> Hatchet inn
Andy Capp
post Aug 1 2011, 02:38 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Rosewinelover @ Aug 1 2011, 01:53 PM) *
Do you really see lots children in pubs? Maybe it's just me but the only time I see them in a pub it's day time, not evening. In the daytime I do not go out drinking so it doesn't bother me. I find it more disturbing trying to eat a evening meal at a resturant with children allowed to stay up casuing havoc.

I try to avoid 'family' pubs.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 1 2011, 04:29 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

I expect to see children in places like Wethersoons because they do promote families coming in (wrongly in my opinion). I also expect to see them in Pizza Hut for the same reason, if that is the clientele they want then so be it. Just don't go there if you don't like it. I have a problem however when people bring their kids into places where it is clearly not, such as for a comparison, the King Charles Tavern and Pizza Express. The problem with kids in pubs is not so much their behaviour either, a pub is an adult environment and you should free to be able to swear, talk about adult topics, and maybe even gamble. Having kids resent makes it uncomfortable to do these things.

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Aug 2 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 966

QUOTE (Strafin @ Aug 1 2011, 05:29 PM) *
I expect to see children in places like Wethersoons because they do promote families coming in (wrongly in my opinion). I also expect to see them in Pizza Hut for the same reason, if that is the clientele they want then so be it. Just don't go there if you don't like it. I have a problem however when people bring their kids into places where it is clearly not, such as for a comparison, the King Charles Tavern and Pizza Express. The problem with kids in pubs is not so much their behaviour either, a pub is an adult environment and you should free to be able to swear, talk about adult topics, and maybe even gamble. Having kids resent makes it uncomfortable to do these things.

Pizza Express - Really? They do childrens menus and parties so you would expect children in there....

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 2 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Oh well, perhaps I'm getting too old but I remember staying with my Aunt in Lambeth, many years ago. If it was raining, my cousin and I would be ushered in and pushed behind the piano, given our shandy and crisps and told to tell anyone who asked that we lived there. Thick smoke, music and noise, but not a squeak from us kids!!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 3 2011, 07:10 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rosewinelover @ Aug 2 2011, 03:21 PM) *
Pizza Express - Really? They do childrens menus and parties so you would expect children in there....

I have never seen either of those things but don't go there that regularly, I was trying to come up with a Pizza Hut comparison. Perhaps I should have used Strada?

+Quote Post
CBW137Y
post Aug 3 2011, 08:04 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 223

QUOTE (Strafin @ Aug 3 2011, 08:10 PM) *
I have never seen either of those things but don't go there that regularly, I was trying to come up with a Pizza Hut comparison. Perhaps I should have used Strada?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Strada recently hosted a seven year olds birthday party tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 3 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Well that's my point, had I been in there I would have complained and left. If I had already ordered I would have cancelled, settled up for what I had already consumed and never gone back. Why would a 7 year old want a party at Strada in the first place?

+Quote Post
CBW137Y
post Aug 3 2011, 09:15 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 223

QUOTE (Strafin @ Aug 3 2011, 10:13 PM) *
Well that's my point, had I been in there I would have complained and left. If I had already ordered I would have cancelled, settled up for what I had already consumed and never gone back. Why would a 7 year old want a party at Strada in the first place?

I think it was probably the parents flashing the cash to be fair. Anyway....sorry......leading away from the main topic a smidge.

+Quote Post
Vodabury
post Aug 6 2011, 08:24 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,124

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jul 30 2011, 10:55 AM) *
And that's where the problem starts. Bloody kids in pubs.

Surely there are enough pubs in Newbury to enable a few to be family-friendly? If the problem for you is badly behaved young kids running amok in a pub (or any venue) then they and their parents/carers should be asked to leave.

And I agree with others that young children should not be in a pub, say, after 7pm.

But as they get into their teens, I would rather see kids having a meal in a pub with their parents, as opposed to getting plastered on cheap supermarket booze on a park bench with their mates.... and causing real problems.

Rgds

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:43 PM