> NTC and Political Discrimination
Andy Capp
post Mar 14 2012, 02:14 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Mar 14 2012, 09:29 AM) *
As a resolution to this disagreement the Council have offered me a new Tenancy Agreement with an additional secret contractual protocol that would prevent me from doing or saying anything critical of the Council or its elected local politicians. For example I would not be able to post without the Council Chief Executive's prior orthorisation anything remotely critical on this forum, not just in relation to the Council's allotment service, but about anything to do with the Council - nothing about Victoria Park, nothing about the Market, and certainly nothing about the Council's service costs for which I have already been declared a Vexatious Complainant.

I wonder if such a contract would be legal or enforceable (under HRA)? Especially as it would be a unique contract.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Mar 14 2012, 02:17 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Mar 14 2012, 02:09 PM) *
And I congratulate you for that.

The problem Simon has is that he is fighting the Tory and Lib Dem old-boys in Newbury, so he has no primary party support. If what I have read is true, the Newbury Town Council have acted, and are acting, shamefully.

Yes, I understand however I would expect Benyon to represent the rights and wellfare of his constituents. But perhaps I'm being niave.
Simon could send the story to the Daily Mail, I'm sure they would love it.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Mar 14 2012, 02:27 PM
Post #23

Guests

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Mar 14 2012, 02:09 PM) *
the Newbury Town Council have acted, and are acting, shamefully.

Boycott?
National News Paper?

+Quote Post
Phil_D11102
post Mar 14 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 846

Yes, I understand however I would expect Benyon to represent the rights and wellfare of his constituents. But perhaps I'm being niave.
Simon could send the story to the Daily Mail, I'm sure they would love it.

The welfare of his consitituents, please. Hundreds if not thousands will be losing their child benefit but if your a farmer, it would be a different story. He may feel "compelled" to act, as there is some connection to his passion, vegatables and manaure,

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Mar 14 2012, 03:43 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,392

QUOTE (Phil_D11102 @ Mar 14 2012, 02:31 PM) *
The welfare of his consitituents, please. Hundreds if not thousands will be losing their child benefit but if your a farmer, it would be a different story. He may feel "compelled" to act, as there is some connection to his passion, vegatables and manaure,

At least he can string a sentence together without mangling the English language.

+Quote Post
Adrian Hollister
post Mar 14 2012, 03:58 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 613

QUOTE (Penelope @ Mar 14 2012, 03:43 PM) *
At least he can string a sentence together without mangling the English language.

It's all the peon's he has helping him.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Mar 14 2012, 04:27 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Phil_D11102 @ Mar 14 2012, 02:31 PM) *

It seems if it's not allotments, it's child benefit...

I would have thought that the MP was the first port of call, or failing that, whatever ombudsman is in charge of local government. I would love to see this go to the European Court of Human Rights, actually. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Mar 14 2012, 04:38 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Mar 14 2012, 02:14 PM) *
I wonder if such a contract would be legal or enforceable (under HRA)? Especially as it would be a unique contract.

Exactly, I would argue that it interfered with my freedom of expression. However, say I was to post on here something critical about the Council's floral displays without first discussing the post with the Town Council, they would then terminate my tenancy and I would have to defend that in the High Court and I simply couldn't afford it. What I need to do is convince the Council that they need to respect my freedom of expression, and that includes criticising how they do stuff.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Squelchy
post Mar 14 2012, 04:51 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 47

Seems to me to be a real shame that we haven't got a local newspaper. They have them in other areas (I'm told) and they often take up the cudgels on behalf of the underdog. They've been known to 'doorstep' this type of pathetic Councillor and turn the spotlight on them, showing them up to the readership as the cowards and bullies they really are.
If only we had one eh?

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Mar 14 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Squelchy @ Mar 14 2012, 04:51 PM) *
Seems to me to be a real shame that we haven't got a local newspaper. They have them in other areas (I'm told) and they often take up the cudgels on behalf of the underdog. They've been known to 'doorstep' this type of pathetic Councillor and turn the spotlight on them, showing them up to the readership as the cowards and bullies they really are.
If only we had one eh?

It's early days Squelchy, I'm certainly very happy with what's in motion...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Mar 14 2012, 05:06 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Mar 14 2012, 10:56 AM) *
You need to write to Richard Benyon because, if it is as you say, then at best it is not fair and at worse it is possibly corrupt. They can't impose a "silencing" clause in your agreement with them.

