IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sarah Palin, Makes Bush look intelligent?
GMR
post Nov 25 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 25 2010, 09:39 PM) *
Why do you think she is unintelligent? I personally doubt she is. I can't see that she would have done all she has so far if she was.

We can only judge by what we see and hear. Maybe the press are just showing the wrong stuff about her. But what we do see of her she comes over as not very bright; and that is not just my view.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 25 2010, 09:43 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Darren @ Nov 25 2010, 09:39 PM) *
and Kennedy wasn't assassinated, he just went home.

If you call heaven home? laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 25 2010, 09:45 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Darren @ Nov 25 2010, 09:35 PM) *
Of the two, I know what I'd prefer. Reagan = punch on nose.

At least he never saw Russia from his house.

No he didn't, mainly because he didn't live in Alaska. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 25 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (GMR @ Nov 25 2010, 09:42 PM) *
We can only judge by what we see and hear. Maybe the press are just showing the wrong stuff about her. But what we do see of her she comes over as not very bright; and that is not just my view.

Making gaffs isn't necessarily proof of a lack of intelligence. As you say, we only hear what the media wish us to hear, but again, I doubt she would be where she is if she was not relatively intelligent.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 25 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 25 2010, 09:49 PM) *
Making gaffs isn't necessarily proof of a lack of intelligence. As you say, we only hear what the media wish us to hear, but again, I doubt she would be where she is if she was not relatively intelligent.

That is true, however, nothing is shown of her that is in a positive light; where it did with Bush, Obama and the other presidents or prospective presidents. Maybe we could draw from that that she hasn't said anything positive or intelligent; and until she does we've only got the image of her as a buffoon.

maybe the 'relatively intelligence' you talk about is what we are already seeing?

I suppose we can look at it another way; her image as an imbecile (rightly or wrongly) has made her famous? In America that is important.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Nov 25 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 25 2010, 09:49 PM) *

I don't think Americans have much interest in what's outside America so mixing up north and south Korea is really no indication of intelligence at all. I'm somewhat cynical of the image we're being sold. That she's got to where she has is proof that she's successful at what she does. That doesn't necessarily mean she'll be good for the UK, but then why should it?

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 25 2010, 10:55 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Nov 25 2010, 10:44 PM) *
I don't think Americans have much interest in what's outside America so mixing up north and south Korea is really no indication of intelligence at all. I'm somewhat cynical of the image we're being sold. That she's got to where she has is proof that she's successful at what she does. That doesn't necessarily mean she'll be good for the UK, but then why should it?

And what exactly do you believe she is 'successful' in? In showing the world (outside America) that she is not that knowledgeable or clever!
What is known about her is that she is a founding member of the ‘Tea party’ she comes out with stupid comments (like her experience in foreign affairs is due to ‘seeing Russia from her bedroom window’), that she is a laughing stock within and outside America. She condemns homosexuality, sex outside marriage (even though her daughter got pregnant outside of marriage) etc.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Nov 26 2010, 10:59 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

She also has a dead bear on her sofa: http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/0...alin3.large.jpg

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 26 2010, 11:06 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Nov 25 2010, 10:55 PM) *
And what exactly do you believe she is 'successful' in? In showing the world (outside America) that she is not that knowledgeable or clever!

A few misplaced quotes doesn't make someone unintelligent; Ronald Reagan's "Princess David" anyone? And there were the countess GWD Bush's gaffs, but I understand that he wasn't as daft as he was portrayed. I suspect Palin is similar.

What is known about her is that she is a founding member of the ‘Tea party’ she comes out with stupid comments (like her experience in foreign affairs is due to ‘seeing Russia from her bedroom window’), that she is a laughing stock within and outside America. She condemns homosexuality, sex outside marriage (even though her daughter got pregnant outside of marriage) etc.

None of this makes her unintelligent. She's a mother, been a governor, has a Bachelor's degree and is close to running for President. I maintain you wouldn't be all these with out a reasonable amount of intelligence.

I don't like her, but I try not to let my opinions cloud my judgement. Ironically, look how bright Obama is, yet he is looking very wobbly at the moment.

+Quote Post
Darren
post Nov 26 2010, 11:08 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (JeffG @ Nov 26 2010, 10:59 AM) *

Never mind the bear, it's the size of her crabs I'm scared of.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Nov 26 2010, 12:21 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (GMR @ Nov 25 2010, 09:40 PM) *
No, sorry... somebody else did.

Aren't they all?

No - the ones that are not get shot.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Nov 26 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

And what exactly do you believe she is 'successful' in?

Not every American runs for vice president, and she in there for the nomination to run for president. That's successful.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 26 2010, 05:41 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE ([b][u]Iommi[/u][/b] @ Nov 26 2010, 11:06 AM) *

A few misplaced quotes doesn't make someone unintelligent; Ronald Reagan's "Princess David" anyone? And there were the countess GWD Bush's gaffs, but I understand that he wasn't as daft as he was portrayed. I suspect Palin is similar.

I totally agree with you. But it is not about a few 'misplaced quotes' but the whole package. What she says, how she comes over... on top of that what the political commentators say about her. Barbara Bush made an acid comment about her "She is a very attractive woman. And I thought she was happy in Alaska, let us hope she stays there." And this was somebody from the same party has her. In fact there is a campaign – from her party – which wants her stopped. They didn't try to stop Bush!

