> KFC
Dodgys smarter b...
post Sep 21 2011, 12:57 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,100

Fairy Snuff.

Meanwhile, here's four things that might make life better / cheaper / longer, for some.

No alcohol to under 21's.

No driving license until you're over 21.

No organ transplants unless you carry an organ donor card yourself.

No Micky D's, KFC, or other designated fast foods unless you can produce a B.U.P.A. membership card.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Sep 21 2011, 12:59 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

Junk food is not my speciality, I try and cook.
More years ago than I wish to remember I went to a local all you can eat for a ....chinese. My birthday treat.
Everytime the prawns were replenished the porkers opposite were off like bullets,
We never got any!.
Not just me ... My elder brother used to visit same establishments.
"Come on dear lets go and have a look at the table". Wife was a bit slow, and zoom prawns were gone!.
ce

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Sep 21 2011, 01:51 PM
Post #23

Guests

QUOTE (Dodgys smarter brother. @ Sep 21 2011, 01:57 PM) *
Fairy Snuff.

Isn't that cocaine? blink.gif

Meanwhile, here's four things that might make life better / cheaper / longer, for some.

No alcohol to under 21's.

Perhaps, works in America (well it doesn't but hey)

No driving license until you're over 21.

Disagree, 18 is old enough plus how on earth are you supposed to get to work if you can't drive (and if you say buses I will slash your tyres...I won't but hey it felt good saying it laugh.gif )

No organ transplants unless you carry an organ donor card yourself.

Good idea. Give unto others and thou shalleth recieve. Or something like that.

No Micky D's, KFC, or other designated fast foods unless you can produce a B.U.P.A. membership card.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but...f*** it I've got BUPA. Perhaps this is a good idea.

+Quote Post
Dodgys smarter b...
post Sep 21 2011, 02:19 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Sep 21 2011, 02:51 PM) *
Disagree, 18 is old enough plus how on earth are you supposed to get to work if you can't drive

Ah, but that's where part 2b/ comes into it. There'll be no need for under 21 licenses. Part 2b/ states that when you leave school, if you don't go to University, you go into the military. Your choice, male or female, it don't matter, either 3 years at Uni, or 3 years learning a trade and doing something for your Country. By golly, wouldn't that concentrate a few minds?

+Quote Post
theone09
post Sep 21 2011, 02:30 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 341

If you are looking for fried chicken.. I'd suggest Southern Fried Chicken at Crown Mead in Thatcham. 200% better than KFC! You can even see them coating & cooking the chicken smile.gif

YUM!

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Sep 21 2011, 02:51 PM
Post #26

Guests

QUOTE (theone09 @ Sep 21 2011, 03:30 PM) *
If you are looking for fried chicken.. I'd suggest Southern Fried Chicken at Crown Mead in Thatcham. 200% better than KFC! You can even see them coating & cooking the chicken smile.gif

YUM!

Never eaten there but went there once. Probably took about 15 minutes between ordering and getting my food. Although some of the girls working there were very pretty. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Dodgys smarter brother. @ Sep 21 2011, 03:19 PM) *
Ah, but that's where part 2b/ comes into it. There'll be no need for under 21 licenses. Part 2b/ states that when you leave school, if you don't go to University, you go into the military. Your choice, male or female, it don't matter, either 3 years at Uni, or 3 years learning a trade and doing something for your Country. By golly, wouldn't that concentrate a few minds?

I don't think forcing national service would work. I don't like violence (I like guns but rather looking at them/watching videos than firing them) and I couldn't fight for something I don't believe in (the war in the middle east, for example).

So by that logic, teaching young people that violence with no cause, purpose or direction, is the solution to problems you can't solve by reasoned conversations, completely ignoring cultural differences between a developed western power and a semi-developed middle eastern region... yeah... I'm down for that, homie.

And I didn't go to Uni because I don't want £18,000 of debts by the age of 21. If by learning a trade you mean say, engineering, IT, mechanics, design, then I'd agree with that. But forcing people won't get them to learn it.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Sep 21 2011, 03:12 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Sep 21 2011, 03:51 PM) *
And I didn't go to Uni because I don't want £18,000 of debts by the age of 21.

