user23
post Feb 9 2012, 09:14 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

Has anyone else seen this video?

Road rage in Bath

The negative publicity generated from her poor driving and subsequent actions have probably wrecked her business.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Feb 9 2012, 09:30 AM
Post #2

Guests

Yeah, I saw this a while ago on youparklikeac**t.com. Relatively early in Jan, the papers didn't get a hold of the story for a couple of weeks.

Makes me laugh, the woman was completely in the wrong and yes she was saying she would report him for assault. Fair play to the guy.
And then Sarah's husband..."why are you harrassing my wife why are you harrassing my wife" loooool.

I hated her accent, even without watching this video I could tell she would have been a psychopath. Heaven help us.
Although I should point out not all Audi drivers are t**ts but this woman most certainly is.
Funny though, this guy recording handled it all very nicely, in an adult way.

Did anyone else see the video of the guy who looked like a Chav but actually seemed really nice walking down the motorway when there was an accident, and filming the people who blocked the hard shoulder..

From the videos of certain acts of driving people should be fined but the justice system doesn't allow for that.

+Quote Post
massifheed
post Feb 9 2012, 10:11 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,215

To lesser extent, this is the kind of thing that happens when people hit the bollards or get caught by the Park Way bridge camera. Their first reaction is to have a go at other people, rather than accept that they are in the wrong.

In the video her car has been filmed causing an obstruction, there are then numerous thinly veiled threats from her and her husband, and she is also recorded saying that she will lie to the police and accuse him of assault. I don't think she has done a single thing right in this video, yet she can't see that, and clearly thinks it's the guy filming her that's the problem.

Had she admitted she was wrong and apologised, then this would have been a non-event. Instead she now has to put up with the consequences of her ranting.

Having said that, there's clearly something about us all where we don't like to admit that we are in the wrong and our first instinct is to be defensive, often beyond the point that is logical. Although you would have thought that, at some point on her long walk, she would perhaps have realised that and calmed down.

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post Feb 9 2012, 01:20 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

I was discussing yesterday with somebody how a debate can be thrown off track by one of the parties involved focusing on a secondary issue. For example, you can't ever tell a mother with children that she has done something wrong because she will usually say "Don't talk to me like that in front of my children", even when your language, tone and behaviour are all perfectly reasonable. This is another perfect example of that type of behaviour since the main issue was the stupid place in which this woman had parked her car, as opposed to the secondary issue of whether her illegal parking was being filmed or not.

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Feb 9 2012, 02:30 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

I don't know Bath road systems. It looks like it was access only during works.
If the Audi had stayed on the other side of the road waiting to turn right or left
it would have blocked a lane anyway. Hard to tell the circumstances from the clip.
But the tone of the driver was pretty intimidating. I thought knitting was Karma.

Some time ago on the crowded pavements full of people investigating menus,
I followed a young couple, the male carrying a 'moses basket' and a small baby.

After he had bumped 3 passers by and a bus stop I mentioned the careless swaying of the baby.
Torrent of middle class abuse. The partner said" Shut up" to the fellow.
So that might be a problem for the baby in the future of the couple. It was instant fury.

It takes me weeks to get that worked up.
ce

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Feb 9 2012, 03:52 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

I'm still trying to work out what that was all about. I didn't even see which was her car. How that totally boring video of a pavement and two pairs of legs went viral I will never know.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Feb 9 2012, 03:57 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (JeffG @ Feb 9 2012, 03:52 PM) *
I'm still trying to work out what that was all about. I didn't even see which was her car. How that totally boring video of a pavement and two pairs of legs went viral I will never know.

Having a high IQ makes one rather hard of sight? tongue.gif ! Right at the begging there's an Audi stopped/parked by a Road Closed sign and cars are having to navigate round it.

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Feb 9 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE (JeffG @ Feb 9 2012, 03:52 PM) *

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2012...o?newsfeed=true

+Quote Post
GMR
post Feb 9 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (user23 @ Feb 9 2012, 09:14 AM) *
Has anyone else seen this video?

Road rage in Bath

The negative publicity generated from her poor driving and subsequent actions have probably wrecked her business.

Good. She has made a mountain out of a mole hill and it backfired. She deserves everything she gets. And it isn't illegal to film either.

