Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Apr 5 2014, 09:04 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 98

If they keep quiet long enough everyone will have forgotten about it.....

Just a thought, isn't it rather foolhardy to even contemplate another brand new construction (vis the proposed tea room) no matter how nice on such an apparently unstable site?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Apr 5 2014, 09:10 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (On the edge @ Apr 5 2014, 10:04 PM) *
If they keep quiet long enough everyone will have forgotten about it.....

Just a thought, isn't it rather foolhardy to even contemplate another brand new construction (vis the proposed tea room) no matter how nice on such an apparently unstable site?

I think the site's fine, it's the instability of the council that concerns me.

Town Meeting Monday evening, perhaps someone should demand some openness - if you don't mind being smeared as Vexatious.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Apr 6 2014, 10:39 AM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Apr 5 2014, 10:10 PM) *
I think the site's fine, it's the instability of the council that concerns me.

Town Meeting Monday evening, perhaps someone should demand some openness - if you don't mind being smeared as Vexatious.

Are you going Simon?

Can you imagine them letting the plebs ask such questions on such a well orchestrated back patting pantomime? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Apr 6 2014, 10:55 AM
Post #65

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Apr 6 2014, 11:39 AM) *
Are you going Simon?

Fcuk no. I want nothing to do with the tyrants and their corrupt regime, and I don't think anyone else should collaborate with them either, because it just lends credibility to what is a failed organisation.

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Apr 6 2014, 11:39 AM) *
Can you imagine them letting the plebs ask such questions on such a well orchestrated back patting pantomime? rolleyes.gif

I can certainly imagine them victimising anyone who should try.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Apr 7 2014, 06:11 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

reminds me of this forum......

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Apr 7 2014, 06:38 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Apr 7 2014, 07:11 PM) *

reminds me of this forum......

In what way do you feel forumistas are victimised for asking difficult questions?

--------------------

+Quote Post
pbonnay
post Apr 7 2014, 08:23 PM
Post #68

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,791

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Apr 7 2014, 07:38 PM) *
In what way do you feel forumistas are victimised for asking difficult questions?

Well, I do see people victimised on this board, whether or not they post....sometimes with vindictive and unpleasant comments.

A couple of days ago, on another thread, you wished the plague on the houses of people you have had a disagreement with, having weaved your allotment dispute into yet another thread.

Do you really wish great ill on them and their families?

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Apr 7 2014, 08:32 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

QUOTE (pbonnay @ Apr 7 2014, 09:23 PM) *
Well, I do see people victimised on this board, whether or not they post....sometimes with vindictive and unpleasant comments.

A couple of days ago, on another thread, you wished the plague on the houses of people you have had a disagreement with, having weaved your allotment dispute into yet another thread.

OK, I see that. You feel that I victimise the town council because of the way they have behaved towards me. I'm not going to get into that, so I think I'll just flounce.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Apr 7 2014, 09:53 PM
Post #70

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Apr 7 2014, 07:38 PM) *

You are not that daft Simon that I need to spell it out........

+Quote Post
The Hatter
post Apr 8 2014, 08:39 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,046

QUOTE (pbonnay @ Apr 7 2014, 09:23 PM) *

laugh.gif
You must have a very protected life if you think you've detected rudeness or victimisation on this forum it's one of the most gentlemanly I know laugh.gif It seems like a group of old men slapping each other with dead fish. 'A plague of houses' is simply a common term, my boss uses if all the time, because he's too posh to swear laugh.gif

+Quote Post
The Hatter
post Apr 8 2014, 08:41 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Apr 7 2014, 10:53 PM) *
You are not that daft Simon that I need to spell it out........

That looks like you have lost your nerve! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Apr 8 2014, 09:14 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

QUOTE (The Hatter @ Apr 8 2014, 09:39 PM) *
laugh.gif
It seems like a group of old men slapping each other with dead fish.

You're trying to out me aren't you? tongue.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9SSOWORzw4

+Quote Post
pbonnay
post Apr 9 2014, 09:26 AM
Post #74

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,791

laugh.gif
You must have a very protected life if you think you've detected rudeness or victimisation on this forum it's one of the most gentlemanly I know

Er, my post was a little tongue in cheek and was only highlighting some hypocrisy.

