> Newbury's CCTV
dannyboy
post Jan 24 2011, 06:50 PM
Post #601

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jan 24 2011, 06:45 PM) *
If the NWN was a public service, that would definitely be true.

okay, we need an enquiry into the gagging of the NWN by WBC. Or not as the case may be.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 24 2011, 06:55 PM
Post #602

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 24 2011, 06:50 PM) *
okay, we need an enquiry into the gagging of the NWN by WBC. Or not as the case may be.

Or simply an explanation would do. The people claiming to have written in might not have done, although I would have found it extraordinary that no-one felt the need to comment on that letter.

Also, should the NWN have trumped up a lie, it would easily get rumbled if they did, so it makes no sense for them to have said as such.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 24 2011, 06:57 PM
Post #603

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jan 24 2011, 06:55 PM) *
Or simply an explanation would do. The people claiming to have written in might not have done, although I would have found it extraordinary that no-one felt the need to comment on that letter.

Also, should the NWN have trumped up a lie, it would easily get rumbled if they did, so it makes no sense for them to have said as such.

the plot thickens.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 24 2011, 07:01 PM
Post #604

Advanced Member

The other thing that I find puzzling, is why would an open letter be potentially litigious? What is the problem with the NWN printing open letters?

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 24 2011, 07:38 PM
Post #605

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,076

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 24 2011, 06:44 PM) *
I think we need in enquiry into the NWN.

Hold on a second, you don't buy the paper yet you think they should justify to you why they don'y publish letters, yet we all pay money to the council and you are happy for them to mislead and not answer questions???

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 24 2011, 07:40 PM
Post #606

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 24 2011, 07:38 PM) *
Hold on a second, you don't buy the paper yet you think they should justify to you why they don'y publish letters, yet we all pay money to the council and you are happy for them to mislead and not answer questions???

Don't you want to know why they don't publish letters & lie about having recieved them?

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 24 2011, 07:43 PM
Post #607

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jan 24 2011, 07:40 PM) *
Don't you want to know why they don't publish letters & lie about having recieved them?

That's for the paper to tell us. I was just saying that you don't pay for a paper and want answers from them, yet pay over a thousand in council tax to the council and are happy for them to bodge job everything.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jan 24 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #608

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 24 2011, 07:43 PM) *
That's for the paper to tell us. I was just saying that you don't pay for a paper and want answers from them, yet pay over a thousand in council tax to the council and are happy for them to bodge job everything.

Exactly! Swap paper for council & now you can see the futility of it all!

+Quote Post
user23
post Jan 24 2011, 07:58 PM
Post #609

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 24 2011, 07:43 PM) *
I wonder how the the teachers, social workers and carers of West Berkshire will think when they hear that you think they "bodge job everything".

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 24 2011, 08:00 PM
Post #610

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Jan 24 2011, 07:58 PM) *
I wonder how the the teachers, social workers and carers of West Berkshire will think when they hear that you think they "bodge job everything".

Teachers, social workers and carers are not the council you plonker.

+Quote Post
user23
post Jan 24 2011, 08:02 PM
Post #611

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jan 24 2011, 08:00 PM) *
Teachers, social workers and carers are not the council you plonker.
Of course they are. Which organisation do you think they work for?

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 24 2011, 08:11 PM
Post #612

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Jan 24 2011, 08:02 PM) *
Of course they are. Which organisation do you think they work for?

Don't care; they are not the council. They are not responsible for screwing up the CCTV system then seeking to cover it up.

+Quote Post
user23
post Jan 24 2011, 08:14 PM
Post #613

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jan 24 2011, 08:11 PM) *
Don't care; they are not the council. They are not responsible for screwing up the CCTV system then seeking to cover it up.
"bodge job everything" is the quote, not the "bodge job the CCTV system".

So that's everything from teaching to trading standards, from social work to sites of special scientific interest, all bodged says Richard or Labour, I get confused who he's speaking for.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jan 24 2011, 08:26 PM
Post #614

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Jan 24 2011, 08:14 PM) *
"bodge job everything" is the quote, not the "bodge job the CCTV system". So that's everything from teaching to trading standards, from social work to sites of special scientific interest, all bodged says Richard or Labour, I get confused who he's speaking for.

There's no confusion whom you speak for, and it certainly isn't yourself.

But to answer your question, I suspect the people you are so concerned about couldn't give a **** what RG says or thinks. If they do, they are not going to make very good teachers or social workers being that thin skinned. Notwithstanding should anyone think RG was talking about them who are teachers, should be sacked immediately for being an stupid.

