IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Name Suggestions for Thatcham Development, ....WBC might wish they hadn't asked!
wabbit
post Oct 26 2010, 11:45 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 312

As we all seem to need cheering up a bit and this forum has become a little pedantic and ill-tempered in places... and WBC have asked for suggestions for naming the the new Over 55's' housing development in Thatcham town centre... I thought I'd start the ball rolling with my suggestion: CHAVVIEW COURT.

The marketing blurb could then describe the panoramic view such privileged residents might have of the 'nightlife' in Olde Thatcham Towne..., the diverse selection of shops (estate agent/take-away/estate agent/restaurant/estate agent/tattoo parlour)... the fun activities to be had right on their doorstep (see how many chavs you can fit in a Co-op trolley and then upend outside Barclays Bank)..., the great 'characters' whiling away their time supping on a can of Special Brew on a bench in the Broadway...

Hey... are there any of these apartments left...I'm quite tempted!! laugh.gif

--------------------
You can't shake hands with a clenched fist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
wabbit
post Oct 27 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 312

Ah... very apt! wink.gif ..this is the 'random' section of the forum after all!

Do you have any particular reason for choosing 'Christchurch'? Not entirely sure there is a church in the immediate vicinity... but it's as good as most of the names chosen for new developments.

In fact, WBC can't claim such a bizarre choice of road name as that chosen by Wokingham District Council who named an 'Alderman Willy Close'. I'm sure Mr Willy was a fine man but maybe it wasn't the best name for a new road laugh.gif

And, in answer to Spartacus, yes, there is a tattoo parlour in the Broadway in Thatcham now - there was even a 'Hoodie Shop' but it seems to have closed down (can't think why!) to be replaced by an 'Army Surplus Shop'. There was an independent discount 'pound' type shop briefly in the Kingsland Centre (near Waitrose) but that too closed... This all bodes badly for Madame Whiplash... unless perhaps, with the new development, she could re-invent herself as 'Miss A Nice Cuppa Tea And a Sit Down'.... or perhaps not.

--------------------
You can't shake hands with a clenched fist
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 02:59 AM