> Cheap labour post Brexit
Turin Machine
post Oct 17 2017, 12:41 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (newres @ Oct 17 2017, 01:34 PM) *
Inflation at its highest now for 5 years. Winter is coming!

Good Oh! Start getting some returns on investments at last. And pension to rise by 3%. Good times a coming.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Oct 17 2017, 01:58 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (newres @ Oct 17 2017, 01:15 PM) *
If they all leave we are going to have a dire labour shortage. Ofcourse the point is that one way or another immigration will stay the same.

Why ? The yoof's of our inner cities are endeavouring to fill the gap as we speak . Obviously it will take a year or two before they are old enough to enter the work place . Seriously though , when the labour force numbers drop those left will benefit through the supply and demand principal . If that 1.5 million drawers of unemployment payment enter the workplace then everyone benefits .
Low pay is better than no pay .

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Oct 17 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Oct 16 2017, 08:24 PM) *
Evidently Tories win Newbury elections by a wide margin yet little polls like the subject show a different view.

The poll says nothing about which party folk would vote for - many/most of those voting 'neither' will still put their X alongside Benyon at the next election.

+Quote Post
newres
post Oct 17 2017, 04:54 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Oct 17 2017, 02:58 PM) *
Why ? The yoof's of our inner cities are endeavouring to fill the gap as we speak . Obviously it will take a year or two before they are old enough to enter the work place . Seriously though , when the labour force numbers drop those left will benefit through the supply and demand principal . If that 1.5 million drawers of unemployment payment enter the workplace then everyone benefits .
Low pay is better than no pay .

That figure is illusory. Many of those will be "between" jobs and many will be long term unemployed. There isn't actually a pool of 1.5 million waiting. Effectively we have full employment. Difficult though it is for you folk to grasp.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Oct 17 2017, 05:29 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Oct 17 2017, 05:54 PM) *
That figure is illusory. Many of those will be "between" jobs and many will be long term unemployed. There isn't actually a pool of 1.5 million waiting. Effectively we have full employment. Difficult though it is for you folk to grasp.

Next time I visit Liverpool I will show them your post . No doubt they will be so impressed they may even let me leave unmolested . wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 17 2017, 06:47 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Oct 17 2017, 06:29 PM) *
Next time I visit Liverpool I will show them your post . No doubt they will be so impressed they may even let me leave unmolested . wink.gif

😂 Some are so anti brexit its akin to a religion. I see the good old Austrians are deviating back to the norm. And Poland and Hungary are not happy. And the French President is already unpopular. And Merkel has a much reduced power base. Oh and the Spanish now have "political prisoners". Better ban spanish wine and fruit methinks. Oh and only go on holiday to Catalonia. After all, its the right thing to do.😂

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Oct 17 2017, 08:39 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 17 2017, 07:47 PM) *
�� Some are so anti brexit its akin to a religion. I see the good old Austrians are deviating back to the norm. And Poland and Hungary are not happy. And the French President is already unpopular. And Merkel has a much reduced power base. Oh and the Spanish now have "political prisoners". Better ban spanish wine and fruit methinks. Oh and only go on holiday to Catalonia. After all, its the right thing to do.��

I'll book some seats on the next rofl copter out there

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Oct 18 2017, 09:59 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 17 2017, 07:47 PM) *
😂 Some are so anti brexit its akin to a religion. I see the good old Austrians are deviating back to the norm. And Poland and Hungary are not happy. And the French President is already unpopular. And Merkel has a much reduced power base. Oh and the Spanish now have "political prisoners". Better ban spanish wine and fruit methinks. Oh and only go on holiday to Catalonia. After all, its the right thing to do.😂

The world needs deviant Austrians , rolleyes.gif Sometimes I think it is best just to take an ambivalent view on the whole thing in the knowledge that life , hopefully , goes on . I still stand by my take that the European Union in it's present and proposed federalist future will not exist in 20 years time . ( Doubt I will either tongue.gif ) We will trade with those who have / want what we need / market and ignore the rest .
It is the nanny state syndrome that is tying us to the status quo . Bit like trying to wean a petulant child off the maternal breast , the longer it goes on the less inclined they are to adapt to proper food .
Personally I wouldn't holiday anywhere that I wasn't welcomed , and that is most of world . biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Oct 18 2017, 11:44 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Oct 18 2017, 10:59 AM) *
The world needs deviant Austrians , rolleyes.gif Sometimes I think it is best just to take an ambivalent view on the whole thing in the knowledge that life , hopefully , goes on . I still stand by my take that the European Union in it's present and proposed federalist future will not exist in 20 years time . ( Doubt I will either tongue.gif ) We will trade with those who have / want what we need / market and ignore the rest .
It is the nanny state syndrome that is tying us to the status quo . Bit like trying to wean a petulant child off the maternal breast , the longer it goes on the less inclined they are to adapt to proper food .
Personally I wouldn't holiday anywhere that I wasn't welcomed , and that is most of world . biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Without wishing to stereotype, judging by your views you won't be around in 20 years to find out whether you were right! wink.gif

Unemployment today at its lowest for 40 years. Where are we going to get 2m people from to replace the EU citizens?

