IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BNP, To allow on question time or not?
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 21 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

Personally, I think they should be allowed to appear and relavent questions put to them.
This should then allow the publice to make an 'educated' decision about the party and whether they would like to vote for such people.

I just hope that the audience is a representative cross section of society and is not 'doctored' in any way (i.e. full of 'normal' people - not far right wing extremists and mad mullers)

We shall see...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Oct 21 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Oct 21 2009, 04:12 PM) *
Personally, I think they should be allowed to appear and relavent questions put to them.
This should then allow the publice to make an 'educated' decision about the party and whether they would like to vote for such people.

I just hope that the audience is a representative cross section of society and is not 'doctored' in any way (i.e. full of 'normal' people - not far right wing extremists and mad mullers)

We shall see...

I agree with you. This is an opportunity for the public to listen to the responses of Nick Giffin to hopefully sensible quesions and make their own mind up.
Although it is purported that the audience is a mixed selection I suspect that there will be more Left wing extremists than Right wing. Shouldn't think there will be many Mullers there though. wink.gif
Looks like an interesting evening. I bet the viewing figures go sky high.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Oct 21 2009, 03:56 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Oct 21 2009, 04:18 PM) *
This is an opportunity for the public to listen to the responses of Nick G[r]iffin to hopefully sensible quesions and make their own mind up.
It's an opportunity for a hopefully well-chosen panel to tear his arguments to shreds, and expose the BNP for what it is. I hope that is what you are expecting. I think the majority of the target audience for QT will already know about the BNP and will have made up their own minds already.

Although it is purported that the audience is a mixed selection I suspect that there will be more Left wing extremists than Right wing.
I've not noticed that in the past. Depends what you define as left wing - anyone to the left of M. Thatcher?

Shouldn't think there will be many Mullers there though. wink.gif
If it's balanced, then I suspect there would be a similar number of mullahs as priests or rabbis. (Though the OP was referring to Islamic extremists, I'm assuming.)

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Oct 21 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #4

Guests

I've been looking forward to this for weeks.

Let him on, let him speak and then tear his "theology" to shreds.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Oct 21 2009, 06:47 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

The publicity that this event has received in the media has played right into the BNP's hands.

If the appearance of Mr. Griffin on Question Time had been allowed to pass quietly his party would have not been in the limelight and he would have had a much smaller audience to which he could put forward his case.

No publicity is bad publicity as they say.

I hope the whole evening will not centre around the race issue.
His party have other policies also suitable for debate.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 21 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

I agree that Nick Griffin should appear on Question Time to, not only voice his opinion, but also to be questioned. Free speech should mean free speech to all; no matter how distasteful there comments are.

I am also looking forward to watching Question Time tomorrow.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Oct 21 2009, 07:08 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

I'm surprised by the reaction of Peter Hain. I wonder if he fears that Griffin will 'perform' better than expected? After all, some of the BNP's popularity can be attributed to a backlash to some of Labour's (and Tory) policies.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Oct 21 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Iommi @ Oct 21 2009, 08:08 PM) *
I'm surprised by the reaction of Peter Hain. I wonder if he fears that Griffin will 'perform' better than expected? After all, some of the BNP's popularity can be attributed to a backlash to some of Labour's (and Tory) policies.

Very true.

The mainstream parties need to look at WHY such parties as the BNP gain popularity and, instead of condemning them, coming up with sensible alternatives.

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Oct 22 2009, 08:32 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 121

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Oct 21 2009, 08:19 PM) *
Very true.

The mainstream parties need to look at WHY such parties as the BNP gain popularity and, instead of condemning them, coming up with sensible alternatives.

I agree. The fact is people got off their backsides and voted for the BNP, the alternative for them could have been not to vote at all. The BNP obviously struck a chord with the people who voted for them

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Oct 22 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

I see that two other members of the panel are Jack Straw and Chris Huhne. The listings don't say who the others are. Let's hope that overall it's a strong panel that will argue this person back into the hole he crawled out of.