None of this makes her unintelligent. She's a mother, been a governor, has a Bachelor's degree and is close to running for President. I maintain you wouldn't be all these with out a reasonable amount of intelligence.

I don't like her, but I try not to let my opinions cloud my judgement. Ironically, look how bright Obama is, yet he is looking very wobbly at the moment.

Again I can't fault your comments. After all; neither of us know her, but that is why we can only judge by what the other commentators say about her, listening to her interviews and see what her own party say about her (i.e. the top people).

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 26 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Nov 26 2010, 02:40 PM) *
Not every American runs for vice president, and she in there for the nomination to run for president. That's successful.

only successful if she is picked.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 26 2010, 05:56 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Nov 26 2010, 05:41 PM) *
I totally agree with you. But it is not about a few 'misplaced quotes' but the whole package. What she says, how she comes over... on top of that what the political commentators say about her. Barbara Bush made an acid comment about her "She is a very attractive woman. And I thought she was happy in Alaska, let us hope she stays there." And this was somebody from the same party has her. In fact there is a campaign – from her party – which wants her stopped. They didn't try to stop Bush! Again I can't fault your comments. After all; neither of us know her, but that is why we can only judge by what the other commentators say about her, listening to her interviews and see what her own party say about her (i.e. the top people).

Yes, but I suggest that none of this is about intelligence, more her policies, morals and judgement. At the end of the day, if she were to be successful, it will reflect more on Americans and their judgement, but then this is the same public that voted for Obama.

God help us that we might slide into the sleazy type of politics that inhabits America; I think we are heading there.

QUOTE (GMR @ Nov 26 2010, 05:42 PM) *
only successful if she is picked.

The success is in her being in line.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 26 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE ([b][u]Iommi[/u][/b] @ Nov 26 2010, 05:56 PM) *

Yes, but I suggest that none of this is about intelligence, more her policies, morals and judgement. At the end of the day, if she were to be successful, it will reflect more on Americans and their judgement, but then this is the same public that voted for Obama.

The trouble with the word 'intelligence' is that it means different things to different people. Maybe the world should have been 'intellectual' instead? Which she isn't. But I do agree that if she is picked it will 'reflect more on Americans and their judgement' and it will also make America a laughing stock if she becomes a prospective president in waiting. In fact I bet Obama hopes she does win the dominancy.

God help us that we might slide into the sleazy type of politics that inhabits America. I think we are heading there.

We don't have the same cultural back ground for that to happen... but we can go near.

The success is in her being in line.

And the moment she is only being talked up. There is a campaign to stop her in her own party.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 26 2010, 08:09 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Is Sarah Palin the thinking drinking blind-man's crumpet?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 26 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

You wouldn't want to argue with her, would you?

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 26 2010, 09:13 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

At least she has a good researcher...

http://www.facebook.com/notes/sarah-palin/...es/463364218434

A Thanksgiving Message to All 57 States
by Sarah Palin on Thursday, 25 November 2010 at 17:46

My fellow Americans in all 57 states, the time has changed for come. With our country founded more than 20 centuries ago, we have much to celebrate – from the FBI’s 100 days to the reforms that bring greater inefficiencies to our health care system. We know that countries like Europe are willing to stand with us in our fight to halt the rise of privacy, and Israel is a strong friend of Israel’s. And let’s face it, everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma and they end up taking up a hospital bed. It costs, when, if you, they just gave, you gave them treatment early, and they got some treatment, and ah, a breathalyzer, or an inhalator. I mean, not a breathalyzer, ah, I don’t know what the term is in Austrian for that…

Of course, the paragraph above is based on a series of misstatements and verbal gaffes made by Barack Obama (I didn’t have enough time to do one for Joe Biden). YouTube links are provided just in case you doubt the accuracy of these all too human slips-of-the-tongue. If you can’t remember hearing about them, that’s because for the most part the media didn’t consider them newsworthy. I have no complaint about that. Everybody makes the occasional verbal gaffe – even news anchors.

Obviously, I would have been even more impressed if the media showed some consistency on this issue. Unfortunately, it seems they couldn’t resist the temptation to turn a simple one word slip-of-the-tongue of mine into a major political headline. The one word slip occurred yesterday during one of my seven back-to-back interviews wherein I was privileged to speak to the American public about the important, world-changing issues before us.

If the media had bothered to actually listen to all of my remarks on Glenn Beck’s radio show, they would have noticed that I refer to South Korea as our ally throughout, that I corrected myself seconds after my slip-of-the-tongue, and that I made it abundantly clear that pressure should be put on China to restrict energy exports to the North Korean regime. The media could even have done due diligence and checked my previous statements on the subject, which have always been consistent, and in fact even ahead of the curve. But why let the facts get in the way of a good story? (And for that matter, why not just make up stories out of thin air – like the totally false hard news story which has run for three days now reporting that I lobbied the producers of “Dancing with the Stars” to cast a former Senate candidate on their show. That lie is further clear proof that the media completely makes things up without doing even rudimentary fact-checking.)

“Hope springs eternal” as the poet says. Let’s hope that perhaps, just maybe, they might get it right next time. When we the people are effective in holding America’s free press accountable for responsible and truthful reporting, then we shall all have even more to be thankful for!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

- Sarah Palin

+Quote Post
Sandy77
post Nov 27 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 1,065

QUOTE (GMR @ Nov 26 2010, 08:32 PM) *
You wouldn't want to argue with her, would you?

And you're questioning HER level of intelligence. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:43 PM