Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why so long to get involved?, Judith Bunting critical of Richard benyon MP
Andy Capp
post Nov 9 2014, 10:47 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

There's an interesting letter in this weeks NWN from Parliamentary Candidate, Judith Bunting. There's not much I disagree with, except that the change she clams is timely, isn't necessarily one that I think is for the better. She lists a number of apparent West Berkshire Council failings and lays the blame for the performance at the door of the Tories; however, looking at some of the performance indicators of the Lib Dem controlled town council, one has to wonder which party is truly more competent. I'd be interested in what she feels about the council's performance over Victoria Park 'Crackgate', for example.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
motormad
post Nov 10 2014, 11:02 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 592

If politicians spent as much time actually solving problems as they did blaming each other, half of these problems would magically disappear...

--------------------
:p
Grammar: the difference between knowing your poop and knowing you're poop.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Nov 11 2014, 07:14 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (motormad @ Nov 10 2014, 11:02 AM) *
If politicians spent as much time actually solving problems as they did blaming each other, half of these problems would magically disappear...

Therein lies a kernel of truth. Personally, I'm sick of this ping pong politics; we feed your kids, you starve pensioners. Whoever you put your mark against, the machine will still continue. Can anyone really see UKIP being any different?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Nov 11 2014, 07:40 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

Of course not; if only that you cannot please everyone all the time.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Nov 11 2014, 07:41 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Nov 9 2014, 10:47 PM) *
There's an interesting letter in this weeks NWN from Parliamentary Candidate, Judith Bunting. There's not much I disagree with, except that the change she clams is timely, isn't necessarily one that I think is for the better. She lists a number of apparent West Berkshire Council failings and lays the blame for the performance at the door of the Tories; however, looking at some of the performance indicators of the Lib Dem controlled town council, one has to wonder which party is truly more competent. I'd be interested in what she feels about the council's performance over Victoria Park 'Crackgate', for example.

I agree AC. Judith Bunting is probably a decent enough stick, but if she was bothered to build and safeguard a fair, free and open society (and that's supposed to be the central concern of every Lib Dem) then she would already have used her influence with the town council to challenge the injustice, ineptitude, and evasion that so characterises most everything the Lib Dem town council does. I see no change in what she's offering - one bunch of arrogant self-serving establishment-apologists is very much like any other.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Nov 11 2014, 08:33 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

QUOTE (On the edge @ Nov 11 2014, 07:14 PM) *
Therein lies a kernel of truth. Personally, I'm sick of this ping pong politics; we feed your kids, you starve pensioners. Whoever you put your mark against, the machine will still continue. Can anyone really see UKIP being any different?

Probably not - but as there is no "None of the above" option on the voting slip it is the only way that many feel they can their message to the politicians that they are not happy. Apparently not turning up when you fell not represented is seen as being lazy and unwilling to engage! - but that's politicians for you, its obviously our fault they are sh!t.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Nov 11 2014, 10:03 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (MontyPython @ Nov 11 2014, 08:33 PM) *
Probably not - but as there is no "None of the above" option on the voting slip it is the only way that many feel they can their message to the politicians that they are not happy. Apparently not turning up when you fell not represented is seen as being lazy and unwilling to engage! - but that's politicians for you, its obviously our fault they are sh!t.

With you there, so I'll just adapt my spoil option and write my own 'none of the above' option on the paper.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Lolly
post Nov 11 2014, 10:49 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,763

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Nov 11 2014, 08:41 PM) *
I agree AC. Judith Bunting is probably a decent enough stick, but if she was bothered to build and safeguard a fair, free and open society (and that's supposed to be the central concern of every Lib Dem) then she would already have used her influence with the town council to challenge the injustice, ineptitude, and evasion that so characterises most everything the Lib Dem town council does. I see no change in what she's offering - one bunch of arrogant self-serving establishment-apologists is very much like any other.

I'm not sure that she has any influence. In fact I rather get the impression that her appointment/selection put a few local noses out of joint and has given Mr Benyon a huge advantage in the forthcoming election although it will be interesting to see who UKIP put forward to contest the seat.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:14 AM