We have, however, been down this stupid line of argument before and it doesn't get away from the evidence that the council have royally bodged the CCTV system and have seemingly sought to deceive the public about it.

+Quote Post
user23
post Jan 24 2011, 08:32 PM
Post #615

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jan 24 2011, 08:26 PM) *
I just post what I think, my own personal opinion and I'll tell you what, I don't think that our hard working local teachers and carers "bodge job everything" like Richard seems to.

The poor lad doesn't seem to be too good with words sometimes.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Jan 24 2011, 08:38 PM
Post #616

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (user23 @ Jan 24 2011, 08:14 PM) *
"bodge job everything" is the quote, not the "bodge job the CCTV system".

So that's everything from teaching to trading standards, from social work to sites of special scientific interest, all bodged says Richard or Labour, I get confused who he's speaking for.

Certainly no doubt who you represent User is there? wink.gif With the way you are picking bits out of posts to discredit posters and trying to deflect proper debate if I was your boss I would be very very disappointed with your childish ways. It does the council no credit to have you representing them. If I was a teacher social worker or other worker you listed I would be cringing to think you have to sink this low to try and deflect the flack over the CCTV.

You know full well RG meant to imply the councilors and officers at WBC.

You resort to this sort of antic yet it would be a lot easier in the long run if proper answers were given by WBC and would not leave them looking more foolish than at present.

Still a deafening silence from WBC? angry.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 24 2011, 08:43 PM
Post #617

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jan 24 2011, 08:26 PM) *

But to answer your question, I suspect the people you are so concerned about couldn't give a **** what RG says or thinks. If they do, they are not going to make very good teachers or social workers being that thin skinned. Notwithstanding should anyone think RG was talking about them who are teachers, should be sacked immediately for being an stupid.

We have, however, been down this stupid line of argument before and it doesn't get away from the evidence that the council have royally bodged the CCTV system and have seemingly sought to deceive the public about it.

I'm afraid User23 is clutching at straws now. The council have bodged up the CCTV, and lied about it. Bodged up bringing Parkway to Newbury, and tried to mislead us all. Messed up the affordable housing quotas within local developments and sought to mislead us about the fact they would not allow further reductions. Doubled the debt at the council, and then tried to deny it until the figure was revealed in an Exec meeting last week. Tried to force a Pavillion on Victoria park, and lied about it's prupose and funding. Messed up the LDF, and were told by the inspector to suspend the process for six months to get their house in order. Closing more than half of day centres, without consultation and misleading people about the real reasons. Adopting a leadership model, rejecting comments from the West Berkshire Strategic Partnership because they don't fit their own plan. Sacking a huge chunk of care workers and youth workers. Yet User23 can still sit at his desk playing on internet forums all day!!!

Teachers, social workers and frontline staff do not make the decisions. Keith Chopping say the Conservatives call the shots, not the officers. If that is true, the buck stops with them and the leader.

+Quote Post
user23
post Jan 24 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #618

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Jan 24 2011, 08:38 PM) *
Certainly no doubt who you represent User is there? wink.gif With the way you are picking bits out of posts to discredit posters and trying to deflect proper debate if I was your boss I would be very very disappointed with your childish ways. It does the council no credit to have you representing them. If I was a teacher social worker or other worker you listed I would be cringing to think you have to sink this low to try and deflect the flack over the CCTV.

You know full well RG meant to imply the councilors and officers at WBC.

You resort to this sort of antic yet it would be a lot easier in the long run if proper answers were given by WBC and would not leave them looking more foolish than at present.

Still a deafening silence from WBC? angry.gif
All I'm saying, is that using the phrase "bodge job everything" seems I'll thought out and a tad immature when it's said referring to our local public sector workers.
QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 24 2011, 08:43 PM) *
Yet User23 can still sit at his desk playing on internet forums all day!!!
Now, now Richard, you're getting a bit desperate there.

We both know I only post on here in the evening, at weekends and the odd chance I get to on a lunch break.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Jan 24 2011, 08:48 PM
Post #619

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Jan 24 2011, 08:44 PM) *
All I'm saying, is that using the phrase "bodge job everything" seems I'll thought out and a tad immature when it's said referring to our local public sector workers.Now, now Richard, you're getting a bit desperate there.

We both know I only post on here in the evening at weekends and the odd chance I get to on a lunch break.

That hasn' always been the case!!! wink.gif

And what about your alter egos???

+Quote Post
user23
post Jan 24 2011, 08:50 PM
Post #620

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Jan 24 2011, 08:48 PM) *
That hasn' always been the case!!! wink.gif

And what about your alter egos???
I don't have any "alter egos". I think someone's been winding you up.

+Quote Post

55 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:20 PM