Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Parish council ‘name and shame’ Tesco over litter problem
Andy Capp
post Nov 9 2012, 06:26 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

I find this incredible. Council chairman Tony Forward is 'blaming' Tesco because students from Newbury College are exploiting a hole in a hedge and are dropping litter from items they have bought from the store.

Tony, how about having a go at the idiots that drop litter that attend the college too!!!!!

"Council chairman Tony Forward blamed the superstore for the build up of litter, saying that failure to repair a broken fence quickly enough last year meant that students from neighbouring Newbury College used it on a daily basis.

He said: “Tesco should be named and shamed for this."

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/2012/parish-...-litter-problem
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Nov 9 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Nov 9 2012, 06:26 PM) *
I find this incredible. Council chairman Tony Forward is 'blaming' Tesco because students from Newbury College are exploiting a hole in a hedge and are dropping litter from items they have bought from the store.

Tony, how about having a go at the idiots that drop litter that attend the college too!!!!!

"Council chairman Tony Forward blamed the superstore for the build up of litter, saying that failure to repair a broken fence quickly enough last year meant that students from neighbouring Newbury College used it on a daily basis.

So, 'The public aggressively assumed the right to use it [the footpath] to the extent they break down any attempt to close it.'

This guy is so backward, he has brake lights behind his ears!!

How does he know it's students dropping litter? Where will it be when the fence is fixed, again?

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Nov 9 2012, 06:40 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Nov 9 2012, 06:36 PM) *
How does he know it's students dropping litter? Where will it be when the fence is fixed, again?

Exactly, as if people will stop dropping litter if they cannot get through the fence. If anything, the gap in the fence is an advantage because it keeps all the litter in one place. If I were Tesco, I'd be tempted to repair the fence and bill the college (on the assumption it is true that students are causing the problem).

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Nov 9 2012, 07:20 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Nov 9 2012, 06:40 PM) *
Exactly, as if people will stop dropping litter if they cannot get through the fence. If anything, the gap in the fence is an advantage because it keeps all the litter in one place. If I were Tesco, I'd be tempted to repair the fence and bill the college (on the assumption it is true that students are causing the problem).

I think we are getting to some law of averages or summat, perhaps an ology. If you buy a lolly (cos that's what students do!), You have waited a while to purchase it, you have to consume it now, so where would you be relative to the shop exit before the wrapper was a burden?

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Nov 9 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

It infuriates me when I see the McDonalds wrappers, boxes and bags all along the side of Burys Bank Road. Why are some people SO bledy ignorant they just lob their rubbish out the car windows as they drive along.

As for this hole in the hedge there's always an answer. And the answer is razor wire.....

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Nov 9 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ Nov 9 2012, 07:29 PM) *
It infuriates me when I see the McDonalds wrappers, boxes and bags all along the side of Burys Bank Road. Why are some people SO bledy ignorant they just lob their rubbish out the car windows as they drive along.

As for this hole in the hedge there's always an answer. And the answer is razor wire.....

Almost without doubt, boyracer types who are too car proud to keep it in the car until they find a proper place for it.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 9 2012, 07:37 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

He said: "Tesco should be named and shamed for this."

I agree. That is stupid. It is not Tesco's fault if idiots drop litter.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Nov 10 2012, 11:55 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

Tut Tut! Should we not shut the college then? This would alleviate the problem!

I walked through Victoria Park last weekend and the rubbish that was strewn around near the skate park was amazing! Who gets the blame for that, is it the people who drop the litter, or should the council be named and shamed for allowing it to happen? Or should we close the skate park? unsure.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Nov 10 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Nov 9 2012, 08:26 PM) *

Which he has just done.
Erroneously, as it would appear from the responses on this thread! rolleyes.gif
Seems there is always someone else to blame rather than the perpetrator these days. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Berkshirelad
post Nov 11 2012, 12:06 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Nov 10 2012, 07:45 PM) *
Which he has just done.
Erroneously, as it would appear from the responses on this thread! rolleyes.gif
Seems there is always someone else to blame rather than the perpetrator these days. rolleyes.gif

Unless written into their planning permission or deeds, Tesco have no obligation whatsoever, in law, to maintain any fences on their
boundaries; they are not even required to have them at all.

Once again, a councillor goes for the sound-bite of an easy target rather than the scrotes who are actually dropping the litter.

BTW, many other use the 'short-cut' that he is iiting to students at the college - one can see any pupils from a local secondary school doing exactly the sane in the morning.

+Quote Post
John C
post Nov 12 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,022

Personally I wont go near any Tesco store, but how can Tesco's be responsible if they have repaired the fence several times but for litter louts to break it again. Does he want the store to close then, it would not bother me but I suspect I am in a minority.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:58 AM