Someone else should pay? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Dodgys smarter b...
post Sep 21 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Sep 21 2011, 03:51 PM) *
And I didn't go to Uni because I don't want £18,000 of debts by the age of 21. If by learning a trade you mean say, engineering, IT, mechanics, design, then I'd agree with that. But forcing people won't get them to learn it.

They don't have to apply themselves at all. That's up to them, but if you want, in later life, your country to help and or look after you then it's only right you put a bit in. Either by increasing the educated gene or by being prepared to defend your country. Don't forget, we have fought wars throughout history, and sometimes for good causes.

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Sep 21 2011, 04:12 PM
Post #29

Guests

So if you would let them go to Uni without having to apply themselves, what's the point in them going?

Genes you are born with. Knowledge is an ENVIRONMENTAL factor. Yes, genetics may have something to do with it, but it's not like if you were born into a normal family and you become a professor of rocket science, that when you pop out a baby (even if you are a guy) that that baby will be clever!

Last time I looked only 2 or 3 of the last 100 years of war were in a "self defensive" manner. Most of them can be considered "invasions".

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Sep 21 2011, 04:12 PM) *
Someone else should pay? tongue.gif

Not at all, but there has to be a middle way. £9,000 a year is almost on the minimum pay limit, so basically you could employ someone to work for you, for the same price..

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Sep 21 2011, 05:43 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Sep 21 2011, 05:12 PM) *
Not at all, but there has to be a middle way. £9,000 a year is almost on the minimum pay limit, so basically you could employ someone to work for you, for the same price..

In a KFC presumably! tongue.gif

I don't get what you mean though.

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Sep 21 2011, 07:29 PM
Post #31

Guests

Touche on the KFC!

I mean, if I went to a good university I would have to pay £9000 a year. Where as, I could probably buy someone to cook, clean and shop for me for that money.. So the point is that the outlay which these young people, many of whom have no savings, is very unreasonable.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Sep 21 2011, 08:40 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Sep 21 2011, 08:29 PM) *
Touche on the KFC!

I mean, if I went to a good university I would have to pay £9000 a year. Where as, I could probably buy someone to cook, clean and shop for me for that money.. So the point is that the outlay which these young people, many of whom have no savings, is very unreasonable.

What outlay? You don't need any outlay for a Uni course, you just need money for subsistence.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Sep 21 2011, 09:50 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Dodgys smarter brother. @ Sep 21 2011, 01:57 PM) *

Really? http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article...articleID=17525

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Sep 21 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (theone09 @ Sep 21 2011, 03:30 PM) *

YUM!

I saw the channel 4 undercover boss programme and decided that I would never go to an SFC. The time I had gone before that though, the food was quite good, but took ages.

+Quote Post
cornflake
post Sep 21 2011, 11:10 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,243

I didn't go to Uni after leaving school, I got myself a fulltime job and did a fulltime college course. I consider myself to have enjoyed life much more than all of my friends who went to university and of which 2 out of about 30 have got the job they went to uni to get and all of which still have debts.
I do not envy their debts at all and am very happy with the experience I have got from going to work and still furthering my education.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Sep 21 2011, 11:13 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Decarix @ Sep 22 2011, 12:10 AM) *
I didn't go to Uni after leaving school, I got myself a fulltime job and did a fulltime college course.

When did you sleep?

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Sep 22 2011, 12:31 AM
Post #37

Guests

QUOTE (Strafin @ Sep 21 2011, 11:30 PM) *
I saw the channel 4 undercover boss programme and decided that I would never go to an SFC. The time I had gone before that though, the food was quite good, but took ages.

Why? Didn't see that show..

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Sep 22 2011, 07:23 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

The overall boss was just a horrible, horrible man who by his own admission hadn't bothered with the UK arm of his business for several years. There was a lot of bad practices in the kitchens, cost cutting and no consistency. The outlets featured were going to their own suppliers, carting chicken from the supermarket and dumping it on the floor in the units. Equipment didn't work and they had a very poor record in getting things repaired. The overall boss was the son of the founder, and he only seemed interested in money.

+Quote Post
Dodgys smarter b...
post Sep 22 2011, 09:54 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Sep 21 2011, 10:50 PM) *

Two reasons not to eat fast food then.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Sep 22 2011, 10:37 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Sep 21 2011, 09:40 PM) *
What outlay? You don't need any outlay for a Uni course, you just need money for subsistence.

These days, students have to pay course fees. Maybe you missed that bit of news wink.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:27 AM