Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sex pest?, Are you one?
TallDarkAndHands...
post Nov 4 2017, 07:51 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

As sexual harrassment is flavour of the moment in the darling media world have you examined your own behaviour since turning 18?

Have you ever "tried it on" with someone?
Does that make you a sex pest?

Or if you did and she or he said no and you left it at that does that make you normal?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Andy Capp
post Nov 4 2017, 11:41 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

It reminds me of the racism issue: some one guilty of being a bit insensitive can be grouped with people wishing to gas certain members of the human race.

I’d rather the focus was on unqualified bulling and not exclusive to male on female, which in itself is sexist and is a social attitude which creates situations like adults being unable to comfort children.

What does concern me is this seems more about sensationalism than a genuine concern; however, to make improvements you sometimes have to have a shock; the behaviour of some of our elected reps is abysmal.

+Quote Post
newres
post Nov 4 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Nov 4 2017, 11:41 AM) *
It reminds me of the racism issue: some one guilty of being a bit insensitive can be grouped with people wishing to gas certain members of the human race.

I’d rather the focus was on unqualified bulling and not exclusive to male on female, which in itself is sexist and is a social attitude which creates situations like adults being unable to comfort children.

What does concern me is this seems more about sensationalism than a genuine concern; however, to make improvements you sometimes have to have a shock; the behaviour of some of our elected reps is abysmal.

Interesting point re: children. I believe that the Esther Rancid campaign all those years ago had a pretty damaging effect on men and their relationship with their own and others' children. I certainly wouldn't comfort a child in the street if it fell over or lost his mum or whatever.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Nov 4 2017, 02:51 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (newres @ Nov 4 2017, 02:22 PM) *
Interesting point re: children. I believe that the Esther Rancid campaign all those years ago had a pretty damaging effect on men and their relationship with their own and others' children. I certainly wouldn't comfort a child in the street if it fell over or lost his mum or whatever.

I had to explain to an angry mum last month why, after her child fell over in the yard and started screaming I didn't rush over to pick her up. It's sad when you have to bury the most human emotion of all to go to a child in distress because it might be misconstrued. Society today huh.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:58 AM