Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hermitage Garrison Now in Covid19 Fight, 77th Brigade
gel
post May 5 2020, 09:24 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 337

The Cyber Warriors in Hermitage joining the fight against mis information.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1277906/c...n-army-covid-19
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mr Brown
post May 5 2020, 05:43 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,072

QUOTE (gel @ May 5 2020, 10:24 AM) *
The Cyber Warriors in Hermitage joining the fight against mis information.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1277906/c...n-army-covid-19

One of the key points will be to ensure that the data definition and source are absolutely reliable, day on day. This would then stop the distortionists. Statistics are pointless unless you can accurately report like against like. As I write, we are being told we have the highest death toll in Europe, may be the case BUT what are we and they counting? The greater the difference in definition / source the less value even for trend analysis.

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post May 5 2020, 08:29 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ May 5 2020, 06:43 PM) *
One of the key points will be to ensure that the data definition and source are absolutely reliable, day on day. This would then stop the distortionists. Statistics are pointless unless you can accurately report like against like. As I write, we are being told we have the highest death toll in Europe, may be the case BUT what are we and they counting? The greater the difference in definition / source the less value even for trend analysis.

Speaking as a qualified statistician and member of the Royal Statistical Society I couldn't agree with you more. There is no point comparing apples with pears or indeed any other fruit. Per capita measures are a good place to start but there are other factors to take into account as well. The John Hopkins University dashboards are a relatively unbiased source in terms of presenting the currently available global Covid data.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 6 2020, 05:20 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ May 5 2020, 09:29 PM) *
Speaking as a qualified statistician and member of the Royal Statistical Society I couldn't agree with you more. There is no point comparing apples with pears or indeed any other fruit. Per capita measures are a good place to start but there are other factors to take into account as well. The John Hopkins University dashboards are a relatively unbiased source in terms of presenting the currently available global Covid data.

Indeed. The really sad thing is if appears that some people actually want more and more people to die in order to further a political agenda. Sure the government have been far from perfect and the time for recriminations will come. Now is not it though.

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post May 6 2020, 04:29 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 6 2020, 06:20 AM) *
Sure the government have been far from perfect and the time for recriminations will come. Now is not it though.

Again, I am in absolute agreement. What we do now and next is the most important thing.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 6 2020, 04:46 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ May 6 2020, 05:29 PM) *
Again, I am in absolute agreement. What we do now and next is the most important thing.

Quite a lot of the twitterati are begging there followers to not download the tracing APP and are actively if successful going to contribute to further deaths that they will then blame the government for...crazy cat lady for one and she has 500k followers..

https://mobile.twitter.com/carolecadwalla/s...579600986755072

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:46 AM