IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A new venture for ladies size 16+ in Newbury.
Simon
post Mar 4 2011, 03:46 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Mar 4 2011, 03:41 PM) *
It is, as the copyright license on the Video would have explained. The DVD created is a pirate copy, regardless of continued use of the video.

No it was HOME movies - ones recorded on a video camera of your family friends ect. There is no copyright on that.

Not that it really matters as he was not getting stick for it being possibly illegal, people were going off on one about this is not the place to advertise your business.

I do not know any of these people but thought i would mention it. I felt sorry for the student at the time as he didnt deserve the remarks he got

Winge over

--------------------
If I ruled the world.......
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Mar 4 2011, 03:49 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

well, you'd have to be pretty daft to be offering to copy any other kind of VHS tapes.

nudge nudge, wink wink...

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 4 2011, 03:51 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Mar 4 2011, 03:49 PM) *
well, you'd have to be pretty daft to be offering to copy any other kind of VHS tapes.

nudge nudge, wink wink...

I thought we were talking about chubbers? rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Simon
post Mar 4 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 4 2011, 03:51 PM) *

A chubber VHS? blink.gif

--------------------
If I ruled the world.......

+Quote Post
pinkfluffyclouds
post Mar 4 2011, 04:42 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 881

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 4 2011, 03:51 PM) *

WOW unbelievable comments form you TDH I am surprised. I am overweight and I do not constantly eat. I have a sandwich or salad for lunch and probably a child's portion for my dinner. I don't eat cakes or chocolate and only have one cup of coffee per day and the rest of the time it is water.

As for you being a smoker YOU STINK literally really stink and the smell of a person who is or has been smoking is one of the worst smells to me and yes I am an EX SMOKER of 5 years and am very proud of that but don't you dare tar all overweight people with the same brush about being obsessive eaters.

I wish this venture good luck.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Mar 4 2011, 04:46 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Simon @ Mar 4 2011, 03:39 PM) *
The student was promoting a service to copy home movies from VHS to DVD - thats not illegal

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Mar 4 2011, 03:41 PM) *
It is, as the copyright license on the Video would have explained. The DVD created is a pirate copy, regardless of continued use of the video.

So if someone copies their home movies from VHS to DVD, they are breaching their own copyright?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 4 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE (pinkfluffyclouds @ Mar 4 2011, 04:42 PM) *
WOW unbelievable comments form you TDH I am surprised. I am overweight and I do not constantly eat. I have a sandwich or salad for lunch and probably a child's portion for my dinner. I don't eat cakes or chocolate and only have one cup of coffee per day and the rest of the time it is water.

As for you being a smoker YOU STINK literally really stink and the smell of a person who is or has been smoking is one of the worst smells to me and yes I am an EX SMOKER of 5 years and am very proud of that but don't you dare tar all overweight people with the same brush about being obsessive eaters.

I wish this venture good luck.

So you eat nothing and are overweight? Interesting. Perhaps you should exercise then? You must be overweight for a reason. As for me stinking. Lovely comments. I expect I don't have BO though like most overweight people.... Perhaps when you smoked you were not overweight and since you have stopped you comfort eat????

I have nothing against you or overweight people. You are just confirming my point that it is better in this 'society' to be an overweight 'chubber' than a 'puffing billy'. And the 'puffing billies' pay through the nose.

+Quote Post
pinkfluffyclouds
post Mar 4 2011, 04:58 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 4 2011, 04:51 PM) *
So you eat nothing and are overweight? Interesting. Perhaps you should exercise then? You must be overweight for a reason. As for me stinking. Lovely comments. I expect I don't have BO though like most overweight people.... Perhaps when you smoked you were not overweight and since you have stopped you comfort eat????

I have nothing against you or overweight people. You are just confirming my point that it is better in this 'society' to be an overweight 'chubber' than a 'puffing billy'. And the 'puffing billies' pay through the nose.

I am actually crippled with arthritis and therefore can not exercise so yes my obesity is down to not exercising... not overeating as you keep assuming !!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 4 2011, 05:14 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (JeffG @ Mar 4 2011, 04:46 PM) *
So if someone copies their home movies from VHS to DVD, they are breaching their own copyright?

