Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome visitors?
Sherlock
post Jul 6 2015, 10:00 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,467

Walked through the market place earlier and only heard Eastern European languages (Polish or Russian?) and Bengali being spoken. This was at about 4.00pm and they were all dressed casually and seemed very happy to be here. Can't help wondering what they were doing here. Perhaps they were just on holiday but I can't help feeling that Messrs Cameron and Osborne are deliberately letting the situation get completely out of control to keep wages down. Whatever the reasons this increasingly doesn't feel like my country any more.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jul 7 2015, 06:20 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (Sherlock @ Jul 6 2015, 11:00 PM) *
Walked through the market place earlier and only heard Eastern European languages (Polish or Russian?) and Bengali being spoken. This was at about 4.00pm and they were all dressed casually and seemed very happy to be here. Can't help wondering what they were doing here. Perhaps they were just on holiday but I can't help feeling that Messrs Cameron and Osborne are deliberately letting the situation get completely out of control to keep wages down. Whatever the reasons this increasingly doesn't feel like my country any more.

Racist! racist I say!!!! ohmy.gif

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
gel
post Jul 7 2015, 09:59 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 337

Any mention of immigrants triggers "racist" accusations from some; obviously a Labour supporter.

Most of us will agree to increasingly feeling marginalised if you are native born; try visiting London or many of our large cities. Some use the word diverse/multicultural to describe their populations,
I'd used another blink.gif

Too many of these immigrants have absolutely no intention of integrating with our way of doing things and many (especially a well known segment) are intent on imposing their backward ways here, and authorities turn a blind eye eg Rotherham, Oxford etc etc for rear of the "R" word being levelled at them. sad.gif

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jul 7 2015, 10:36 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (gel @ Jul 7 2015, 10:59 AM) *
Any mention of immigrants triggers "racist" accusations from some; obviously a Labour supporter.

Most of us will agree to increasingly feeling marginalised if you are native born; try visiting London or many of our large cities. Some use the word diverse/multicultural to describe their populations,
I'd used another blink.gif

Too many of these immigrants have absolutely no intention of integrating with our way of doing things and many (especially a well known segment) are intent on imposing their backward ways here, and authorities turn a blind eye eg Rotherham, Oxford etc etc for rear of the "R" word being levelled at them. sad.gif

As it so happens, I agree with all your points, so please see my comment as being ironic and in advance of any REAL accusation of racism, though misguided.

And FYI, there is NO WAY I WILL EVER VOTE LABOUR!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jul 7 2015, 10:59 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

We depend on a low wage economy to compete on a world stage. That is why all political parties sign up for extensive immigration: our economy needs it.

+Quote Post
CrackerJack
post Jul 7 2015, 11:37 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,554

I was in Malaga the other week... couldn't move for English people. Refusing to integrate or speak the local lingo or eat the local food. The locals have to learn English in order to trade with them. They have to cook 'full English' every day from dawn till dusk to keep the buggers happy and the the ex-pats living there permanently wander around in herds and the only time they speak to a Spaniard is when they go to the post office to collect their Aid Packages of Marmite or tea bags from Blighty....

(It happens the other way too this foreign invasion thing.....)

+Quote Post
user23
post Jul 7 2015, 08:02 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

It's disgusting.

Young people from abroad coming over here to do the jobs we won't, paying their taxes to keep the economy and NHS going, and our ageing populations in pensions.

Despicable.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jul 7 2015, 08:18 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

But I thought they all did low wage jobs? So if they don't earn the threshold wage they won't be paying tax will they? And how many are working in the grey economy? Not much tax being paid there either.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jul 7 2015, 08:21 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

I never thought I'd say well said User23, well done!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 7 2015, 08:29 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Sherlock @ Jul 6 2015, 11:00 PM) *

It's not "your" country that's why. It's everyones and I kind of hope you're joking but I'm guessing living in ultra conservative Newbury, sadly you are not.

+Quote Post
user23
post Jul 7 2015, 08:47 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jul 7 2015, 09:18 PM) *
But I thought they all did low wage jobs? So if they don't earn the threshold wage they won't be paying tax will they? And how many are working in the grey economy? Not much tax being paid there either.
Actually the truth is UK Immigrants 'Pay More Taxes And Draw Less Benefits' Than Native Brits.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jul 7 2015, 09:20 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (user23 @ Jul 7 2015, 09:02 PM) *
It's disgusting.

Young people from abroad coming over here to do the jobs we won't, paying their taxes to keep the economy and NHS going, and our ageing populations in pensions.

Despicable.

And then there's this. (If you can wade through the adverts and bear to watch all of it!!)

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jul 7 2015, 10:10 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (CrackerJack @ Jul 7 2015, 12:37 PM) *
I was in Malaga the other week... couldn't move for English people. Refusing to integrate or speak the local lingo or eat the local food. The locals have to learn English in order to trade with them. They have to cook 'full English' every day from dawn till dusk to keep the buggers happy and the the ex-pats living there permanently wander around in herds and the only time they speak to a Spaniard is when they go to the post office to collect their Aid Packages of Marmite or tea bags from Blighty....

