsburys Bank" emblazoned across them,so if they are not their responsibility,whose is it ?

Got this from Wikipedia..........Sainsbury's Bank, now trading as Sainsbury's Finance, is a 50:50 joint venture between J Sainsbury (a leading UK food retailer) and Bank of Scotland (a subsidiary of Lloyds Banking Group). Sainsbury’s was the first major British supermarket to open a bank, commencing trading in February 1997. It operates under its own banking license issued by the FSA, separate from Bank of Scotland and Lloyds Banking Group............... So, I presume that the supermarket meant that its Sainsbury's Finance responsibility to maintain the ATM's not theirs!

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Jul 23 2009, 05:12 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Jul 23 2009, 05:50 PM) *
Got this from Wikipedia..........Sainsbury's Bank, now trading as Sainsbury's Finance, is a 50:50 joint venture between J Sainsbury (a leading UK food retailer) and Bank of Scotland (a subsidiary of Lloyds Banking Group). Sainsbury’s was the first major British supermarket to open a bank, commencing trading in February 1997. It operates under its own banking license issued by the FSA, separate from Bank of Scotland and Lloyds Banking Group............... So, I presume that the supermarket meant that its Sainsbury's Finance responsibility to maintain the ATM's not theirs!

Then they all got in on the act, Tesco - RBS? and even the Post Office with the BoI - soon took my money out of there as things started going downhill, oh dear, yes,

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 23 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

A lot of thought goes into positioning such items; obviously the thought bit process wasn't ticking correctly at the time it was needed to be engaged. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Jul 23 2009, 06:56 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Even a profit making machine like Sainsbury's???

+Quote Post
Jamoza
post Jul 23 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (Hugh Saskin @ Jul 23 2009, 07:56 PM) *
Even a profit making machine like Sainsbury's???

Sainsbury's cash machines are FREE to use

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 23 2009, 07:21 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Jamoza @ Jul 23 2009, 08:16 PM) *
Sainsbury's cash machines are FREE to use

Every time I use one, I notice money leaves my current account!

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Jul 23 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 23 2009, 08:21 PM) *

Nice one, Iommi

+Quote Post
Jamoza
post Jul 23 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 23 2009, 08:21 PM) *

laugh.gif i did put FREE to use, not FREE money

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 23 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Jamoza @ Jul 23 2009, 09:22 PM) *
laugh.gif i did put FREE to use, not FREE money

That's what I mean, every time I use one, it takes money out of my account! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 23 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 23 2009, 10:24 PM) *
That's what I mean, every time I use one, it takes money out of my account! tongue.gif

Can't you have an account where it puts money in? wink.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 23 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 23 2009, 10:36 PM) *

I ain't had one of them for years.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 23 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 23 2009, 10:45 PM) *
I ain't had one of them for years.

I know what you mean laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Jul 24 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 23 2009, 10:36 PM) *

I was kind of hoping that the thieves who were gambling with my money would be a bit 'simple' and any winning that they had wouold be paid straight back into MY account. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 24 2009, 10:50 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Jul 24 2009, 11:10 AM) *
I was kind of hoping that the thieves who were gambling with my money would be a bit 'simple' and any winning that they had wouold be paid straight back into MY account. laugh.gif

Thre are a lot of simple folks out there so maybe it could happen.... one day laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Jul 25 2009, 08:36 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Hugh Saskin @ Jul 23 2009, 05:26 PM) *
There is one inside Sainsbury's - built into the wall on the east side of the store (although it was out of order this morning).

Saturday update - not only is it out of order - it has gone, just a dirty floor to show where it once was. Time to lay in a stock of 99p umbrellas for when we're queueing in the rain to use the outside ones

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Jul 25 2009, 01:20 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Hugh Saskin @ Jul 25 2009, 09:36 AM) *
Saturday update - not only is it out of order - it has gone, just a dirty floor to show where it once was. Time to lay in a stock of 99p umbrellas for when we're queueing in the rain to use the outside ones

I would never have thought of that.Clever little blighters these supermarket managers.

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:33 PM