Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help required.
SirWilliam
post Jan 9 2020, 11:05 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,341

New year greetings to the few that remain on here. I have a question that I hope the train users can answer.

I was asked to attend a court session in Guildford this Friday so duly popped into Newbury station and bought my ticket from a helpful ticket office who sorted out what train I needed, so I bought it there and then. Just been informed that my evidence is not required till Monday now.
So boys and girls it states on the ticket that I can transfer my travel day for a "fee". Do I need to change it now or can I do it on Monday?

The National rail web page is about as helpful a colander in a soup kitchen.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
James_Trinder
post Jan 9 2020, 07:45 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jan 9 2020, 11:05 AM) *
New year greetings to the few that remain on here. I have a question that I hope the train users can answer.

I was asked to attend a court session in Guildford this Friday so duly popped into Newbury station and bought my ticket from a helpful ticket office who sorted out what train I needed, so I bought it there and then. Just been informed that my evidence is not required till Monday now.
So boys and girls it states on the ticket that I can transfer my travel day for a "fee". Do I need to change it now or can I do it on Monday?

The National rail web page is about as helpful a colander in a soup kitchen.

https://www.gwr.com/help-and-support/changing-your-ticket

It's a £10 fee and you can do it on the day although you might want to do it beforehand because there is often quite a large queue at the ticket office and obviously you wouldn't want to miss your train and be late for court.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jan 9 2020, 09:07 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Jan 9 2020, 07:45 PM) *
https://www.gwr.com/help-and-support/changing-your-ticket

It's a £10 fee and you can do it on the day although you might want to do it beforehand because there is often quite a large queue at the ticket office and obviously you wouldn't want to miss your train and be late for court.

Thanks for that. Just to allay any fears that I am about to be posted to the colonies I have been asked to attend as character witness so you are not getting rid of me that quickly. Incidentally it has been postponed once again so may be prudent to do it on the day.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jan 9 2020, 10:45 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jan 9 2020, 09:07 PM) *
Thanks for that. Just to allay any fears that I am about to be posted to the colonies I have been asked to attend as character witness so you are not getting rid of me that quickly. Incidentally it has been postponed once again so may be prudent to do it on the day.

Come on Sir Will. Come clean... what you been up to?😂

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 10:29 PM