+Quote Post
NORTHENDER
post Feb 9 2012, 05:33 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,173

For those who blinked and missed it, this is how the idiot woman left it.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Feb 9 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

What a stupid, Arrogant pair of wazzocks, I sincerely hope that her business fails to prosper from now on. Who breeds these idiots I wonder ? Do you need a special licence ? Or is there a course you can take on being thouroughly unpleasant and stupid ?

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Feb 9 2012, 06:22 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

I do wonder sometimes if these situations are simply the result of "the straw that broke the camels back". Is she normally OK and just went crazy on this one particular day? Either way I could possibly forgive her, but her husband? Not a chance, I hope she goes under just because of him.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Feb 9 2012, 07:15 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

I don't think it is appropriate to 'convict' just on one peace of evidence.

At the end of the day, many people, regardless of the law (which some could argue is out of date) and whether they are 'misbehaving' or not, don't like being filmed or having their photo taken. Some people can get quite angry just on that alone.

This lady's safety could be compromised from this film being published, and all for what started as a minor traffic violation and by a person who has little business getting involved.

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Feb 9 2012, 07:37 PM
Post #14

Guests

Looks like a pretty major traffic violation to me, on account of being a complete c-word. There's nothing to "convict" here...woman does something daft, guy minding his own just recording the situation, woman and her husband go doolally on her.... hmm...

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Feb 9 2012, 07:43 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Feb 9 2012, 07:37 PM) *
Looks like a pretty major traffic violation to me, on account of being a complete c-word.

Being a 'C' is not a major traffic violation.

There's nothing to "convict" here...woman does something daft, guy minding his own just recording the situation

Which is a contradiction in terms.

woman and her husband go doolally on her.... hmm...

Yes, the woman has parked badly, but if someone started to film my missus or her car, I would have to say I would start to get 'tense'.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Feb 9 2012, 07:47 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Yes, I saw that car (of course), but since it was already behind the obstruction caused by the Road Closed sign, I hadn't noticed it causing much of a difference. And since the road was closed, the hold up appeared to be caused by all the traffic going the "wrong way".

(xjay - thanks for posting the link again. I thought it was going to be something new!)

PS. No, I wouldn't park like that wink.gif

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Feb 9 2012, 07:51 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Feb 9 2012, 07:47 PM) *
Yes, I saw that car (of course), but since it was already behind the obstruction caused by the Road Closed sign, I hadn't noticed it causing much of a difference. And since the road was closed, the hold up appeared to be caused by all the traffic going the "wrong way".

The back of the car appears to be causing a pinch spot.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Feb 9 2012, 07:53 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

OK - it was still mostly a totally boring video of a pavement and two pairs of legs. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Feb 9 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #19

Guests

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Feb 9 2012, 07:43 PM) *
Being a 'C' is not a major traffic violation.

Which is a contradiction in terms.

Yes, the woman has parked badly, but if someone started to film my missus or her car, I would have to say I would start to get 'tense'.

Sorry, to me it seems you're....sympathising with this woman?
I really don't understand.

Apparently this road was already bad for traffic. She made it a **** of a lot worse by basically blocking off the road. Guy recorded it, probably to put on Youtube, or submit to youparklikeac***.com - and this woman then HARASSED him (and got her hubbie to do it as well) and started conspiring to create fake assault charges.

I'm sure if you or your missus did nothing wrong then yes, you'd have a right to get "tense", but if you or your missus were being c-words and blocked up a road, then expect eggs to be thrown and frankly you would deserve to be recorded and humiliated, there's selfish and there's selfish...guess where an act like this falls into.. and rather than make a fuss, generally when you have been a c-word the best thing to do is hang your head and disappear quickly. Had this woman not had gone on a massive bender about it it probably wouldn't have made the news and her business would not have been affected (if it has been) - and we wouldn't have had to be subjected to her annoying voice and accent. In short the world would have been a better place.

So in short, she needs to shut her face.

+Quote Post
Dodgys smarter b...
post Feb 9 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,100

As I understood it, it wasn't so much the parking that caused the outcry but her threat that she would lie to the Police and say she'd been assaulted.

That stinks. To even think of a thing like that when you've been caught bang-to-rights says a lot about her character.

Still, as ye sow so shall ye reap. I gather her business is pretty much at a standstill. Instant Karma? (give or take a month or two). Could be.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:13 AM