As always Bloggo I appreciate your comments and support. I'd obviously like Richard Benyon to help but I can't see him speaking out against his local party and I don't want to embarrass him by asking him to.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Mar 14 2012, 05:13 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

I'm certainly very happy with what's in motion...,
Does that include the manaure....? (grow up ce.)

I do support you totally against the gagging order. FOI will be going next.
Councils are getting together to work out the cost,and will no doubt lobby for a change.

You have obviously ruffled a few feathers to have become vexatious.
I think as has been said a bit of aggrieved publicity would help, but you will probably still get stuffed.
Is it worth the effort or cost to make a stand? I couldn't do it.
Best wishes.
ce

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Mar 14 2012, 06:23 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Mar 14 2012, 02:14 PM) *

It would be my opinion that it also breaches the Unfair Contracts 1999 Legislation as well.

Just how far can our local councils go before they are called to account?
There is world uproar for what is happening in countries around the world, and rightly so, regarding peoples rights and we have this sort of behaviour happening because of our local council.

If they are allowed to get away with this then it will be the end of freedom of speech. Disgusting! angry.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Mar 14 2012, 06:30 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Mar 14 2012, 06:23 PM) *
It would be my opinion that it also breaches the Unfair Contracts 1999 Legislation as well.

Just how far can our local councils go before they are called to account?
There is world uproar for what is happening in countries around the world, and rightly so, regarding peoples rights and we have this sort of behaviour happening because of our local council.

If they are allowed to get away with this then it will be the end of freedom of speech. Disgusting! angry.gif

The gagging protocol it's an individually negotiated term and isn't subject to the Unfair Terms Regulations.

And yes, I believe it is a serious assault on freedom of speach, and I'd like to think that as an ethnically English middle-aged law-abiding bloke who flies the English flag from his allotment shed that my rights would be as well defended as anyone else's.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Mar 14 2012, 07:53 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

http://www.richmondandtwickenhamtimes.co.u...ed_by_tribunal/

Sorry, this was local to my Brother,not Newbury, but sort of on the same topic. From 2007.

The Lib-Dems had been ruling Richmond almost as a fiefdom. We can do no wrong. We've been in charge for 20 years.
Brought to task by a determined chap. The CEO is still there ,but the council is not.
They squirmed, wriggled,avoided.and were eventually criticised by a tribunal.
If your papers are in order,fine. If not, shred them.
ce.

+Quote Post
Phil_D11102
post Mar 14 2012, 09:11 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

There is alot I can say about your comment, but not in polite company.

BTW - How much do you contribute to the Tories?

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Mar 14 2012, 10:41 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,392

QUOTE (Phil_D11102 @ Mar 14 2012, 09:11 PM) *
There is alot I can say about your comment, but not in polite company.

BTW - How much do you contribute to the Tories?

This is the kind of bigoted, misinformed nonsense that we are used to, my little misspelling friend.

+Quote Post
tia
post Mar 14 2012, 10:50 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 8,541

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Mar 14 2012, 04:38 PM) *
Exactly, I would argue that it interfered with my freedom of expression. However, say I was to post on here something critical about the Council's floral displays without first discussing the post with the Town Council, they would then terminate my tenancy and I would have to defend that in the High Court and I simply couldn't afford it. What I need to do is convince the Council that they need to respect my freedom of expression, and that includes criticising how they do stuff.

This is disgusting, What has your freedom of speech and personal opinion got to do with you growing a few cabbages on an allotment. It's like taking the rattle out of a pram.They ought to grow up

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 14 2012, 11:55 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

At the end of the day, councillors demonstrably break the code that Mr Hollister posted earlier. If the CEO of NTC, Graham hunt, (or whoever) is responsible for the gagging protocol, he should consider his position, if not censored. It is a preposterous idea.

+Quote Post
Phil_D11102
post Mar 15 2012, 03:23 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Penelope @ Mar 14 2012, 10:41 PM) *
This is the kind of bigoted, misinformed nonsense that we are used to, my little misspelling friend.

No to you my grammar police little "friend". The person you seem to be defending has no issue protecting his own (and his party) instead of looking after the people who put him into the position he now holds.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:34 AM