No.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 4 2011, 05:15 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon @ Mar 4 2011, 03:39 PM) *
The student was promoting a service to copy home movies from VHS to DVD - thats not illegal

I didn't say it was.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 4 2011, 05:19 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 4 2011, 04:51 PM) *
So you eat nothing and are overweight? Interesting. Perhaps you should exercise then? You must be overweight for a reason.

It's called being a human being, but beyond that, there are conditions like hypothyroidism, HRT, polycystic ovary syndrome , genetics, etc.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 4 2011, 05:19 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE (pinkfluffyclouds @ Mar 4 2011, 04:58 PM) *
I am actually crippled with arthritis and therefore can not exercise so yes my obesity is down to not exercising... not overeating as you keep assuming !!

I don't exercise much and am not overweight... perhaps its just that you have a 'slow metabolism' - thats the normal excuse. Genuinely sorry though about your circumstances with arthritis. I do know how bad that can be.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 4 2011, 05:22 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 4 2011, 05:19 PM) *
I don't exercise much and am not overweight...

...which gives you the moral right to insult people?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 4 2011, 05:23 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Mar 4 2011, 05:22 PM) *
...which gives you the moral right to insult people?

Again. People are always quick to defend the overweight but smokers are treated like pariahs. Just confirming my point Andy Capp.

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Mar 4 2011, 05:28 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (JeffG @ Mar 4 2011, 04:46 PM) *

Not having an encyclopaedic knowledge of every posting since the beginning of time, I bow to those that do......

You can do whatever you like with 'home videos'. I still prefer super-8, myself

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 4 2011, 05:29 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 4 2011, 05:23 PM) *
Again. People are always quick to defend the overweight but smokers are treated like pariahs. Just confirming my point Andy Capp.

No one said anything about smoking until you had already had been rude, and as it happens, smokers do stink. I rarely meet anyone with genuine BO. And one I did recently, was 'skinny'. I stopped smoking because it is expensive , stupid and smells. Not to mention dangerous. I can live without ever smoking a cigarette.

+Quote Post
pinkfluffyclouds
post Mar 4 2011, 05:31 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 4 2011, 05:23 PM) *

I used to be a size 6 and then the arthritis got progressively worse and the exercise less and less and the weight piled on so I have been thin and I am now not nothing I can do about it....... but I chose to smoke that was the difference for me it was my choice as it is yours. I apologise for saying you stink as I am now tarring you with the same brush not all smokers smell of stale cigarettes but you can't insult others when you don't know their circumstances.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Mar 4 2011, 05:34 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Mar 4 2011, 01:08 PM) *
Smokers might be a burden on the NHS, but they pay far more tax than they receive in care. Overweight is more complex than simply being gutty. It is the people that can control their weight that are abnormal. We are programmed to seek food, unfortunately modern living standards conspire against natures will. Meanwhile; even 'overweight' people need clothes to dress too, even if they are on a diet.

Care to back that up with some figures? Unfortunatly those who are stupid enough to smoke suffer from all sorts of health problems far earlier anf for much longer than those of us with the sense not to. Also you cost millions of pounds to clear up after, millions in lost productivity and millions ion damages to property where you make everything stink, and think it is OK to have a crafty one out the window, or in a doorway. The only thing that is good is that natural selections means the stupid people who choose to smoke end up in a box quicker than the rest of us.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Mar 4 2011, 05:35 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE (pinkfluffyclouds @ Mar 4 2011, 05:31 PM) *
I apologise for saying you stink as I am now tarring you with the same brush not all smokers smell of stale cigarettes but you can't insult others when you don't know their circumstances.

Yes they do, as do their clothes their possesions and their families.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Mar 4 2011, 05:38 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Mar 4 2011, 05:28 PM) *
Not having an encyclopaedic knowledge of every posting since the beginning of time, I bow to those that do......

You can do whatever you like with 'home videos'. I still prefer super-8, myself

The point about the studednt was that his business was illegal in as much as it wasn't registered, and he was not paying tax on his earnings. My point at the time was also that I did not think the forum should be used for promoting a business, however the majority (at the time) disagreed so I accept that people don't mind, so haven't made the same point about this one.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:18 PM