The Hatter
post Apr 9 2014, 12:41 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,046

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Apr 9 2014, 01:00 PM) *
LOL,

let me see now - this forum is basically the sounding board for a small group of men who in one way or another have lost out against the local council ( parking ticket, planning application, etc etc ) & instead of accepting that & moving on with their lives can't get over the fact that they were wrong, so instead they rant on incessantly & at great length to all & sundry how everything could be better if only they had their way & things were done according to their personal POV, not withstanding the fact that most of the time they are contradictcing themselves.

and woe be tide anyone who should just say - 'get over it' - for in order to negate anything & everything the 'just get over it' person says, in the mind of the few they must be a council stooge, or on the council payroll or just saying it beacuse they have a vested interest, and then the other few get on the band wagon & before you know it another poster has decided this forum isn't worth the bother & were are left with the same few miserable old gits.

this forum is basically about

I am right & I told the council I was right, but they didn't listen ( as they have actually to think about the rights of 35,000 people & not just me but I can't see thet cos I am the centre of my universe ) so now anything & everything that they do must be wrong & I must tell everyone & anyone who will listen that they are WRONG!!!

Yeah, so what! Lighten up, people moan; they always have. Who do you know who isn't in it for themselves, it's human nature. In a way it's pretty good that people feel they can say they don't believe the bollocks the council comes up with.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Apr 9 2014, 12:43 PM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (The Hatter @ Apr 9 2014, 01:41 PM) *
Yeah, so what! Lighten up, people moan; they always have. Who do you know who isn't in it for themselves, it's human nature. In a way it's pretty good that people feel they can say they don't believe the bollocks the council comes up with.

so what - well you asked so I answered.

yeah but on here it is always dressed up as 'i'm doing it for the gipper'

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Apr 9 2014, 12:54 PM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Interesting one this. Over the years, I've consistently given FGW a good kicking and Biker1, for whatever reason, has robustly defended them. We are still on the forum and haven't gone elsewhere. Several other services and utilities get the same treatment and have their regular detractors and defenders. However, you are right, it's quite noticeable that our local authorities have very few regular defenders and those there are seem to have very thin skins. That might tell you something.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Apr 9 2014, 12:58 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Apr 9 2014, 01:43 PM) *
so what - well you asked so I answered. yeah but on here it is always dressed up as 'i'm doing it for the gipper'

And your 'motives' or inspiration are otherwise altruistic?

What I find so disappointing is that few, if any, people in authority can find the wherewithal to address some of the points made on here.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Apr 9 2014, 01:35 PM
Post #85

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Apr 9 2014, 01:58 PM) *
And your 'motives' or inspiration are otherwise altruistic?

What I find so disappointing is that few, if any people in authority can find the wherewithal to address some of the points made on here.

probably because they have better things to do with their time than attempt to reconcile the inconsolable.

altrusitic. I get parking tickets because I flount the rules. Fair cop. I pay up. I don't try & claim that it is the system that is wrong.

when the bollards were taking out a vehicle a month, never once did a single driver have the balls to say - I tried it on & failed. It was always 'the signs werre wrong, the signs were hidden, the signs were hard to understand, the road layout is confusing', etc etc etc.

MP states that he is against wasting public money. Yet I don't remember seeing any comments on the Parkway bridge ticket thread ( except from Spartacus & look where that got him ) saying 'you got caught out, pay the fine'. Instead we get umpteen posts about the legality of the signs, the postition of the signs, the use of the parking ticket tribunal, the evil council making money out of the innocent etc etc.

Personally I can't see the problem. The signs in plain english say that certain vehicles can't use the bridge. End of story. Arguing techincalities over the wording is a far bigger waste of tax payers money - get rid of the tribunal if you really want to save some public money.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Apr 9 2014, 01:37 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Apr 9 2014, 01:54 PM) *
Interesting one this. Over the years, I've consistently given FGW a good kicking and Biker1, for whatever reason, has robustly defended them. We are still on the forum and haven't gone elsewhere. Several other services and utilities get the same treatment and have their regular detractors and defenders. However, you are right, it's quite noticeable that our local authorities have very few regular defenders and those there are seem to have very thin skins. That might tell you something.

It tells me they have better things to do with their time than argue the toss.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Apr 9 2014, 02:00 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Apr 9 2014, 02:37 PM) *
It tells me they have better things to do with their time than argue the toss.

