Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Little Bit of Bread and no Cheese
Simon Kirby
post Jan 21 2014, 09:20 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,011

Judith Bunting talks about the Rennard affair.

Is this really news? For what NewburyToday call the "West Berkshire Lib Dem spokeswoman" Judith Bunting says very little, so why address the Rennard affair, and why carry those comments in the local paper's web site? As national politics goes I don't give much of a stuff for this kind of prurient red-top toss-fodder. It seems wrong that the complaints are being exercised in public and the handling of the affair tells me nothing about the self-serving reflexive fib-dem fudge-meisters that I don't already have printed on a t-shirt.

Judith Bunting says her main concern is that "As a result of these alleged 'events', a number of promising party activists and potential candidates chose to give up their political ambitions and activities. The loss of talent in our ranks, should be regretted by all members." But really, so what if the ranks of the fib dems are denuded of the politically ambitious.

For me the issue is in Judith Bunting's comment here "The fact an apology would not serve anyone in this situation well, were a civil case to be considered, should not be forgotten."

The moral position for anyone - and I'm not thinking about Lord Rennard here, my point is entirely general - for anyone, though especially for people in public life, is that an honest and open apology is always necessary if you know you've done something wrong, and if that has consequences then accept the consequences.

When asked if she thought the Liberal Democrat party had lost support, both nationally and locally, as a result, she said: “I would probably be foolish to say no…I certainly don’t think it’s done us any favours.”

No, really, don't fret. Locally the fib dems couldn't be any more loathsome if they tried, though you could always address that.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Jan 21 2014, 09:28 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Jan 21 2014, 09:20 PM) *
Judith Bunting says her main concern is that "As a result of these alleged 'events', a number of promising party activists and potential candidates chose to give up their political ambitions and activities. The loss of talent in our ranks, should be regretted by all members." But really, so what if the ranks of the fib dems are denuded of the politically ambitious.

I am glad the lack of any talent in the Lib Dems has finally been explained though!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jan 22 2014, 05:21 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Of course, when you have very very little real talent in the first place the loss of the member who had it must be serious!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
gel
post Jan 22 2014, 05:55 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 337

This Bunting woman has been in media for sometime now claiming to be speaking on behalf of local constituents.
Doesn't represent me dry.gif and no doubt has been parachuted into area.

If I weren't politically correct angry.gif I'd say these ladies are getting their "you know what's" in a twist over this; been blown all out of proportion.
Offence is so easily taken these days.
Anything that harms that party however, gets my vote though!

Carry on Msssss Bunting.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:56 PM