IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

34 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Donald Trump, I sought of hope he wins...
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 22 2016, 08:10 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

Not long now till the Donald becomes leader of the free world.
Must be 20 million yanks who are going to vote for him but won't say they are. Reminds me a bit of the Brexit vote.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Sep 23 2016, 07:30 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

Well it's either him or Hillary's replacement because if she gets elected she won't be in Office for long. The REAL people in power twitching her strings all this time will soon realise they've got to bring in a new puppet as they want to control her strings, but it's going to be increasingly the Parkinson's Disease that will be dictating her twitching..

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Sep 23 2016, 09:04 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

Such is America politics, I don't really care who wins; American democracy works differently to ours.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Sep 23 2016, 09:34 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Sep 23 2016, 10:04 AM) *
Such is America politics, I don't really care who wins; American democracy works differently to ours.

So you believe that whoever gets to be president has zero effect on the rest of the world? Personally, I am mightily worried about what could happen if Trump wins.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Sep 23 2016, 11:36 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (JeffG @ Sep 23 2016, 10:34 AM) *
So you believe that whoever gets to be president has zero effect on the rest of the world? Personally, I am mightily worried about what could happen if Trump wins.

You have grossly exaggerated what I posted. Their democracy means the president has a more challenging time with legislation.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Sep 23 2016, 02:09 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Sep 23 2016, 12:36 PM) *
You have grossly exaggerated what I posted. Their democracy means the president has a more challenging time with legislation.

Well, I suppose if you go down that route, then there is not much point in having a president in the first place. How about executive powers? The president can veto any legislation.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Oct 9 2016, 03:59 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Tonight's presidential debate should be a corker. 2am on the News Channel, for those who want to record it.

(And an update on my previous post - I have since found out that congress can overturn the presidential veto. That hardly makes it a veto, then, does it?)

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 9 2016, 05:14 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Oct 9 2016, 04:59 PM) *
Tonight's presidential debate should be a corker. 2am on the News Channel, for those who want to record it.

(And an update on my previous post - I have since found out that congress can overturn the presidential veto. That hardly makes it a veto, then, does it?)

Indeed any president can be a lame duck. See Obamacare. Whats so wrong about the us elections is that you have to be a billionaire to run... Which gives you a pool of less than 500 people... And then you end up with Clinton v Trump. If "none of the above" was bottom on the ballot I expect it would win!

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Oct 9 2016, 08:06 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

Indeed... a pity Richard Pryor has snuffed it otherwise he would be great on the chat show circuit re-enacting his Brewster's Millions role. If ever there was a time when the 'None of the Above Party' would be guaranteed a shoe-in it's now...

+Quote Post
newres
post Oct 9 2016, 08:38 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (spartacus @ Oct 9 2016, 09:06 PM) *
Indeed... a pity Richard Pryor has snuffed it otherwise he would be great on the chat show circuit re-enacting his Brewster's Millions role. If ever there was a time when the 'None of the Above Party' would be guaranteed a shoe-in it's now...

There is a third candidate if people don't want Clinton or Trump.

http://www.politics1.com/p2016.htm

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Oct 9 2016, 08:41 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (spartacus @ Oct 9 2016, 09:06 PM) *

Yep! Isn't it a shame we don't hear so much about the brain drain these days, after all we have some top notch political leaders who could be looking for gainful employment, Tony Blair for starters.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Oct 20 2016, 09:47 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

I have to say that the train wreck that is currently masquerading as the USA presidential election is at once hilarious yet at the same time very deeply disturbing. Two more odious people simply don't exist and to think one of them will be the leader of the most powerful nation on earth is, quite frankly rather worrying.

If I was an American I would go hide in shame! tongue.gif

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 20 2016, 10:07 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Oct 20 2016, 10:47 PM) *
I have to say that the train wreck that is currently masquerading as the USA presidential election is at once hilarious yet at the same time very deeply disturbing. Two more odious people simply don't exist and to think one of them will be the leader of the most powerful nation on earth is, quite frankly rather worrying.

If I was an American I would go hide in shame! tongue.gif

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN12I20S

About somes it up!!!

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Oct 21 2016, 04:46 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

Maybe it's time to take away the democratic vote from the bumbling Americans and install a dictatorship in it's place!
Seems to work elsewhere! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Nov 2 2016, 10:38 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

My prediction. Trump wins. Gets assasinated by a gay mexican woman before he takes office. You think im joking!!!

+Quote Post
newres
post Nov 3 2016, 06:59 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Oct 21 2016, 04:46 AM) *
Maybe it's time to take away the democratic vote from the bumbling Americans and install a dictatorship in it's place!
Seems to work elsewhere! tongue.gif

Following Brexit I think it should happen here too. Is it a coincidence that the most vociferous Brexiteers support Trump?

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Nov 3 2016, 09:55 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Nov 3 2016, 06:59 AM) *
Following Brexit I think it should happen here too. Is it a coincidence that the most vociferous Brexiteers support Trump?

Do they? Who in particular? I didn't think there was anyone outside the US and Russia that supported Trump.

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Nov 3 2016, 12:49 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (JeffG @ Nov 3 2016, 09:55 AM) *
Do they? Who in particular? I didn't think there was anyone outside the US and Russia that supported Trump.

Nigel Farage is the obvious one - appearing with Trump at one of his rallies - but I haven't noticed any Trump promostion from Gove, Johnson, Davies, etc.

+Quote Post
newres
post Nov 3 2016, 01:55 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE (blackdog @ Nov 3 2016, 12:49 PM) *
Nigel Farage is the obvious one - appearing with Trump at one of his rallies - but I haven't noticed any Trump promostion from Gove, Johnson, Davies, etc.

You wouldn't expect members of the government to declare an allegiance. I was thinking more those on here, Facebok, the streets.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Nov 3 2016, 02:19 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Yes I forgot Farage, but he is a bit of a maverick anyway. I've not heard of, or come across, anyone else, who doesn't treat Trump with derision.

+Quote Post

34 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
9 User(s) are reading this topic (9 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:23 PM