It tells me that they are simply arrogant, now known as the Maria Miller syndrome.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Apr 9 2014, 02:20 PM
Post #88

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Apr 9 2014, 03:00 PM) *
It tells me that they are simply arrogant, now known as the Maria Miller syndrome.

yeah, of course, given the chance to claim dubious expences we'd not......

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Apr 9 2014, 02:31 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Apr 9 2014, 02:35 PM) *
probably because they have better things to do with their time than attempt to reconcile the inconsolable.

If that is the case, I suggest they should have considered an alternative vacation than politics. There appears at least one that doesn't feel like that, and all power to him. If he can, others can.

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Apr 9 2014, 02:35 PM) *
altrusitic. I get parking tickets because...

I'm talking about your motives; not others. What motivates you to keep posting similar posts about peoples' complaints on here? Why do you feel the need to continually focus on complainants on this forum?

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Apr 9 2014, 02:52 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Apr 9 2014, 03:31 PM) *
If that is the case, I suggest they should have considered an alternative vacation than politics. There appears at least one that doesn't feel like that, and all power to him. If he can, others can.

I'm talking about your motives; not others. What motivates you to keep posting similar posts about peoples' complaints on here? Why do you feel the need to continually focus on complainants on this forum?

Thats all this forum is about - moaning.

Why do you feel the continous need to post about my posts?

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Apr 9 2014, 04:06 PM
Post #91

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Apr 9 2014, 03:52 PM) *
Thats all this forum is about - moaning.

Why do you feel the continous need to post about my posts?

We do praise WBC when they do some good, unfortunately that doesn't happen often.

You rarely post any constructive argument and reasoning in your posts, and frequently seem not to display the intelligence to understand the questions raised. I am sure this is not always the case and that you often post just to be obstructive and to deflect criticism from the authorities.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Apr 9 2014, 04:32 PM
Post #92

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Apr 9 2014, 03:20 PM) *

No, frankly many 'little people' wouldn't. I still see many examples where people could over claim, but don't out of a sense of personal honour. They also hand in purses and money found on the street. They also work before and after time etc. etc.

I went through and signed a pile of staff expense forms this lunch time. Travel expenses where no matter where the journey had started, the daily usual home to office bit had been deducted, each claim was substantiated by receipts, even for trivial amounts.

The body rots from the head, and given the example of their leaders, the 'everyone is on the make' attitude which pervades public service isn't so surprising.
l

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Apr 9 2014, 04:52 PM
Post #93

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Apr 9 2014, 03:20 PM) *

So you would willingly claim expenses you were not really entitled to would you - but someone who misses a sign and therefore commits a minor traffic offence must be punished at all costs. Maybe it's because it pays your wages and dubious expenses tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Apr 9 2014, 05:17 PM
Post #94

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Apr 9 2014, 03:52 PM) *
Thats all this forum is about - moaning. Why do you feel the continous need to post about my posts?

Because I have thing about about evasive hypocrites! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Apr 9 2014, 06:00 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Apr 9 2014, 06:17 PM) *
Because I have thing about about evasive hypocrites! tongue.gif

don't we all.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Apr 9 2014, 06:01 PM
Post #96

Advanced Member

QUOTE (MontyPython @ Apr 9 2014, 05:52 PM) *
So you would willingly claim expenses you were not really entitled to would you - but someone who misses a sign and therefore commits a minor traffic offence must be punished at all costs. Maybe it's because it pays your wages and dubious expenses tongue.gif

I would.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Apr 9 2014, 06:03 PM
Post #97

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Apr 9 2014, 05:32 PM) *
No, frankly many 'little people' wouldn't. I still see many examples where people could over claim, but don't out of a sense of personal honour. They also hand in purses and money found on the street. They also work before and after time etc. etc.

I went through and signed a pile of staff expense forms this lunch time. Travel expenses where no matter where the journey had started, the daily usual home to office bit had been deducted, each claim was substantiated by receipts, even for trivial amounts.

The body rots from the head, and given the example of their leaders, the 'everyone is on the make' attitude which pervades public service isn't so surprising.
l

so predictable.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Apr 9 2014, 06:08 PM
Post #98

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Apr 9 2014, 07:00 PM) *
don't we all.

QED wink.gif

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Apr 9 2014, 06:08 PM
Post #99

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Apr 9 2014, 07:03 PM) *
so predictable.

Quite, so why do you defend it so much laugh.gif

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Apr 9 2014, 06:20 PM
Post #100

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Apr 9 2014, 07:08 PM) *
Quite, so why do you defend it so much laugh.gif

err, cos I don't agree with you.

sure there are faults, but there are faults in everything.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:12 PM