To those who like to misquote Shakespeare & Leviticus I would point to Luke 6:31, "Do unto others...

'A plague of houses' is simply a common term, my boss uses if all the time..

...in objecting to planning applications? huh.gif

+Quote Post
The Hatter
post Apr 9 2014, 11:54 AM
Post #75

Advanced Member

QUOTE (pbonnay @ Apr 9 2014, 10:26 AM) *
Er, my post was a little tongue in cheek and was only highlighting some hypocrisy.

To those who like to misquote Shakespeare & Leviticus I would point to Luke 6:31, "Do unto others...

...in objecting to planning applications? huh.gif

But of course. laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Apr 9 2014, 12:00 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

QUOTE (The Hatter @ Apr 8 2014, 09:41 PM) *
That looks like you have lost your nerve! tongue.gif

LOL,

let me see now - this forum is basically the sounding board for a small group of men who in one way or another have lost out against the local council ( parking ticket, planning application, etc etc ) & instead of accepting that & moving on with their lives can't get over the fact that they were wrong, so instead they rant on incessantly & at great length to all & sundry how everything could be better if only they had their way & things were done according to their personal POV, not withstanding the fact that most of the time they are contradictcing themselves.

and woe be tide anyone who should just say - 'get over it' - for in order to negate anything & everything the 'just get over it' person says, in the mind of the few they must be a council stooge, or on the council payroll or just saying it beacuse they have a vested interest, and then the other few get on the band wagon & before you know it another poster has decided this forum isn't worth the bother & were are left with the same few miserable old gits.

this forum is basically about

I am right & I told the council I was right, but they didn't listen ( as they have actually to think about the rights of 35,000 people & not just me but I can't see thet cos I am the centre of my universe ) so now anything & everything that they do must be wrong & I must tell everyone & anyone who will listen that they are WRONG!!!

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Apr 9 2014, 12:02 PM
Post #77

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Apr 9 2014, 01:00 PM) *
LOL,

let me see now - this forum is basically the sounding board for a small group of men who in one way or another have lost out against the local council ( parking ticket, planning application, etc etc ) & instead of accepting that & moving on with their lives can't get over the fact that they were wrong, so instead they rant on incessantly & at great length to all & sundry how everything could be better if only they had their way & things were done according to their personal POV, not withstanding the fact that most of the time they are contradictcing themselves.

and woe be tide anyone who should just say - 'get over it' - for in order to negate anything & everything the 'just get over it' person says, in the mind of the few they must be a council stooge, or on the council payroll or just saying it beacuse they have a vested interest, and then the other few get on the band wagon & before you know it another poster has decided this forum isn't worth the bother & were are left with the same few miserable old gits.

this forum is basically about

I am right & I told the council I was right, but they didn't listen ( as they have actually to think about the rights of 35,000 people & not just me but I can't see thet cos I am the centre of my universe ) so now anything & everything that they do must be wrong & I must tell everyone & anyone who will listen that they are WRONG!!!

good enough for you?

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Apr 9 2014, 12:03 PM
Post #78

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Apr 9 2014, 01:02 PM) *
good enough for you?

I say carry on as we are, but just make sure there are websites with forums so we can all gather round and moan about it. The vast majority of people don't care.

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Apr 9 2014, 12:14 PM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

Well done Dannyboy - showing your inability to understand the English language and what people have posted.

With the exception of Simon and his clear grievance with the council I am unaware of any of the posters who have a direct problem with a planning process or parking ticket. I certainly haven't.

Many including me are not complaining so much about the decisions more the underhand methods and tactics used by those in office who have made or influenced those decisions. Our other grievance is wasting of public money.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Apr 9 2014, 12:30 PM
Post #80

Advanced Member

QUOTE (MontyPython @ Apr 9 2014, 01:14 PM) *
Well done Dannyboy - showing your inability to understand the English language and what people have posted.

With the exception of Simon and his clear grievance with the council I am unaware of any of the posters who have a direct problem with a planning process or parking ticket. I certainly haven't.

Many including me are not complaining so much about the decisions more the underhand methods and tactics used by those in office who have made or influenced those decisions. Our other grievance is wasting of public money.

LOL, no direct problems - just cos they ain't said so don't make it untrue.

wasting public money - LOL - that isn't how it comes across.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:14 PM