IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

34 Pages V  « < 30 31 32 33 34 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Donald Trump, I sought of hope he wins...
je suis Charlie
post Jun 12 2019, 05:39 AM
Post #621

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 12 2019, 05:55 AM) *
First Farage says the people of Peterborough didn’t know what they were voting for and now they are claiming their votes were burnt. Couldn’t make it up.

Why not? You make everything else up?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 12 2019, 06:54 AM
Post #622

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 12 2019, 06:39 AM) *
Why not? You make everything else up?

When you make an actual point, it’s sometimes worth reading.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 23 2019, 08:39 PM
Post #623

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 27 2016, 09:41 PM) *
I agree. Putin,Trump,Boris. Love to be a fly in the wall at a summit between those three.... laugh.gif

And so it came to pass...as predicted in April 2016.😂

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 24 2019, 12:34 PM
Post #624

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

Good call. did you have nave any money on?

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jul 24 2019, 05:56 PM
Post #625

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

Everyone getting paranoid over BJ being the worst PM since Lord North, the BBC single handedly trying to remove the democratically elected president of the good old US of A in a blatant show of reporting bias even by their standards, and yet dear old Xi Jinping can rattle his mighty sabre at a few concerned Hong Kong students and the UK's silent response is deafening.
Even the straits of hormuz tips it's troubled hat to the global ills but the UK media are obviously prejudiced against tousled hair individuals so if you want to get on get a haircut or be a "leftie".

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 24 2019, 06:37 PM
Post #626

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jul 24 2019, 01:34 PM) *
Good call. did you have nave any money on?

Brexit 9/2 yes
Trump 16/1 yes (b4 he became the republican candidate)
Johnson has always been short (trading around evs) to be the next Premier.

And the next PM will be..... Jo Swinson (16s at moment) after the next election. Lib Dems majority MPs of a coalition with Labour and Scots Nats. May even be a minority government. I work in the industry... so can see trends from AI and BI Insights.. I shall be placing a small interest on her.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 24 2019, 06:41 PM
Post #627

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jul 24 2019, 06:56 PM) *
Everyone getting paranoid over BJ being the worst PM since Lord North, the BBC single handedly trying to remove the democratically elected president of the good old US of A in a blatant show of reporting bias even by their standards, and yet dear old Xi Jinping can rattle his mighty sabre at a few concerned Hong Kong students and the UK's silent response is deafening.
Even the straits of hormuz tips it's troubled hat to the global ills but the UK media are obviously prejudiced against tousled hair individuals so if you want to get on get a haircut or be a "leftie".

Nowt wrong with employing a few triads to do your dirty work for you and ensure the police are ahem "late" turning up to a crime scene io an island...😂

Or indeed a bit of piracy. Bit like us doing the same in the Channel.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 27 2019, 10:42 AM
Post #628

Advanced Member

Everyone says the BBC is biased, makes me laugh but I guess that proves to a degree that it isn't!

I've seen loads about Hong Kong, don't know where you're looking but it seems to be fairly well reported to me.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 27 2019, 10:42 AM
Post #629

Advanced Member

Everyone says the BBC is biased, makes me laugh but I guess that proves to a degree that it isn't!

I've seen loads about Hong Kong, don't know where you're looking but it seems to be fairly well reported to me.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Feb 5 2020, 02:34 AM
Post #630

Advanced Member

Love him or hate him

Donald Trump said "we have created seven million jobs" and that the unemployment rate was the lowest in half a century.
Fact,
Since Mr Trump took office in January 2017, almost 6.7 million jobs have been added. Jobs have been added every month dating back to October 2010, when President Obama was in office.

The unemployment rate for December was 3.5%. This is the lowest level in 50 years - it last dropped to 3.5% in December 1969.

Also,
Donald said unemployment rates among African Americans had reached record lows.
Fact,
The African-American unemployment rate hit 5.5% in September 2019, the lowest rate recorded since the US Labor Department started collecting these statistics, in 1972.

So, not too shabby then.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 5 2020, 03:39 AM
Post #631

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 5 2020, 02:34 AM) *
Love him or hate him

Donald Trump said "we have created seven million jobs" and that the unemployment rate was the lowest in half a century.
Fact,
Since Mr Trump took office in January 2017, almost 6.7 million jobs have been added. Jobs have been added every month dating back to October 2010, when President Obama was in office.

The unemployment rate for December was 3.5%. This is the lowest level in 50 years - it last dropped to 3.5% in December 1969.

Also,
Donald said unemployment rates among African Americans had reached record lows.
Fact,
The African-American unemployment rate hit 5.5% in September 2019, the lowest rate recorded since the US Labor Department started collecting these statistics, in 1972.

