> Boxing Day Hunt, Vine and Craven Hunt being promoted by the NWN
Strafin
post Dec 27 2016, 07:20 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 55

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/home/20...n-lambourn.html

I don't come on much anymore as I don't live close, but I try and keep up to date with my hometown. I am also vehemently against fox hunting and gave been looking into which groups drag hunt, which ones pretend and which ones advocate fox hunting. Woth support at an all time low, I was surprised to see that the NWN is promoting the hunt and the pictures as some sort of community event, and will be running a "feature" on it in the next copy of the paper very dissapointing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gel
post Dec 28 2016, 12:08 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 337

Agree; appalling past time, especially if you have feathers or fur.
Getting enjoyment by watching animals being pulled to pieces shows a very warped DNA.
Of course Cameron resumed the disgusting past time as soon as he stepped down, and reverting to type.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Dec 28 2016, 01:11 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

I quite agree about recreational hunting, although officially it wasn't a fox hunt, or any other live bait hunt; however, if we are to wish for an impartial press then we shouldn't stand in the way of a reporting of a legal event, even if it is something for which we object.

Equally, until I become a vegan, I find it somewhat hypocritical for me to criticise activities as being cruel or abhorrent, even if I do think they are.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Dec 28 2016, 02:47 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Dec 28 2016, 01:11 PM) *
I quite agree about recreational hunting, although officially it wasn't a fox hunt, or any other live bait hunt; however, if we are to wish for an impartial press then we shouldn't stand in the way of a reporting of a legal event, even if it is something for which we object.

Equally, until I become a vegan, I find it somewhat hypocritical for me to criticise activities as being cruel or abhorrent, even if I do think they are.

I agree that being a drag hunt, they weren't hunting live quarry, but that's what hunts were set up for, and given half a legal chance they would be back to it in an instant.

Re the vegan bit, you are not being hypocritical. I don't think you can equate eating humanely-killed meat with tearing inedible wild animals apart.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 28 2016, 06:21 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

See old Nigel Farage was out with the hunt on boxing day in his mustard cordrouys. Marvellous man. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Dec 28 2016, 06:34 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (JeffG @ Dec 28 2016, 03:47 PM) *
I agree that being a drag hunt, they weren't hunting live quarry, but that's what hunts were set up for, and given half a legal chance they would be back to it in an instant.

Re the vegan bit, you are not being hypocritical. I don't think you can equate eating humanely-killed meat with tearing inedible wild animals apart.

There is very little of the "humane" element in most slaughter houses. Anyone remember the Bernard Mathew's slaughter house where workers used live birds as footballs? That's the real cost of Turkey Twizzlers!

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Dec 28 2016, 08:23 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 28 2016, 06:21 PM) *
See old Nigel Farage was out with the hunt on boxing day in his mustard cordrouys. Marvellous man. laugh.gif

Oh yes, let's all have a group hug and another excuse to condemn someone doing something perfectly legal.
You lost the campaign, get over it.

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Dec 28 2016, 08:53 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Dec 28 2016, 08:23 PM) *
Oh yes, let's all have a group hug and another excuse to condemn someone doing something perfectly legal.
You lost the campaign, get over it.

Nothing to do with Brexit. Farage is just an odious man who sucks up to the arch-demon Trump.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 28 2016, 09:40 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Dec 28 2016, 08:53 PM) *
Nothing to do with Brexit. Farage is just an odious man who sucks up to the arch-demon Trump.

In your opinion. Other people see him as something different. Why is Trump a demon by the way? I personally preferred him to Clinton.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Dec 29 2016, 12:01 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 28 2016, 09:40 PM) *
Why is Trump a demon by the way?

Because the Daily Mail Editor-in-Chief says so.... or was it the Guardian editor... I forget... but the followers of those versions of the printed press will regurgitate it nonetheless

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Dec 29 2016, 12:07 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

Boo!! Disgusting!!! Wearing a red jacket and riding a horse through the countryside with a very slight chance every blue moon of catching an animal . Shameful!! Persecute these despicable beings!!