(It happens the other way too this foreign invasion thing.....)

And how many brits get onto the back of lorries, attempt to get into family cars, get squashed by trains and drown in the sea via the services of people trafficers?
I wonder if there is any comparable publicly paid for public service reduction to the Malaga economy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
user23
post Jul 7 2015, 10:15 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Jul 7 2015, 11:10 PM) *
And how many brits get onto the back of lorries, attempt to get into family cars, get squashed by trains and drown in the sea via the services of people trafficers? I wonder if there is any comparable publicly paid for public service reduction to the Malaga economy.
I think you might have got confused between illegal immigrants, migrant workers and ex-pats. They're three different groups of people.

+Quote Post
CrackerJack
post Jul 8 2015, 08:24 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,554

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jul 7 2015, 09:18 PM) *

They can't ALL be just washing cars, working as pan-bashers in grubby restaurants, picking fruit, combing the beaches for cockles, or trying to sell Big Issue. There's a pile of Indian/Bangladesh people living in The Martingales area who pile onto the Vodafone buses every morning. Are they VF technician types or working the VF cafe? Either way they're not on subsistence wage and will be paying tax.(I hope)

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jul 8 2015, 03:07 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

...and by catching the bus they clearly aren't claiming travel allowance and parking outside someone's house!

Nonetheless it's a very good point. We seem to have a national shortage of well qualified technical expertise; something acknowledged by the Chancellor in today's budget. We haven't been training the right skills in the UK for quite some time. Now that 'saving' is coming home to roost.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jul 8 2015, 08:34 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

I've got a lot of stick for saying what I think, and been called isolationist, racist and xenophobic, by certain people, simply because I don't agree with their love everyone, big melting pot viewpoint. They have little idea of my broad and complex political sensibilities, and it's easier, or either fits the bill of their leftist agenda, to just shout racist. As with most things political, you can apparently score points and appear better than your opponent if you can shout "racist!" at them.

These people are retards though, and I take little notice of what they say.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jul 8 2015, 09:40 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jul 8 2015, 09:34 PM) *
I've got a lot of stick for saying what I think, and been called isolationist, racist and xenophobic, by certain people, simply because I don't agree with their love everyone, big melting pot viewpoint. They have little idea of my broad and complex political sensibilities, and it's easier, or either fits the bill of their leftist agenda, to just shout racist. As with most things political, you can apparently score points and appear better than your opponent if you can shout "racist!" at them. These people are retards though, and I take little notice of what they say.

Being a bit racist is natural, as are all the other traits. The trouble is with such words is that they cover all, whether violently or barely detectable.

I work with all creeds and I'd say I was in a significant minority; however, that fact does even register while I work with Asians, Scots, women, Africans, French, Muslims, etc... from a day to day perspective. To me they are just work colleagues and I don't ever think that they are of 'alternative origin'. On the other hand, I have travelled to other parts of Southern England and I have found myself thinking similar to the OPs opinion too. It does feel a bit like an invasion to me to and I do feel rather out of place.

What I would say is that if this is a start of change in the population's cultural make-up, at least this current batch are a whole lot more friendly than the Nordic-French lot were when they did the same.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jul 9 2015, 06:48 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jul 8 2015, 09:34 PM) *
I've got a lot of stick for saying what I think, and been called isolationist, racist and xenophobic, by certain people, simply because I don't agree with their love everyone, big melting pot viewpoint. They have little idea of my broad and complex political sensibilities, and it's easier, or either fits the bill of their leftist agenda, to just shout racist. As with most things political, you can apparently score points and appear better than your opponent if you can shout "racist!" at them.

These people are retards though, and I take little notice of what they say.

Your 'broad and complex political sensibilities' surely means you shouldn't be surprised. History shows anyone, pushing or pulling mainstream political change will be called names. The effect of change on culture is often misrepresented and misunderstood yet it is this which creates the most tension. In another example, you can hardly expect those of a certain age to embrace homosexuals easily, particularly when they were growing up it was seen as an offensive and rigorously policed offence.

Other countries have different ways of dealing with the cultural difference issue. For instance, both France and the U.S. Could be said to have essentially a national way; which all are obliged to adopt. On the other hand, we have ended up with a multi cultural society.
We did that with no debate and because over the years, it became 'culturally acceptable'. Ironically, for the 'right wing' an unintended consequence of a real free market economy; the free movement of labour!

So, rather than following suit by labelling everyone who disagrees with you as retards, why not explain why everyone else is out of step? That's how change starts.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jul 9 2015, 10:17 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jul 9 2015, 07:48 AM) *
So, rather than following suit by labelling everyone who disagrees with you as retards, why not explain why everyone else is out of step? That's how change starts.

That is a good point, but some might not like what they find-out about themselves! unsure.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:15 PM