So, not too shabby then.

Nah...Orange bad man. An American luvvie told me.

+Quote Post
newres
post Feb 6 2020, 06:51 AM
Post #632

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 5 2020, 03:39 AM) *
Nah...Orange bad man. An American luvvie told me.

I did hear somewhere that the job creation rate under Trump is slower than under Obama’s last years. Bearing in mind that 10 years on the Tories still blame Labour for any problems I find it amusing that Trump was so quick to claim credit for what was most likely Obsma’s legacy. I freely admit I’m not an economics expert but I know enough to not over simplify things.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 6 2020, 06:36 PM
Post #633

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Feb 6 2020, 06:51 AM) *
I did hear somewhere that the job creation rate under Trump is slower than under Obama’s last years. Bearing in mind that 10 years on the Tories still blame Labour for any problems I find it amusing that Trump was so quick to claim credit for what was most likely Obsma’s legacy. I freely admit I’m not an economics expert but I know enough to not over simplify things.

Shame the Democrats don't have anyone that resembles presidential at the moment...Trump is a cert for a 2nd term...

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Feb 6 2020, 06:57 PM
Post #634

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 6 2020, 06:36 PM) *
Shame the Democrats don't have anyone that resembles presidential at the moment...Trump is a cert for a 2nd term...

This is what amazes me. Very doubtful that anyone would call Trump "nice" and is probably on borrowed time if the Democrats could find a half decent contender but, like our Labour party, they couldn't organise themselves to run a bring your own orgy yet alone seek a vote of confidence from the populace.
So looks like the Don and Boris show will keep us amused for the next few years. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Feb 7 2020, 12:30 PM
Post #635

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Feb 6 2020, 06:57 PM) *
This is what amazes me. Very doubtful that anyone would call Trump "nice" and is probably on borrowed time if the Democrats could find a half decent contender but, like our Labour party, they couldn't organise themselves to run a bring your own orgy yet alone seek a vote of confidence from the populace.
So looks like the Don and Boris show will keep us amused for the next few years. cool.gif

I get the feeling that toxic Nancy the surgeons best friend has gone a tad too far this time, Don's approval ratings are up, whilst the Democrats can't apparently do simple sums. Four more years for tango Don!

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Feb 14 2020, 03:10 PM
Post #636

Advanced Member

Couldn't make it up could you. In for four more years of the moderate left rioting and screaming "not my president"!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 14 2020, 03:58 PM
Post #637

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 14 2020, 03:10 PM) *
Couldn't make it up could you. In for four more years of the moderate left rioting and screaming "not my president"!

Be plenty of "woke" tears on election night followed by screams of illegality and Russia, Facebook etc...All rather boring and predictable.

I see BJ is going to go on a massive capital spending splurge. This is interesting because if Labour ever do win again, they could well walk into the treasury to find a note saying there is no money left...😂😂😂😂

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Feb 14 2020, 08:41 PM
Post #638

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 14 2020, 03:58 PM) *
Be plenty of "woke" tears on election night followed by screams of illegality and Russia, Facebook etc...All rather boring and predictable.

I see BJ is going to go on a massive capital spending splurge. This is interesting because if Labour ever do win again, they could well walk into the treasury to find a note saying there is no money left...😂😂😂😂

Sort of "do unto others before they do unto you" syndrome. I'm still getting my head round the cost of a railway. China can throw up a hospital in 10 days, and I doubt it cost that much, but we are going to spend the GNP of a couple of banana republics on something that we will be paying for long after I have shed my mortal coil and be finished when today's toddlers are starting work.
But Boris is in charge. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 14 2020, 11:16 PM
Post #639

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Feb 14 2020, 08:41 PM) *
Sort of "do unto others before they do unto you" syndrome. I'm still getting my head round the cost of a railway. China can throw up a hospital in 10 days, and I doubt it cost that much, but we are going to spend the GNP of a couple of banana republics on something that we will be paying for long after I have shed my mortal coil and be finished when today's toddlers are starting work.
But Boris is in charge. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

In China they would bulldoze your house, give you a bit of cash, and if you complained too much, you would "disappear"....

Here we will have 16 public enquiries and take 20 years to get people out of trees.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Feb 14 2020, 11:57 PM
Post #640

Advanced Member

It took the Chinese two weeks to build a hospital, traffic lights at Hambridge? Six months, I drove through there last week, normal stuff, traffic up the wazzoo and a man in a digger with his feet up and reading a paper. Brilliant, the UK in microcosm.

+Quote Post

34 Pages V  « < 30 31 32 33 34 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:10 PM