Otherwise it could be a disaster.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Oct 22 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy1 @ Oct 22 2009, 09:32 AM) *
I agree. The fact is people got off their backsides and voted for the BNP, the alternative for them could have been not to vote at all. The BNP obviously struck a chord with the people who voted for them

I agree with this.
It is because of the main stream parties ignoring peoples views and aspirations and so many MP's on both sides proving to be corrupt and self-serving that have driven voters to seriously consider the BNP and UKIP as a viable alternative.
Tonights program will be a farce that will only give the BNP more credibility. I expect that the Left wing louts in the audience will make Mr Griffin look like a martyr by not letting him speak.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Oct 22 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #12

Guests

QUOTE (JeffG @ Oct 22 2009, 10:46 AM) *
I see that two other members of the panel are Jack Straw and Chris Huhne. The listings don't say who the others are. Let's hope that overall it's a strong panel that will argue this person back into the hole he crawled out of.

Otherwise it could be a disaster.

Here is tonights programme information.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/ques...ime/8315226.stm

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Oct 22 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #13

Guests

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Oct 22 2009, 11:05 AM) *
I agree with this.
It is because of the main stream parties ignoring peoples views and aspirations and so many MP's on both sides proving to be corrupt and self-serving that have driven voters to seriously consider the BNP and UKIP as a viable alternative.
Tonights program will be a farce that will only give the BNP more credibility. I expect that the Left wing louts in the audience will make Mr Griffin look like a martyr by not letting him speak.

The great David Dimbleby will not allow that to happen.

+Quote Post
regor
post Oct 22 2009, 01:42 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 236

There is of course the nightmare scenario.

N.G. comes across as a beacon of common-sense with robust but sensible views whilst some at least of the other panellists come across as shouty incoherent splutterers.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Oct 22 2009, 01:54 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (regor @ Oct 22 2009, 02:42 PM) *
There is of course the nightmare scenario.

N.G. comes across as a beacon of common-sense with robust but sensible views whilst some at least of the other panellists come across as shouty incoherent splutterers.

Yep and that could happen if NG can restrain himself from over reacting to the inevitable negative reaction to his views.
In fact if he keeps his cool there are only plus's in this event for him and the BNP

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
admin
post Oct 22 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Watch the video to see Newburytoday.co.uk’s interview with outspoken party leader when he visited Newbury in 2007

FOR those people who are interested and who are unable to see the BNP’s Nick Griffin on the BBC’s Question Time tonight (Thursday), Newburytoday.co.uk caught up with the controversial leader two years ago when he visited Newbury.
Mr Griffin visited West Berkshire to discuss his party’s decision to field two candidates in that year’s local elections in which they polled 232 votes between them.
During the video interview, he was typically forthright about race, immigration and the London bombings.
Click on the link below and the video link to watch the interview.

Related Links

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article...?articleID=3856

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 22 2009, 04:15 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

It could be that the loony left stop him from actually getting into the studios.
This would be a great 'boon' for him as it would allow him to not face the questions he needs to answer and actually cause public empathy. Idiots.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 22 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

Watching the news tonight I see there is a lot of trouble at the BBC.

What annoys me was those Anti fascist organisations; they have a nerve to criticise the BNP and behave like animals themselves. Many people watching that will think; 'If I've got a choice between the two I know which I'd prefer.' To me both are as bad as each other.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Oct 23 2009, 07:50 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Well, what a strange program Question time was last night.
Nick Griffin made a fool of himself and found himself having to respond to statements he made years ago.
Nobody really quizzed him on his policies now. He got let off the hook in my opinion.
David Dimbleby sadly prefers to hear his own voice rather than that of the panel or the audience and Jack Straw spent all evening evading every question pointed in his direction.
All very predictable and pointless.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 23 2009, 08:48 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Oct 23 2009, 08:50 AM) *
Well, what a strange program Question time was last night.
Nick Griffin made a fool of himself and found himself having to respond to statements he made years ago.
Nobody really quizzed him on his policies now. He got let off the hook in my opinion.
David Dimbleby sadly prefers to hear his own voice rather than that of the panel or the audience and Jack Straw spent all evening evading every question pointed in his direction.
All very predictable and pointless.

In my view the only one that showed any semblence of intelligence was Bonnie Greer.
As for the Politicians no mention of Expenses, no mention of Unemployment, no mention of Recession, no mention of Bankers Bonuses. Question Time??? it was more a case of which Political Party can score the mose points against the BNP to try and make themseleves 'electable'. I would not vote for any of them. They are all lieing scum who have their snouts in the Westminster trough.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:41 PM