Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Swinley Forest Damage Could Have been Reduced
graham
post Sep 21 2011, 06:28 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 80

I've recently had some new smoke alarms fitted on my house by a royal Berkshire Fire And rescue Service and i must say they have done a very good job, after a cup coffee and a chat we got talking about how long they had been in the service and one of my kids asked them what sort of jobs had them been on and they mentioned a few as well as Swinley Forest.

we were all saying how bad it was and the damage that was done to the forestry as well as the wild life and one of the lads said well it had been going for a while.

It seems that rather than deal with the situation straight away they decided to go back at timed intervals, this was 2 weeks before it became public knowledge and before it reached the local press. then on the bank holiday Monday the whole thing got out hand and the brigade could cope with the amount of forestry that was burning and had to rely on help from other fire brigades i asked the lads
why didn't the fire brigade put the fire out when they first got called, but all the lads said was it was a descion made by the person who was running the job but would say who this was.

the impression i got from our chat is that the fire brigade could have reduced some of the damage to the forest land and saved some of the Wilde life if they had acted quicker !

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Sep 21 2011, 06:48 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

I am sure this is a dippy comment regarding Swinley Forest Damage.

I have read and seen TV that a good blaze can restore a woodland area to a better state for both
fauna and flora. ....I think that only applies to Australia though, so ignore me.
ce

+Quote Post
graham
post Sep 21 2011, 07:41 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 80

The comment is based more on prevention and from what the firefights told me that the fire service could have prevented the amount of damage caused by acting faster rather than letting it get out of hand !

nothing much upstairs more like !

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:04 PM