+Quote Post
The Hatter
post Oct 18 2017, 01:05 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,046

QUOTE (newres @ Oct 18 2017, 12:44 PM) *
Without wishing to stereotype, judging by your views you won't be around in 20 years to find out whether you were right! wink.gif

Unemployment today at its lowest for 40 years. Where are we going to get 2m people from to replace the EU citizens?

The government has already said some of them will stay and they've been promised a residency scheme if they do. UK might not need that number anyway as there will be less people to service. There is also a growing number of under 18 year olds that will want to go into the workforce rather than be made to stay in at school. The rise in the pension age means a lot more older people will want to stay in jobs.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Oct 18 2017, 02:13 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (newres @ Oct 18 2017, 12:44 PM) *

Economist yesterday explaining why wages are low said that its because productivity is so low. So, work harder boys, get better wages and, we won't NEED so many workers. Not rocket science.

+Quote Post
newres
post Oct 18 2017, 02:20 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Oct 18 2017, 03:13 PM) *
Economist yesterday explaining why wages are low said that its because productivity is so low. So, work harder boys, get better wages and, we won't NEED so many workers. Not rocket science.

Do you mean an economist was giving his opinion? We've all got one, but facts speak for themselves. We will still need immigrants to do the work.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Oct 18 2017, 02:29 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

Work harder, get better wages, get better jobs and ignore the jobs that pay peanuts (although are jobs that need doing).

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Oct 18 2017, 02:45 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (newres @ Oct 18 2017, 03:20 PM) *
Do you mean an economist was giving his opinion? We've all got one, but facts speak for themselves. We will still need immigrants to do the work.

Rather listen to the opinion of a respected professional in the subject thanks.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Oct 18 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

If you need proof of that viewpoint have you ever observed road workers ? One man digs/repairs the hole , two observe from a respectable distance and the foreman has a mobile glued to his ear . Now before the highways agency employees declare a fatwa on my life I am sure the same applies to other disciplines .
Someone , can't recall who , the other day cited the British worker as lazy compared with their European contemporaries .Now that is a simplistic statement as those who are willing to trek over half a continent to earn a living are hardly likely to be slouches but it does ask a few searching questions of the British ethos .

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Oct 18 2017, 04:22 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Oct 18 2017, 03:45 PM) *
Rather listen to the opinion of a respected professional in the subject thanks.

Experts.. what do they know. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
newres
post Oct 18 2017, 04:23 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Oct 18 2017, 05:13 PM) *
If you need proof of that viewpoint have you ever observed road workers ? One man digs/repairs the hole , two observe from a respectable distance and the foreman has a mobile glued to his ear . Now before the highways agency employees declare a fatwa on my life I am sure the same applies to other disciplines .
Someone , can't recall who , the other day cited the British worker as lazy compared with their European contemporaries .Now that is a simplistic statement as those who are willing to trek over half a continent to earn a living are hardly likely to be slouches but it does ask a few searching questions of the British ethos .

And yet you want to ship home the hard working Europeans! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 18 2017, 04:54 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ Oct 18 2017, 05:23 PM) *

Where has anyone said on this forum that they want to ship home hard working Europeans? Feckless, criminal, benefit and health tourist europeans yes. Hard working. No.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Oct 18 2017, 05:59 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Oct 18 2017, 05:23 PM) *

There is a school of thought that proposes that two people can read the same sentence and interpret it completely differently to what the author intended .
Personally I just think it's all based on the reader's bias . wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Oct 18 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 18 2017, 05:54 PM) *
Where has anyone said on this forum that they want to ship home hard working Europeans? Feckless, criminal, benefit and health tourist europeans yes. Hard working. No.

Do you have statistics on the numbers of these? Every European I come across is as described above by the elderly Sir William - hard working. There is an enormous benefit to the country in taxes from having them here. Think you've been drinking again.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:06 PM