Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Climate change.
newres
post Jul 30 2018, 10:38 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,961

Let’s see if we can guess the climate change deniers on here.

https://www.indy100.com/article/climate-cha...warming-8407951
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
On the edge
post Jul 31 2018, 05:54 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 98

QUOTE (newres @ Jul 30 2018, 11:38 PM) *
Let’s see if we can guess the climate change deniers on here.

https://www.indy100.com/article/climate-cha...warming-8407951

I've recently been at a seminar looking at these divides. The Age one shouldn't surprise anyone at all. Indeed, the real surprise is that the movers and shakers pushing boundaries simply ignore this, often creating the type of mayhem and division we see today. Like it or not, we are shaped by our formative years. So then, being of a certain age, yes, I do find it 'difficult' to accept todays's focus and concentration on sexuality. Until I left school homosexuality was regarded as a serious criminal offence, taught and enforced as such. We, the young unwashed railed only against the clear unfairness and lack of compassion. I voted in the in the Common Market referendum and the UK back then was just as divided. Heath and his ilk used a lot of what we'd now call fake news to get his way; but a significant number were anti and horrified by what it would do for our families and links with commonwealth nations. The 'for' majority was simply a result of Harold Wilson politicising the issue, so the then deferential population voted for the establishment view.

Climate change is a vastly important subject, again, very badly promoted; the older generation certainly have some valid thoughts on fuel policy; which are studiously ignored by the 'movers and shakers'. If we'd retained proper control of the energy industry we'd have a much more cohesive and better managed change delivery. However, again, the national interest is sacrificed on the altar of 'market forces' and pseudo political science. Meaning the Daily Mail can rubbish essential components at will; rather than concentrating on the real issue; the hideous waste of public money in the usual appalling UK managements.

--------------------
Know your place!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 06:31 AM