Slaughter without stunning of tens of thousands of animals every day of every week...... let's brush over that in case we upset the minorities....

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 29 2016, 06:06 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ Dec 29 2016, 12:07 AM) *
Boo!! Disgusting!!! Wearing a red jacket and riding a horse through the countryside with a very slight chance every blue moon of catching an animal . Shameful!! Persecute these despicable beings!!

Slaughter without stunning of tens of thousands of animals every day of every week...... let's brush over that in case we upset the minorities....

Both are just plain wrong. But its PC to diss the boxing day hunt. The slaughter of animals without stunning is religion innit. Gotta make exceptions... Brush that one over.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Dec 29 2016, 09:31 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ Dec 29 2016, 12:01 AM) *
Because the Daily Mail Editor-in-Chief says so.... or was it the Guardian editor... I forget... but the followers of those versions of the printed press will regurgitate it nonetheless

Bollocks! I don't read either of those newspapers or any newspaper in fact. I have seen the man in action and formed my own opinion (yes, some of us are capable of doing that, you might be surprised to hear).

Oh, and I don't eat halal or kosher meat (or veal for that matter) so your emotive juxtaposition is irrelevant to what I said.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Dec 29 2016, 09:34 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Strafin @ Dec 27 2016, 08:20 PM) *
http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/home/20...n-lambourn.html

I don't come on much anymore as I don't live close, but I try and keep up to date with my hometown. I am also vehemently against fox hunting and gave been looking into which groups drag hunt, which ones pretend and which ones advocate fox hunting. Woth support at an all time low, I was surprised to see that the NWN is promoting the hunt and the pictures as some sort of community event, and will be running a "feature" on it in the next copy of the paper very dissapointing.

Yep, another main reason why I don't buy it any more.
Someone raised the issue of halal.
Another abhorrent practice in the name of religion which should also not be tolerated in this, which I believe, is still a non-muslim country?
Mistreating animals for "sport" laugh.gif and or religious reasons is abhorrent.
(There, I used the word twice!)

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Dec 29 2016, 09:49 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Dec 29 2016, 10:31 AM) *
Bollocks! I don't read either of those newspapers or any newspaper in fact. I have seen the man in action and formed my own opinion (yes, some of us are capable of doing that, you might be surprised to hear).

Oh, and I don't eat halal or kosher meat (or veal for that matter) so your emotive juxtaposition is irrelevant to what I said.

That you know of, done any farm to table investigation lately? A surprising number of halal slaughter houses supply meat to the trade now.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Dec 29 2016, 10:28 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (JeffG @ Dec 28 2016, 02:47 PM) *
Re: the vegan bit, you are not being hypocritical. I don't think you can equate eating humanely-killed meat with tearing inedible wild animals apart.

I wasn't equating anything. Given a choice, I'd rather be a fox than a cow or a lamb.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 29 2016, 02:13 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ Dec 29 2016, 12:07 AM) *

BUT.... Newres and co cant bring themselves to condemn this? Wonder why? If its wrong its wrong. Just like hounds tearing foxes apart. Or are foxes different?

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Dec 29 2016, 05:12 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

I think we all condemn religious slaughter, i.e halal and kosher.

Regarding halal meat getting into the food chain, I believe there was an outcry when it was discovered some supermarkets were selling halal meat not labelled as such.

I just checked and it seems that all Sainsbury's halal and kosher products are labelled. New Zealand lamb at other supermarkets is halal and unlabelled as such.

I think you'd be safe eating pork smile.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 29 2016, 05:26 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Dec 29 2016, 05:12 PM) *

Regarding halal meat getting into the food chain, I believe there was an outcry when it was discovered some supermarkets were selling halal meat not labelled as such.

I just checked and it seems that all Sainsbury's halal and kosher products are labelled. New Zealand lamb at other supermarkets is halal and unlabelled as such.

Thanks for that info. I have occasionally purchased new zealand lamb from tesco when no GB lamb was available. I won't again.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Dec 29 2016, 05:47 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Dec 29 2016, 06:12 PM) *

Thanks, good input.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:01 AM